PowerPlayManager.com #12 - Basketball Beta Starts Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulls4ever

Mar 17, 2014
wow!!! after a few matches playing just to get to know my players and after thinking i was ready to start the season, my team came up with a HUGE win against an opponent i lost the match before: 112 x 65 !!!!

lanky522

Jun 16, 2014
Im not very happy with this rookie challenge as I've seen people cheating.

I've seen two teams played 2 matches. one won like 130-40 and the other lost 40-130

very likely they exchanged messages, and each game one manager set up the team very poorly with players outside positions so one could score tons. then reversed it the next match.

I was actually considering doing this later in the challenge if I weren't successful in the first several games. Luckily I got my 100 points on the 2nd friendly.

I don't know that it's really "cheating" though. You don't gain any competitive advantage out of doing it. In fact, you actually lose a (albeit miniscule) bit of OTR by throwing the one friendly match.

The only ones this really hurts is PPM, because people can game it to get more free credits... and therefore don't have to pay PPM as much money for propack features as they did before.

But then, PPM was the one who made the promo, and this exploit was stupidly easy to anticipate, so it's really their own fault if they didn't see it coming.

*shrug* I don't really see what the problem is.

lanky522

Jun 16, 2014
P.S.

For what it's worth, another incredibly simple way to get the 100 points was to play one of your first 2 friendlies on VH intensity. Most teams don't play that hard on friendlies, and since the season didn't "technically" start yet, any energy wasted gets refreshed as of today anyways.

That's what I realized when planning my 2nd game. Glad I got it out of the way so that I don't have to worry about it now that the new season has started.

Bulls4ever

Mar 17, 2014
i played all my friendlies on VH and dint reach the 100. season started, played the same opponent of last match that i lost and beat him very easy making my 100 points.

granted I used the correct players and adjusted tactics.

Bulls4ever

Mar 17, 2014
one thing i can never understand ....

"Hanover Fisters has received a special award for 10000 purchased credits."

granted that there are always some promotions but .... 10,000 credits bought on current best deal "1400 for 200 US$" means 1,430 US$

on the same day I read ...
"Hanover Fisters has received a special award and 75 credits for a subscription for PRO pack for a total of 2000 days."

So, some one spends more than 1 thousand dollars and earn 75 credits only as reward??????

75/10000 = 0.75% !!!!! really???

Now .. he has a total of 2000 days. One season has 116 days

marsrover, who is a very nice guy btw, 1490 days on soccer, 263 on hockey and 401 on handball = total 2154 days! so he has been a PRO his entire career!!! and earns SEVENTY FIVE credits for his loyalty!!! REALLY ???

he spends an average of 30 US$ per month!!! and after 4 years he earns 75 credits!!!!!!

guys like him should have much more rewards ....

have his Own Name as one very high quality player in the game .. with his his image and if ever dropped to market and no taker he should immediately join his team at zero salary so he can retire there at one point.

guy like him should have some direct contact with game developers to give suggestions and make requests.

guys like him should be paying much less for credits. in fact, at this point Id say he should have granted Pro for life.

really ?? over one thousand bucks!!!! in one single game!!!!

should have earned free tshirts, polo and stuff to promote even more the game.

the guy is a PPM hero!! come on, show him some love :)

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
one thing i can never understand ....

"Hanover Fisters has received a special award for 10000 purchased credits."

granted that there are always some promotions but .... 10,000 credits bought on current best deal "1400 for 200 US$" means 1,430 US$

on the same day I read ...
"Hanover Fisters has received a special award and 75 credits for a subscription for PRO pack for a total of 2000 days."

So, some one spends more than 1 thousand dollars and earn 75 credits only as reward??????

75/10000 = 0.75% !!!!! really???

Now .. he has a total of 2000 days. One season has 116 days

marsrover, who is a very nice guy btw, 1490 days on soccer, 263 on hockey and 401 on handball = total 2154 days! so he has been a PRO his entire career!!! and earns SEVENTY FIVE credits for his loyalty!!! REALLY ???

he spends an average of 30 US$ per month!!! and after 4 years he earns 75 credits!!!!!!

guys like him should have much more rewards ....

have his Own Name as one very high quality player in the game .. with his his image and if ever dropped to market and no taker he should immediately join his team at zero salary so he can retire there at one point.

guy like him should have some direct contact with game developers to give suggestions and make requests.

guys like him should be paying much less for credits. in fact, at this point Id say he should have granted Pro for life.

really ?? over one thousand bucks!!!! in one single game!!!!

should have earned free tshirts, polo and stuff to promote even more the game.

the guy is a PPM hero!! come on, show him some love :)

Season is 112 days :yo:

But in all seriousness, that is a fantastic contribution. He has 3,000 day ProPack in soccer. And, has donated a WHACK of credits to the Can-Am tournament. I'll speak with the development team about some perks for these loyal managers.

tescosamoa

Dec 13, 2012
My new goalie hit the big 2.05 in training today for handball. That is my first over 2. The team average was a 1.250 for the day. 2 players injured to boot "_"

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
My new goalie hit the big 2.05 in training today for handball. That is my first over 2. The team average was a 1.250 for the day. 2 players injured to boot "_"

I sincerely hope that is while in a training camp. Otherwise, there's no hope for my team.

That reminds me... I haven't run any of my camps yet. I'm, for the first time ever, sitting atop I.1 so I'm hesitant to do so just yet.

tescosamoa

Dec 13, 2012
Hockey Goals Season 18

Hockey Season 17 recap

This season I have the following goals.
1. Add 2 Triples (2500)
( added a 2500, 2000 and 1000 )
2. Upgrade OG's Defence with 3 RFA's
Done . Have one of the best line of D in II.4
3. Win 25 games and finish top 8
Won 28 games and finished 3rd. 4th in Playoffs :) :) :)
4. Facilities SA7, MC7, TF9, RF9 and MC11 Or put the money towards another triple. Have not decided on that.
All done except MC11

Well a very successful year. This year is another grind year. Goals are similar
1. Build 3 Triple maxes ( have 160M saved for the first 2 ), upgrade the remaining ones to max
2. Build SA8 , MC11
3. UFA on 1 RD and 1 C
4. Finish top 6 and win 25 games.

Just another grind of a season where I will play every team hard and see where it goes. One good thing is that this season I go into the league with my whole team above 85 chemistry. Unlike this season.

Just get through this season and then its upgrade Facilities... Then I can build a team for I.1. :)

tescosamoa

Dec 13, 2012
Basketball Season 1 goals.

1. Build top 4 Facilities all season long.
2. Finish at least 2nd in Conference , top 5 in league. Make it to final 32 in NT
3. That is it. :)
4. 200 seats all around
Just going to play and not worry.

tescosamoa

Dec 13, 2012
I sincerely hope that is while in a training camp. Otherwise, there's no hope for my team.

That reminds me... I haven't run any of my camps yet. I'm, for the first time ever, sitting atop I.1 so I'm hesitant to do so just yet.

Yea it was. I have back to back camps coming up. Normally its 1 to 3 players around 1 and a bulk around .80-.95

:)

tescosamoa

Dec 13, 2012
Season is 112 days :yo:

But in all seriousness, that is a fantastic contribution. He has 3,000 day ProPack in soccer. And, has donated a WHACK of credits to the Can-Am tournament. I'll speak with the development team about some perks for these loyal managers.

heh that is funny i was talking with my graphic artist today about this and was paying for his missing items. :) I have a few thousand credits to use up :)

Speaking of that... I have a basketball tournament coming up. With winning teams getting tons of graphics done. So if your planning on running any let me know. Or if you wanna help out let me know.

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
heh that is funny i was talking with my graphic artist today about this and was paying for his missing items. :) I have a few thousand credits to use up :)

Speaking of that... I have a basketball tournament coming up. With winning teams getting tons of graphics done. So if your planning on running any let me know. Or if you wanna help out let me know.

PM me some details in PPM. I can participate and promote however helps. I'm really credit-strapped right now thanks to the 13 tournies I organized recently but I'll do what I can.

Emerald76

May 20, 2010
Dubh Linn
Guys, just reading through the above comments and an idea hit me, I'd like your genuine thoughts on this...

Lets say PPM gave you the chance to have your very own player come through the SA in your image and your name (or a name nominated by you), and they had a non-negotiable Star Quality of 3 stars across the board. Enough to keep the player.

You would have to buy up X amount of credits. Lets say 1,000 credits.

Would you go for it for the novelty factor?
Do you see many PPM managers going for it?

If not, why not?

Cory

Hockeytown
Nov 18, 2013
Michigan
PM me some details in PPM. I can participate and promote however helps. I'm really credit-strapped right now thanks to the 13 tournies I organized recently but I'll do what I can.

I really wish I had thought to plug you in to our winning bid to host D1 WCH tourney. Didn't even think about it until after the bids were posted.

Guys, just reading through the above comments and an idea hit me, I'd like your genuine thoughts on this...

Lets say PPM gave you the chance to have your very own player come through the SA in your image and your name (or a name nominated by you), and they had a non-negotiable Star Quality of 3 stars across the board. Enough to keep the player.

You would have to buy up X amount of credits. Lets say 1,000 credits.

Would you go for it for the novelty factor?
Do you see many PPM managers going for it?

If not, why not?

I'm on the edge for it. On the one hand, I'd feel more engaged and involved in my team if some of the players were named after me and friends of mine. However, 3 stars is typically lucky to be kept. Occasionally they end up having Qs in the 70s across the board, but more often at least 1 Q is too terrible to keep.

On another note Emerald, since your jerseys turned out so spiffy, how would you like to translate the Pistons jerseys to PPM for me? The only thing that turned out well on mine so far are the collars. Outside of that they're just meh. The only problem would be getting credits to you since you're not an approved graphic artist.

Emerald76

May 20, 2010
Dubh Linn
I really wish I had thought to plug you in to our winning bid to host D1 WCH tourney. Didn't even think about it until after the bids were posted.

I'm on the edge for it. On the one hand, I'd feel more engaged and involved in my team if some of the players were named after me and friends of mine. However, 3 stars is typically lucky to be kept. Occasionally they end up having Qs in the 70s across the board, but more often at least 1 Q is too terrible to keep.

On another note Emerald, since your jerseys turned out so spiffy, how would you like to translate the Pistons jerseys to PPM for me? The only thing that turned out well on mine so far are the collars. Outside of that they're just meh. The only problem would be getting credits to you since you're not an approved graphic artist.

Maybe 3.5 stars?

I don't think PPM would go with a guarantee of 4 stars..

As for the shirts, I'll do 'em free of charge.
That way, if they're crap, I won't care!! :)

~

What do ye need?
Send me an image for home and away shirts here or on PPM to work off!

Cory

Hockeytown
Nov 18, 2013
Michigan
Maybe 3.5 stars?

I don't think PPM would go with a guarantee of 4 stars..

As for the shirts, I'll do 'em free of charge.
That way, if they're crap, I won't care!! :)

~

What do ye need?
Send me an image for home and away shirts here or on PPM to work off!

:laugh: Sounds good. Messaged you here.

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
Rather than that, just give the person the option to rename one of their players.

That's what likely will happen. That isn't too tricky, adding a custom photo is. Alas, if anything comes of it they may get the ability to rename a player, any player... vet or new pull.

Bulls4ever

Mar 17, 2014
HEY, i didnt want my idea to be another money maker for PPM but rather to reward loyalty!!!!!

if there are tons of custom names in there and custom faces then it defeat the purpose of making those unique for loyal managers!!!!

idea was to have something similar to Crowdfunding/kickstarting where the developer awards special things for people who gives most money.

some game developers do what i suggested: have their name, avatar, face, etc in the game.

Idea was for to ppm to set the rule: e.g: every manager who has purchased 5000 credits are allowed to have one player with their name

manager who spent 7500 can add face to his special player name
spend 10,000 can be part of the team to suggest/brainstorm features fort new incoming game

and so on .....

again, please dont make this a money making but rather a true reward

camrawrn

Apr 16, 2013
Looks like I started the basketball season off the right way with an 89-56 beatdown using my subs for most of the game. Looks like my trend of strong defensive teams may have carried over to basketball, too.

Making good progress on facilities, SA and HR are on their way to level 4. Looks like I should be able to meet my goals for this season.

Just so you guys know, I'll probably be selling all of my foreign players in handball either at the end of this season, or at the end of August after the CanAm credit tournament. I'll roll with an all American lineup and just build my facilities to provide some good youth pulls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad