POTW - Domi vs. Sharipzyanov

may know

Apr 19, 2002
Visit site
Sharipzyanov goal is pretty common though the way he split the defense was good.

Domi's goal featured crazy hand-eye coordination at full speed. It was a special goal.

DrJenniferHanson

Cursed By A Gypsy
Aug 31, 2011
43° N lat 81° W long
Domi's goal required an insane amount of luck for anyone to pull that off. But I guess that's what makes it fun.

Sharipzyanov's goal wasn't luck, but I guess the strike against it could be that the goalie let in a soft shot.

battfan888

Podcaster
Feb 29, 2012
Sleeman Centre
I think its no secret that I am not a big Knights or Domi fan though I can admit that he is a special player. I can also admit it was a nice goal but honestly I dont think its worth the hype its been getting and comments like goal of the year. The Sarnia goalie came flying out of the net and Domi flipped the puck over him. Yeah Domi managed to nick the puck again before it went in but that puck was going in either way.

I'm sure I will get beat up over this but while it was different and a certainly noteworthy goal it doesnt need to be the highlight of the night all week and a viral video..... just my opinion.

may know

Apr 19, 2002
Visit site
If you look at the video, you can see Domi anticipate what he's going to do as he turns the blade to flip the puck over a sprawling Dupuis. To me that's the most impressive part of the goal. Being able to flip the puck over Dupuis as he comes flying out.
Is it the best goal of all time in the OHL? No.
But for the 2014-15 season, on an individual basis, it's the goal of the year in the OHL. My only other candidate might have been Tolchinsky versus Guelph.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEtiLoKzuMU#t=78

Though it's not as nice as his goal from last year versus Sarnia.

In the end though, the debate was between Domi's and Sharipzyanov's goals. Domi's wins.

I think its no secret that I am not a big Knights or Domi fan though I can admit that he is a special player. I can also admit it was a nice goal but honestly I dont think its worth the hype its been getting and comments like goal of the year. The Sarnia goalie came flying out of the net and Domi flipped the puck over him. Yeah Domi managed to nick the puck again before it went in but that puck was going in either way.

I'm sure I will get beat up over this but while it was different and a certainly noteworthy goal it doesnt need to be the highlight of the night all week and a viral video..... just my opinion.
For what its worth..the video doesn't do Domi's goal justice. Seeing it live and in game speed showed how amazing it was. One of the nicest I've seen in quite some time. The chain of events leading up to the goal add more to it. Dupuis had beaten Domi to a stray puck twice prior to this goal.

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
Good points and good banter. What a forum is for.

I felt a lot of people put a great deal on the last hit of the puck out of the air at the goal but it was going in anyway.

I didn't really think of the skill on the front end of the play which in hindsight and given the other comments make it special.

Still seeing our Import D go coast to coast and put in a goal while falling done was special. Him being a D man not known as a rushing D man making it more impressive.

That Tolchinsky goal was a beaut.

bidzey*

they were both fun to watch. I have to say I was more entertained by Domi's goal. Sharpy's goal was a beautiful thing coming from a D, but Domi's play is something unique that is a lot more rare episode than Sharpy's goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad