Powerplay combinations

avgard

Jan 8, 2017
takening buffelin OFF all pp´s and givin laine a total icetimes at pp´s. maybe at 2nd pp units givin laine different Place or kind off freeROLE. time to let laine MONSTER out wildly this season. givin him all icetimes he needs to brake over certain amount of pointmarks. time , high time to make him for number one at Point scorers Trophy League. team win or not, time to let the SUPERSUPERSTAR MONSTER TOTALLY OUT. thanks

Sir avgard hockeyprofessor

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
The second unit moved it around well but the setup was awful. Not one player was ever on their offside and thus there was no one timer or quick shot play so all the puck movement amounted to nothing.
My point was if the 1st unit got back to moving around (not just the puck), like 2nd unit was late in the year, they would be much more effective.

Besides, I know it's fashionble these days for PP's to focus on the off wing, but it's not an exclusive strategy.

Reactions: ecolad

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
takening buffelin OFF all pp´s and givin laine a total icetimes at pp´s. maybe at 2nd pp units givin laine different Place or kind off freeROLE. time to let laine MONSTER out wildly this season. givin him all icetimes he needs to brake over certain amount of pointmarks. time , high time to make him for number one at Point scorers Trophy League. team win or not, time to let the SUPERSUPERSTAR MONSTER TOTALLY OUT. thanks

I don't think Laine MONSTER is ready to be released from the castle. Dr Rautalastein still has a few body parts left to sew on. ;)

Reactions: Ippenator

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
What I want

PP1: Ehlers/Connor Scheifele Wheeler
Laine Morrissey

PP2: Ehlers/Connor Little Roslo Perreault Buff

What I expect:
Connor, Scheif, Wheels
Laine Buff

Perreault Little Ehlers
Morrissey Myers

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008

Sure man!

Let's play Laine on all 4 lines, both pp's, even the pk. All 60mins, lets let him take all penalty shots if it comes to that aswell.

scarbrow21

Feb 15, 2017
Winnipeg
I'd personally like to see Buff and Laine separated from the same PP. Spread the scoring out and get buff taking shots instead of feeding Laine. I understand the concept of having the D have to respect both Buff and Laines shot but stacking one PP unit doesn't make sense.

That said I'd run:

Ehlers-Scheif-Wheeler
Laine-Morrisey

Reason for this combination is Ehlers is elite at zone entries. That needs to be on your #1PP. Morrisey can still shoot it and being a lefty him and Laine can 1 time eachothers passes.

Connor-Roslovic-Vesalainen
Trouba-Buff

Reason for this combination (besides the stated above piece about separating Buff and Laine) is that Connor and Roslovic had great PP chemistry on the Moose. Allows Buff to be the true PP QB on the back end, Vesalainen is a pretty good shooter and can play the wall well using his size (resembles Wheeler to me sometimes) but can also hold the puck very well and make good passes. Trouba getting some PP time after getting his new contract is a reward as well and makes smart plays. Though him and Buff can't 1-time passes back and forth, they can switch sides easily and play a cycle game going down low or bombing it in and letting the fwds go for rebounds.

Only caveat to this is that if Vesalainen doesn't make the team I guess you insert Little or Perrault on to PP2 but I really would like to see Vesalainen given a shot as he's got top 6 talent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad