Rumor: Powers: Bhawks efforts to improve their defense

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
well i am really and a little nervous with SB in charge of making trades.

go to The Athletic to read the article.

breakdown on what was in print. Bhawks want 1 of the Car top d-men ...... the Bhawks top draft #3 is not in play.

the price being offered is one of the 2nd line forwards.

that is all i know.

Last edited:
Reactions: Castle8130

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
I imagine they're trying to unload AA and Carolina isn't interested, especially if it's for faulk who only had one year until UFA whereas AA has two and they have comparable cap hits

I'm sure they want Saad and Stan is reluctant to deal him again

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Based on what I'm reading, I think they want to win now and maximize their chances with Toews and Kane.
I think Boqvist is a great prospect, but I'm now bracing myself for him getting traded. Same with Joki.
Quite frankly, don't get too attached to anyone on this roster because I think that anyone not named Toews, Kane, Keith and Seabrook are on the table this offseason.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
well they and correct me mention that the 3 top d-men are being looked at.

that mean Jaccob Slavin - is the only lhd of the 3. the other 2 are and they could be the #1 rhd......

confusing.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
so i am thinking that Saad, AA or and perlini are the forwards being discuss.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
its honestly insance that 25 year old Dougie Hamilton is so good, and been good since he was young and being shopped for a FOURTH trade. Something is clearly up with that guy

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Based on what I'm reading, I think they want to win now and maximize their chances with Toews and Kane.
I think Boqvist is a great prospect, but I'm now bracing myself for him getting traded. Same with Joki.
Quite frankly, don't get too attached to anyone on this roster because I think that anyone not named Toews, Kane, Keith and Seabrook are on the table this offseason.

Attached to anyone? What does that even mean? I think people care more about players than they do about the team as a whole. Personally I could care less who’s playing as long as the team is a contender again, if Toews goes and the team wins or if Kane leaves it’s all gravy but the team has to win that’s what I am attached to.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
its honestly insance that 25 year old Dougie Hamilton is so good, and been good since he was young and being shopped for a FOURTH trade. Something is clearly up with that guy
i think and this is purely hypothetical, but i think the players will be Faulk from Car and Saad from the bhawks.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Attached to anyone? What does that even mean? I think people care more about players than they do about the team as a whole. Personally I could care less who’s playing as long as the team is a contender again, if Toews goes and the team wins or if Kane leaves it’s all gravy but the team has to win that’s what I am attached to.
What I meant is don't be surprised if your favorite player or prospect gets traded. Brace yourself.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
What I meant is don't be surprised if your favorite player or prospect gets traded. Brace yourself.

The only reason I am bracing myself is not due to the “attachment” to any players but due to the stupidity of Stan the Man Bowman, brace yourselves indeed!!!

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
De Haan would be an amazing get, just what we're missing. But not at the expense of Saad imo.

Strange situation coz our best assets are good D prospects, which Carolina doesn't need. Not the most ideal trade partners.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
None of these guys are a particularly good fit (not nearly as good a fit as Murray*). I think this is no more than Bowman kicking some tires (and a VG beat reporter getting wind of it (or it's a plant)). I expect he's doing a lot of that these days.

On second thought, after doing a bit more research, de Hahn looks good. Not a sexy choice, but pretty solid. Like that he's under contract for 3 more seasons.

* the risk with Murray is health

Last edited:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I advocated for De Haan last year at FA

I would love to have him on our 2nd pair

Keith-Jokiharju
de Haan-Murphy

de Haan would be big boost to our PK as well

Only issue with him is he had surgery and wont be ready to go at start of year. But that shouldn't be issue as we have plenty of cheap/young defenders who can play until he is ready

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
If its a Saad for Faulk deal then Stanley can piss off!

All Faulk will do is block Joker's development since we know for damn sure Seabrook isn't going anywhere

Keith-Faulk
Gus-Murphy
Dahlstrom/Koek/Forsling potentially-Seabrook

If Hawks trade for RHD Faulk then it is pretty clear JC doesn't want Joker on Hawks and if that is case JC needs to be fired ASAP to avoid him destroying the future of organization

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
If the org isn't high on Boqvist, I'd add him to a trade for Slavin.
Not that I wouldn’t absolutely love Slavin but where did the bolded come from?

I’ve seen no indication of that and Boqvist made a lot of strides in his devlopment last year and had a pretty damn great end to the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad