Power Rankings- TML 26th

I Believe

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto
I gotta disagree with a lot of those rankings, especially Washington.....but the Leafs ranking seems accurate. Can't put us a whole lot higher then that when we haven't made that many changes.

Watch us not make any moves but pull a Phoenix this year :laugh:

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
How are the Avs down there that far? Doesn't make sense to me when they are only going to start getting better, young core.

Duchene had a step-back year statistically, and there are injury concerns aswell. Parenteau will be very good in that top6 though along with Landeskog. I get the feeling they're still waiting for Varly to take the reigns and run with it.

I really hope Nonis decides to stay pat, get a high draft pick this year, and make some moves through free agency in the summer with the large amount of cap space. There are alot of big time talents.

SayWhatAgain

Jul 14, 2011
Really hope we can get another top 5 pick this year, then next year we can really start moving forward.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I would be happy with the 5th Overall pick this year :) #Monahan #Lindholm

MrLegend28*

the LA kings, who won it all and I dont think lost much talent... are 10th.. yep, time to not pay attention to this guy anymore.

edit: lmao Nashville who lost Suter, are better than the Stanley Cup Kings.. what a terrible list.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
I don't see the reason in how getting a top 5 pick this year will mean we're be better for the years to come. It would mean that we're a lousy team again and for the future.

Because the Leafs will have a very good chance to draft their future number one centreman. Sure there is a chance even a top 5 pick busts, but I the odds are slim.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

This Week26Last Week26Toronto Maple Leafs35-37-10
Not much going on in Leafland, save for the decision to fire GM Brian Burke, leaving Dave Nonis to pick up the pieces. The Leafs have some talent, but without proven goaltending or a bona fide No. 1 centre, their ceiling is assuredly limited.
Key Injuries: D Jake Gardiner (concussion).

So are they saying the Leafs have not improved.

No progress, no building from within, no new help onboard, another lottery finish?

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
Here's my prediction:
Power Rankings by indigobuffalo (weighted for age):
# 1 STL
# 2 CHI
# 3 NYR
# 4 NSH
# 5 PIT
# 6 BOS
# 7 PHI
# 8 LAK
# 9 BUF
#10 VAN
#11 OTT
#12 DAL
#13 DET
#14 CAR
#15 SJS
#16 EDM
#17 MIN
#18 MTL
#19 WAS
#20 NJD
#21 COL
#22 TOR
#23 CGY
#24 WPG
#25 ANA
#26 CBJ
#27 NYI
#28 PHX
#29 TBL
#30 FLA

(Calculations done based on TSN Power Rankings, with youngest NHL teams getting + and oldest getting - based on a scale of +5 to five youngest, +4 to four youngest, ... and -5 to five oldest.)

Kamal007

FEEL LIKE PABLO
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto
I would not be opposed to another top 5 pick, getting one of Lindholm, Barkov, Mackinnon, Jones, Barkov or Monahan would go a long way for this organization. It wouldn't would be totally unbearable either, in a 48 game season.

Christ

Mar 10, 2004
Canada
Carey Price + healthy Markov + off season last year..

Is that even possible? I mean every time I hear someone talking about why the Habs will be a contender "Healthy Markov" is always the arguement and I this guy just never stays healthy. Over the past three seasons he has a grand total of 65 regular season games to his credit.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
they have Galchenyuk, we have Bozak. Fairly simple. They have Price, we have Reimer. Also, fairly simple.

Montreal are not going to keep Galchenyuk with the club. He missed most of last season rehabbing an ACL tear. The Habs are not in any rush to improve. They're in a 3-year re-tool. Risking the development of aruguably their best asset in a year they plan on tanking anyways seems foolish.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Aside from Goalie meh I can argue that. If price is on...they are on if they aren't they are crappy.

Andrei Markov a top pairing Dman played 13 games last year, adding a healthy #1 Dman makes a difference.

Captain Gionta a regular 25-30 goal scorer played only 31 games (8-7-15 points) due to injury.

Max Pac (33 goals) + Eric Cole (35 goals) >> Phil Kessel (37 goals) 2 X 30 goal scorers verses 1 and if Lupul does it its a break even at best.

Price verses Reimer is not a fair match.
- Montreal -14 goal differential verses Toronto -33.
- Montreal 226 goals against 5th best in the NHL verses Toronto 264 ga 29th worst overall.
- Montreal PK% #2 overall in NHL verses Toronto #28th overall

Alexander Galchenyuk verses Morgan Rielly

Montreal playoffs 5 of past 6 seasons verses Toronto 0 of last 6.

Montreal new GM and Coach = Toronto new GM & Coach.

These two teams are not close in comparison.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Andrei Markov a top pairing Dman played 13 games last year, adding a healthy #1 Dman makes a difference.

Captain Gionta a regular 25-30 goal scorer played only 31 games (8-7-15 points) due to injury.

Max Pac (33 goals) + Eric Cole (35 goals) >> Phil Kessel (37 goals) 2 X 30 goal scorers verses 1 and if Lupul does it its a break even at best.

Price verses Reimer is not a fair match.
- Montreal -14 goal differential verses Toronto -33.
- Montreal 226 goals against 5th best in the NHL verses Toronto 264 ga 29th worst overall.
- Montreal PK% #2 overall in NHL verses Toronto #28th overall

Alexander Galchenyuk verses Morgan Rielly

Montreal playoffs 5 of past 6 seasons verses Toronto 0 of last 6.

Montreal new GM and Coach = Toronto new GM & Coach.

These two teams are not close in comparison.

Unless you're comparing points in the standings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad