Not open for further replies.

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
Trade Luke Schenn, 1st Round pick, Levavalier,
to Florida (1st overall) Ekblad

sign Stastny.
sign Rasmussen.
sign Emery for really cheap. if possible.
Trade B. Schenn and 2015 4th for Tyler Myers

Coburn Myers
Ghost Macdonald
Ekblad Streit
Alt

Read Giroux Simmonds
Akeson Stastny Voracek
Hartnell Couturier Raffl
Rasmussen Laughton Leier
Rinaldo Hall

:P hahah im just having fun

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013

sign Stastny.
sign Rasmussen.

Coburn Myers
Ghost Macdonald
Ekblad Streit
Alt

Read Giroux Simmonds
Akeson Stastny Voracek
Hartnell Couturier Raffl
Rasmussen Laughton Leier
Rinaldo Hall

I wish

RJ8812*

sign Stastny.
sign Rasmussen.

Coburn Myers
Ghost Macdonald
Ekblad Streit
Alt

Read Giroux Simmonds
Akeson Stastny Voracek
Hartnell Couturier Raffl
Rasmussen Laughton Leier
Rinaldo Hall

does this fun involve smoking a kilo of weed?

flyguy

Sean Cubeturier
Dec 28, 2004
Anchorage, Alaska
No thanks to Pouliot. He'd likely become invisible again if signed by the Flyers. He's had a good stretch as of late, but is probably one of the most inconsistent players in the league at the moment.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Pouliot has so much talent and skill and is finally putting together a good season. But he is a guy i would stay away from. I think he cashes in big time on this year however.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Do you think someone like Setoguchi could get the Raymond treatment end end up signing ultra cheap when the option are limited? Might be a good bounce back candidate.

Also, looking at the LW depth in this league is depressing. For 2nd line production, you only needed 28 points last year. And that 2nd line production list had such notables as: Roussel, Maroon, Heatley, Cooke, Garbut, Spalding.

Yet we only had Hartnell who could get to this level or higher(Hartnell produced as a 1st liner). If Svhenn was moved to LW and could put up 44 points, he would be a 1st line LW in the league. Pretty sad that there is not more talent there.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
At this point I'd just like to see a Kulemin/Setoguchi type of signing. I'm not entirely sure how heavily guys like that would be pursued, but if they come at a price that I'm thinking, like 2-3 years @ 2-4 million, that could be a decent plug-in for lines 2/3. This is assuming we can move Vinny. If we can't, I don't see anything we can do outside of trades.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I like Kulemin much more than Seto. Kulemin is a great defensive player and has shown potential to pinch in offensively. He scored 30 four years ago and wouldn't expect that but maybe 15-20 on a line with Couts and Read. I think we would be able to get him around 3 million maybe a little cheaper.

Also, everyone is jumping off the Vanek train because of a bad playoff. I still would take him on a line with Giroux any day if he comes in at 6.5. He could really help take Giroux to the next level with his goal scoring and he isn't afraid to head to the front of the net. He actually has great hands in front of the net which could really help Voracek and G.

Vanek-Giroux-Voracek. That is a legit 1st line in the NHL. One of the best.

One more note, if we do intend to trade Vinny at the draft or soon after to Nashville I would try not for Josi(not happening) and go for Ekholm. I was on his train before he came over and the kid is skilled and great defensively. He can skate for a big boy too. Vinny for Ekholm would be something I would love. It will be Del Zotto probably lol, who blows.

Last edited:

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
I like Kulemin much more than Seto. Kulemin is a great defensive player and has shown potential to pinch in offensively. He scored 30 four years ago and wouldn't expect that but maybe 15-20 on a line with Couts and Read. I think we would be able to get him around 3 million maybe a little cheaper.

Also, everyone is jumping off the Vanek train because of a bad playoff. I still would take him on a line with Giroux any day if he comes in at 6.5. He could really help take Giroux to the next level with his goal scoring and he isn't afraid to head to the front of the net. He actually has great hands in front of the net which could really help Voracek and G.

Vanek-Giroux-Voracek. That is a legit 1st line in the NHL. One of the best.

One more note, if we do intend to trade Vinny at the draft or soon after to Nashville I would try not for Josi(not happening) and go for Ekholm. I was on his train before he came over and the kid is skilled and great defensively. He can skate for a big boy too. Vinny for Ekholm would be something I would love. It will be Del Zotto probably lol, who blows.

Signing a veteran to a large contract would be a mistake. It would require a Briere type contract to get Vanek and that will almost assuredly blow up in our faces. Not worth it.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I'm sticking with the thought process that very very very little will be done this offseason.

Maybe move 1-2 contracts, resign B.Schenn, sign a very low end FA for a 5/6 dman or a role player.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Signing a veteran to a large contract would be a mistake. It would require a Briere type contract to get Vanek and that will almost assuredly blow up in our faces. Not worth it.

I understand the risks of Vanek for 5-6 years but I am just interested at what he would look like next to Giroux. He has scored 40 goals twice and also 30 goals twice in his career. I think he could get 35-45 goals on a line and PP time with Giroux. If he doesn't demand the market his agent wants, maybe try and get him at a discounted rate?
Kulemin is a great puck possession player. Definitely a great 2nd/3rd line tweener to have.

Kulemin is much more suited for a third line role, while pitching in some offense. Although Couts line plays the 2nd, even 1st line minutes, he still is put into a shut down role usually of a third line. I think that "third line" would be damn good with possession and also could see some more offense.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Maybe Grossmann to St Louis could be in play as well? They need a guy who can play with Shatty and he fits that bill perfectly. Package him and Vinny together and call it a day lol.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
I understand the risks of Vanek for 5-6 years but I am just interested at what he would look like next to Giroux. He has scored 40 goals twice and also 30 goals twice in his career. I think he could get 35-45 goals on a line and PP time with Giroux. If he doesn't demand the market his agent wants, maybe try and get him at a discounted rate?

Kulemin is much more suited for a third line role, while pitching in some offense. Although Couts line plays the 2nd, even 1st line minutes, he still is put into a shut down role usually of a third line. I think that "third line" would be damn good with possession and also could see some more offense.

No doubt that on a lower risk contract Vanek would be an amazing fit. I just don't think it's worth discussing because the contract he is going to get seems pretty obvious, and at that it would be a mistake.

Kulemin sounds like it would be a really smart move for this team's current needs without handicapping the club moving forward. I hope to see Hextall make a similar move to this.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Voracek's not a legit first liner & Josi's a legit first pairing defensemen so the trade boards tell me. Yup whoever claimed that Josi was one of the newest overrated young player in league on here just gained some more ammo. :laugh:

Phillyfan28

Jun 3, 2013
Voracek's not a legit first liner & Josi's a legit first pairing defensemen so the trade boards tell me. Yup whoever claimed that Josi was one of the newest overrated young player in league on here just gained some more ammo. :laugh:

Someone noted how he was top 10 scoring RW past 2 years to bolster the arguement he is a top line RW, a top 10 RW moreso... And the guy responded with i agree.... Hes a fringe first liner...

Honestly if i never saw a trade proposal involving us and toronto, edmonton, or nashville again, id be ok.

Dump them vinny and call it a day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad