Rumor: Powers: Bhawks efforts to improve their defense

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
We get it. Your opinion is doom and gloom, that “Stanley” has failed and should be fired, and you’re annoyed that not everyone shares your view.

honestly, even we he tries to have a solid post it is just filled with such negativity and horseshit..I have never met someone so f***ing miserable on here..period.

he is right on a few things, but my lord the melodramatic tone makes me vomit when trying to read through it. I think reality is somewhere between what he is saying and the most positive posters when it comes to our defense..

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

elvisisalive

Feb 20, 2007
honestly, even we he tries to have a solid post it is just filled with such negativity and horse****..I have never met someone so ****ing miserable on here..period.

he is right on a few things, but my lord the melodramatic tone makes me vomit when trying to read through it. I think reality is somewhere between what he is saying and the most positive posters when it comes to our defense..
Id love to know how many games hes seen Beaudin play to come up with that assertion . hes not big, but in the games ive watched his instincts are spot on, I became much happier with the pick after seeing him live

Fire Stan Bowman

May 28, 2019
Oh good, some buzz to get me to the end of the week. Its refreshing to see some posters so objective about youth. I typically see overvaluing of prospects and pipe dreams of how good a team could be in 3 or 4 years like that's the right way to win a cup.
love the avatar bud

Reactions: Cowch

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I've been racking my brain what to change it to, waiting for inspiration
problem solved...

tumblr_pi7y0h2aLG1xkok61o1_400.jpg

Reactions: Jeffrey Lebowski

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Little late on the Boqvist discussion, but I doubt they would have Brian Campbell working with him so closely, if they weren't high on him.

Reactions: LDF and Blue Liner

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
So with no drafting of Byram and no trade of Gus

The question becomes how has Stanley gone about improving our D situation at this point?

- Can Keith continue to win in fight vs aging or will he start to diminish?
- Will our coach allow Joker to play?
- Will we get the mostly underwhelming Murphy that Yotes desperately wanted to rid themselves of after mistake contract or last years reliable Murphy?
- Will Maatta continue to decline and be bought out or will he find some way of turning his career around?
- Can Gus contribute offensively the way he did this past year if and can that outweigh the negatives that come with his piss poor defensive game?
- Can Seabs be a reliable 3rd pairing player to soften the impact of his horrific contract or will he continue to decline in performance?
- Does Gus have future here?
- Can Koekkoek build off what was stable/reliable play after coming to Hawks?
- Can Dahlstrom not be underwhelming/mediocre at everything?

We better hope Stanley is not done here because if he is this D is really no better then it was last season and likely is going to once again be major problem

At this point I expect a horrific Gus extension is coming and that we will regret it for longtime

These are the days of our lives as Hawk fans!

Reactions: LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
So with no drafting of Byram and no trade of Gus

The question becomes how has Stanley gone about improving our D situation at this point?

- Can Keith continue to win in fight vs aging or will he start to diminish?
- Will our coach allow Joker to play?
- Will we get the mostly underwhelming Murphy that Yotes desperately wanted to rid themselves of after mistake contract or last years reliable Murphy?
- Will Maatta continue to decline and be bought out or will he find some way of turning his career around?
- Can Gus contribute offensively the way he did this past year if and can that outweigh the negatives that come with his piss poor defensive game?
- Can Seabs be a reliable 3rd pairing player to soften the impact of his horrific contract or will he continue to decline in performance?
- Does Gus have future here?
- Can Koekkoek build off what was stable/reliable play after coming to Hawks?
- Can Dahlstrom not be underwhelming/mediocre at everything?

We better hope Stanley is not done here because if he is this D is really no better then it was last season and likely is going to once again be major problem

At this point I expect a horrific Gus extension is coming and that we will regret it for longtime

These are the days of our lives as Hawk fans!
ref the bold, i am not really impress and i am being honest with my judgement.

if this was SB big "D" improvement ....... he failed .

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Obviously the #1 way to fix the defense is to bench Seabrook and plank himself 7th d...just sit him... Tell him the HRARD and SAD fact that he has notvsjown why he should still be in an NJL lineup even on a 3rd pairing anymore..

I am willing to provide him 1 more chance..if hecshows in main camp and one-season that he has rebounded to Competency underxa strict regimen from our vaunted S&C coach Paul Hoodman and also under whatever skating coach they brought in for a resurrection from the dead summer skating program.. IF he shows he VAN play with total usefulness agai then we will play him p er the 6th Dman..but if NOT..we tell him he will just unfortunately suit.

He could get really upset with is ..and demand z trade. But we tell him mo team wants that co tract ..and especially knowing he cannot play and help them..

He cannot be stupid..he will take his rightfully owed money and sit ..he will not retire and forgoe the cash inflow just on pride.

But ...sitting him puts in some ody who can actually MOVE faster than a turtle.

Surely a competent guy who can move will be better than a guy who no longer can...

We must do this unless he is resurrected to even half of what he once was. BUT if this provescimpossiblec..he is finished..and we can only sit him down and let some ody else a tualky help our D. HE is taking up a spot and ruining his D-oartners.

Nor can we wait a half season of incompetence for hom to get in better shape to move.

He has to prove in main camp and pre-season Thatcher is not finished. WE JUSTVCANNOT play turtle speed or crossing feetcand falking goofs..or guyscwhizzibg oadt him that he can no longer keep up with..thesevisduesxarexso basic that any eye test tells you he cannot play the game any longer like that ...Prove hevcan still play properly orvelse SiT..

It is that stark and brutal... it when it goes it goes quickly ...and it sure seems it went.

We sit him...we immediately improve the D.

As to Keith..his problem was that he was not engaged to the max interest interest first half
and so a lot of indifferent games mixed with some better games ..but never thought he had raised his compete to former standards...As of January 20th his +/- was only EVEN and likevalk ourcoyher dmen...not goidvon the pk..

After Jan 20th he started raising hiscintereztcand compete level in an attitude change..Over final 32 games he finished +13 and you could see more investment to try to win.

And so while he has lost sonecofchisxskill and speed to age. at least we want hard compete from him...He showed he still CoULD give that when motivated.

Hopefully this season he is motivated all aeason and hopefully still can play well tgse next 2 seasons...until we get our CBOs.

Maatta should help.

If Jokiharju part ofca trade for a more certain D help now ..then in the window..do it.. because we have cap room and we have too many pipeline TD coming into the show by 2020/21 season and 2021/22 infusions..

So if the goal it to FUX the D now one or more ofvtgse young kid dmen probably should be traded for help NOW.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad