PowerPlayManager.com #12 - Basketball Beta Starts Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
Dang it Canucks, you always have to one-up me...

In other news, I now have enough credits for a three month ProPack. Huzzah! I'll probably wait until my training facility is higher so there's a purpose for auto-training. It's kind of useless when it takes a week for a player to gain one point.

Going to spend it on Bball I assume? I would recommend you conserve it for the draft month. There'll be 4 weeks of scouting prior to drafting. Depending on where your SA compares to others and where you finish in the standings you may want to choose the draft that is most advantageous for you.

Emerald76

May 20, 2010
Dubh Linn
Thanks for the info on the draft folks!

~

Ok, so a basketball player comparison.
I'll list attributes, height and IGR.
Both I have down as Shooting Guards.

Influence legend:
Big
Medium
Small

Player A:
Sho: 45
Blo: 46
Pas: 50
Tec: 52

Spe: 43
Agr: 39
Jum: 40

Height: 191 cm
IGR: 21

Player B:
Sho: 43
Blo: 35
Pas: 54
Tec: 50

Spe: 48
Agr: 36
Jum: 34

Height: 193 cm
IGR: 22

~

I'll let you all make of that what you will!!

camrawrn

Apr 16, 2013
Going to spend it on Bball I assume? I would recommend you conserve it for the draft month. There'll be 4 weeks of scouting prior to drafting. Depending on where your SA compares to others and where you finish in the standings you may want to choose the draft that is most advantageous for you.

I will have some credits left over for the draft. I think I will have first overall pick since there's only one other team that is upgrading facilities in my league. So I'll just need a couple of credits to set my order if I don't think I will be online.

suprvilce

Sep 12, 2006
Yeah **** the basketball. I can't seem to win playing VL or VH, trying all possible tactic variations. I'll just leave it on one set of tactics for entire season at VL and not bother with lineup (even if there are injuries, **** them) and just upgrade facilities when there is enough cash.

EspOrrsito

edumacated
Feb 27, 2002
B.C.
Visit site
The 90% discount for PRO pack Basketball - 12 months was a nice touch from PPM. "You have this discount because you have a PRO pack subscription for the next 700+ days (in all other sports combined)"

Interesting that the number of teams in Basketball has already surpassed Handball.

Basketball teams: 15706 (+496)
Canada: 188 (+7)

Handball teams: 13132 (+83)
Canada: 124

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
The 90% discount for PRO pack Basketball - 12 months was a nice touch from PPM. "You have this discount because you have a PRO pack subscription for the next 700+ days (in all other sports combined)"

Interesting that the number of teams in Basketball has already surpassed Handball.

Basketball teams: 15706 (+496)
Canada: 188 (+7)

Handball teams: 13132 (+83)
Canada: 124

Nice!

And yes, I've noticed a lot of new managers signing up for basketball... we'll see where those numbers settle once the one-login-n00bs no longer have teams.

EspOrrsito

edumacated
Feb 27, 2002
B.C.
Visit site
Nice!

And yes, I've noticed a lot of new managers signing up for basketball... we'll see where those numbers settle once the one-login-n00bs no longer have teams.

In my Basketball IV.1 league there are 8 Team nonames and 3 that are run by (including moi) expert/veteran of other PPM sports, 1 total noob and the rest are a mixed bag of professional/beginner/rookie.

Any ETA on the PPME tool for Basketball? I realize it takes time, just curious.

Bulls4ever

Mar 17, 2014
Well he sold for 3.6m. Startup money + Tutorial + Email link gets you that kinda player. That's a decent boost to your facilities at this stage.

Normally you sell those and replace them with SA pulls. Right now I'd rather hang on to my starting 5 and win some games.

Well, I get someone can have that money, but my point is ...
1. buyer spend the entire available resources: not too bad as it will be a steal anyways and will be just a bit behind on development
1. seller loses best player that wont be replaced in 2-3 seasons for a silly earlier advantage that teams will close the gap very quickly

Bulls4ever

Mar 17, 2014
Im not very happy with this rookie challenge as I've seen people cheating.

I've seen two teams played 2 matches. one won like 130-40 and the other lost 40-130

very likely they exchanged messages, and each game one manager set up the team very poorly with players outside positions so one could score tons. then reversed it the next match.

Emerald76

May 20, 2010
Dubh Linn
Im not very happy with this rookie challenge as I've seen people cheating.

I've seen two teams played 2 matches. one won like 130-40 and the other lost 40-130

very likely they exchanged messages, and each game one manager set up the team very poorly with players outside positions so one could score tons. then reversed it the next match.

Report the players and game to one of the gamemasters, they'll look into it.
If it's obvious, they'll be punished.

camrawrn

Apr 16, 2013
Report the players and game to one of the gamemasters, they'll look into it.
If it's obvious, they'll be punished.

Can they be punished? It's still just friendlies, and agreeing on tactics is only against the rules if it's a competitive game.

tescosamoa

Dec 13, 2012
Draft names for soccer is up.
This is the first time I have been involved in a draft of any kind on PPM.

And so I have no idea what to do/expect/pray for!
A couple of questions for you guys...

* Does "Ordering by potential" do anything since i have zero players scouted right now?
* Do I just randomly pick guys from the start to scout?

They gotta figure out away to eliminate about 90 clicks from this draft.... wow that is a painful amount of clicking

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
They gotta figure out away to eliminate about 90 clicks from this draft.... wow that is a painful amount of clicking

I've submitted a proposal.

That is the one downfall of the new draft system... lots of clicking. But, it took me 5min and now I can forget about it for a month.

camrawrn

Apr 16, 2013
I scored 95. I was so annoyed. Somehow in the 4th quarter my players forgot how to shoot.

My players put their tryhard pants on at the beginning of the 4th, but they stalled about halfway through the quarter at 95 points. Eventually I hit a pair of three pointers to send me over, but it was frustrating.

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
Can they be punished? It's still just friendlies, and agreeing on tactics is only against the rules if it's a competitive game.

Truthfully, I don't think the gamemasters have the same thought process as you do. Even if its not expressly against the rules they don't have any resolve punishing it. Especially if the reward is something they typically profit from.

I'm not saying they will do anything about it, just recommending to all that if you find a way to gain an advantage in the game that you recognize as "not in the spirit of the game" despite not being expressly against the rules, don't assume they won't take action.

slacklar

May 12, 2014
Interestingly enough all my soccer draftees came back as a D. Fits with me not changing the friendly lineup/tactics for my league game yesterday and managing a 1-1 draw. That's going to cost me the 1.3m sponsor bonus plus reduced attendance next game.

This week will also likely be the end of the road for my team in the SuperLeague and National Cup. Unless I can get another upset by going VH.

slacklar

May 12, 2014
Well, I get someone can have that money, but my point is ...
1. buyer spend the entire available resources: not too bad as it will be a steal anyways and will be just a bit behind on development
1. seller loses best player that wont be replaced in 2-3 seasons for a silly earlier advantage that teams will close the gap very quickly
Yeah, I agree with that. Unless you have a very easy division where you can afford to lose your best player and still dominate. Even though, might as well try for the national cup.

Cory

Hockeytown
Nov 18, 2013
Michigan
Curious what everyone is putting for game importance in friendlies in basketball now that the season started and energy reset? VL like other sports or are you going higher?

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
Curious what everyone is putting for game importance in friendlies in basketball now that the season started and energy reset? VL like other sports or are you going higher?

I still play VL in friendlies and L in league play in handball. Ticket revenue is low enough that the attendance penalty doesn't impact anything.

camrawrn

Apr 16, 2013

I will likely play them on low. Get a tiny boost to chemistry and experience, but the main reason is so I can't forget to switch my importance off of very low for league games.

Which reminds me, I should probably set my importance/tactics for tomorrow...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad