[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Replacements:
85 - 9 - 19
44 - 83
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I would run Jmo at the top, Laine on left half wall, Scheif slot, Wheeler right half wall and Perreault in front.
Second unit would have Buff at top, Roslo left half wall, Connor in slot, Ehlers right half wall and Little in front.
If they run two Ds I'd have Trouba in there.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Big Buff needs to run a powerplay on his own.
So 2nd unit would be best.

Keep Schiefele Wheeler in the first. Plus a left shot forward down low.

Morrissey would be a fine quarterback on that 1st pp. But lets give Trouba a shot there 1st.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Jets will have a righty and lefty pp.

PP1 (righty)

Petan

Laine. Scheifele. Wheeler

Buff

PP2 (lefty)

Roslovic

Ehlers. Perreault. Connor

Morrissey

Reactions: surixon

ecolad

Nov 17, 2015
Jets will have a righty and lefty pp.

PP1 (righty)

Petan

Laine. Scheifele. Wheeler

Buff

PP2 (lefty)

Roslovic

Ehlers. Perreault. Connor

Morrissey

I really like the left/right idea Whileee - hope that Maurice will give this a chance in TC and preseason at least.. Just a thought - wouldn`t it be better in both cases to have the 'down low guy" be opposite handed to the rest of the guys on the unit? Would make it easier to pass/make plays with the half=wall guy, and would really be better for stepping out from beside/behind the net to deflect shots and quickly retrieve rebounds, or to himself generate a shot on net ? Don`t know if I described this very well .:laugh: In your example, exchange Petan and Roslovic.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I really like the left/right idea Whileee - hope that Maurice will give this a chance in TC and preseason at least.. Just a thought - wouldn`t it be better in both cases to have the 'down low guy" be opposite handed to the rest of the guys on the unit? Would make it easier to pass/make plays with the half=wall guy, and would really be better for stepping out from beside/behind the net to deflect shots and quickly retrieve rebounds, or to himself generate a shot on net ? Don`t know if I described this very well .:laugh: In your example, exchange Petan and Roslovic.
Yup, I have a lefty (Petan) down low with Wheeler on the wall and Scheifele in the slot (as Stastny was). For PP2 I have Roslovic down low, with Ehlers on the half wall and Perreault in the slot. That sort of triangle works by giving good passing lanes.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Don't mess with what works

PP1:
Perreault (potentially Roslovic etc.)
Laine-Scheifele-Wheeler
Byfuglien

PP2:
Connor-Little-Ehlers
Morrissey/Roslovic-Trouba

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
It was on instagram today
1132BF20-BBB2-441F-8491-89A0B60AB919.jpeg

Foreshadowing for a 27-28-29 line????

When did roslovic switch numbers?

Reactions: SUX2BU

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Perrault
Laine chef wheeler
Mo

Connor
Laine little ehlers
Buff.
Pretty much never take Lanie off while there is a pp. if you have to, rest him es. He is just so deadly on the pp.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I would still rather have Buff and Laine together on the PP. Having Buff at the point opens some space for Laine on the off wall, and Laine opens some space for Buff. Separating them would make the PP too easy to read, in my opinion.

Reactions: Ducky10

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
I would still rather have Buff and Laine together on the PP. Having Buff at the point opens some space for Laine on the off wall, and Laine opens some space for Buff. Separating them would make the PP too easy to read, in my opinion.

I think Morrissey could slide in to that spot and make it just as lethal.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I'm not as concerned with who they run on the PP, although Petan, Laine, Scheifele, Wheeler and Buff are my 1st unit choice. I just want to see them show the movement they had around mid season. I felt the PP stagnated a bit towards the end of the year and in the playoffs. The 2nd unit was actually more dynamic but lacked the finishers the 1st unit has.

The need to get back to that constant rotation they had when they were most successful.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I'm not as concerned with who they run on the PP, although Petan, Laine, Scheifele, Wheeler and Buff are my 1st unit choice. I just want to see them show the movement they had around mid season. I felt the PP stagnated a bit towards the end of the year and in the playoffs. The 2nd unit was actually more dynamic but lacked the finishers the 1st unit has.

The need to get back to that constant rotation they had when they were most successful.

The second unit moved it around well but the setup was awful. Not one player was ever on their offside and thus there was no one timer or quick shot play so all the puck movement amounted to nothing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad