Power Packs

oilfan09

Jan 11, 2010
Pretty sure you can find tickets on the ticketexchange thread......It's usually pretty cheap if you trust strangers

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I almost had 2 tickets for package 4 but there were 3 seats together and the website wouldn't let me leave a single seat. looks like i'll be going to stub hub for the last game at Rexall.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
From what i've seen the popular packs are down to singles and standing room. I didn't check any of the 5+ game packs. Maybe they release more seats tomorrow?

Which specific packs are the popular ones? Are you including all of the 4 packs?

binderjinder

Sep 22, 2010
If anyone is interested in power pack 9 or 10, i can do those up for you and charge less that what the oilers were charging from my season seats. I can also do pack 6 for a little less aswell. My seats are side by side in section 208, row 32. PM me if interested.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Which specific packs are the popular ones? Are you including all of the 4 packs?

As of right now:

Packs 4 and 5- Singles only

Packs 7,8 and 9- Limited left

Packs 2 and 9- Lots available

Packs 1 and 3- A few singles in upper bowl, some doubles in lower bowl.

The Batman

Registered Superhero
Sep 30, 2014
Batcave
Never been to an Oilers game... can someone tell me what's the Gallery seats like?

Really want to pick up Pack 4

Edit: want cheap tickets so thoughts on gallery vs standing room?

Last edited:

Oilception

Oct 11, 2012
St. Albert
Never been to an Oilers game... can someone tell me what's the Gallery seats like?

Really want to pick up Pack 4

Edit: want cheap tickets so thoughts on gallery vs standing room?

Personally I'd rather do gallery, still can see the game great. Standing room is also okay but not as good as sitting

Eirhead*

Personally I'd rather do gallery, still can see the game great. Standing room is also okay but not as good as sitting

As long as it's not opening night or a playoff game, you can usually find an empty pair of seats somewhere to hop in. Quite often if my friends are going to a game, I'll just pickup a last second single off stubhub or whatever then find a way to go sit near my friends. Usually works out pretty good.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Got the exact mini pack I wanted. Still seemed to be quite a few tickets left as well depending on which pack you want. Lots in Packs 9 and 10.

Pricey though.

Last edited:

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Now we wait for the Oiler's to release single game tickets on ticket master. Hopefully I can snag a pair of tickets for the last game at Rexall.

Oilmageddon

Oct 7, 2009
Got 2 tickets to power pack 1 around 10:00am today. Maybe they are releasing more for each time slot?

Here is a tip for when there are 3 seats together and you only want 2:
Select the two seats you want. When you click add to cart you should get a message that you can't leave a single. Get a buddy to select the single seat or wait until someone else does then click add to cart and it should let you. This worked for me today!

oilers1988

Jan 12, 2013
Got 2 tickets to power pack 1 around 10:00am today. Maybe they are releasing more for each time slot?

Here is a tip for when there are 3 seats together and you only want 2:
Select the two seats you want. When you click add to cart you should get a message that you can't leave a single. Get a buddy to select the single seat or wait until someone else does then click add to cart and it should let you. This worked for me today!

Expanding on your tip. You can do it yourself. Add one ticket of the 3 to your basket. Then continue shopping and add the pair you want to your cart, remove the one ticket and voila, a pair!

Eirhead*

Expanding on your tip. You can do it yourself. Add one ticket of the 3 to your basket. Then continue shopping and add the pair you want to your cart, remove the one ticket and voila, a pair!

Aha! Nice tricks guys, will take a mental note of this for the future.

The Batman

Registered Superhero
Sep 30, 2014
Batcave
Edit: wth? I purchased colonnade tickets only because standing room and gallery seats were apparently sold out... but now a BUNCH of seats are available 2 hours later... Ah well, at least I can sit now, but the system is pissing me off

Thanks for the advice

Last edited:

The Batman

Registered Superhero
Sep 30, 2014
Batcave
What I don't get is why the system was misrepresenting the seats that were available.

At my 2pm window it showed no standing room & gallery seats for Power Pack 4. So I purchased the next cheapest seats in the colonnades.

On a whim I decided to check out Power Pack 4 again and whaddayaknow at least a dozen seats are available in standing room. This was 2-3 hours AFTER I purchased my tix.

I don't mind standing but now I paid almost an additional $200 because of the idiot system.

There is a no refund policy so I don't get why empty seats would appear after so much time had passed.

:rant:

Am I missing something here? It's the first time I purchased tickets to Oilers games

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
What I don't get is why the system was misrepresenting the seats that were available.

At my 2pm window it showed no standing room & gallery seats for Power Pack 4. So I purchased the next cheapest seats in the colonnades.

On a whim I decided to check out Power Pack 4 again and whaddayaknow at least a dozen seats are available in standing room. This was 2-3 hours AFTER I purchased my tix.

I don't mind standing but now I paid almost an additional $200 because of the idiot system.

There is a no refund policy so I don't get why empty seats would appear after so much time had passed.

Am I missing something here? It's the first time I purchased tickets to Oilers games

They probably withheld tickets for the other ticket buying slots so people had a chance. Otherwise there would be no point for anyone in the last slot to buy anything. They would all be gone.

oilers1988

Jan 12, 2013

Best guess on this having worked at Northlands for many years and dealing with similar situations, if the tickets were in someone else's cart, then they would not be visible as available. Tickets were probably not held for later times, hence the need for the draw.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
By the time I got a chance to buy all the packs I wanted were sold out. Guess I'll wait til they come available to the public and try that way.

The Batman

Registered Superhero
Sep 30, 2014
Batcave
Best guess on this having worked at Northlands for many years and dealing with similar situations, if the tickets were in someone else's cart, then they would not be visible as available. Tickets were probably not held for later times, hence the need for the draw.

I'm well aware of this.

After I had added tickets to my basket and before I paid payment, I went back to hunt for more tickets and was able to confirm this.

In addition, I also let the 10 minute timer expire and noticed my seats were up for grabs just a few minutes later.

All of which doesn't explain why at least a DOZEN standing room tix became available HOURS later.

They probably withheld tickets for the other ticket buying slots so people had a chance. Otherwise there would be no point for anyone in the last slot to buy anything. They would all be gone.

It's a priority draw.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad