Rumor: Potential numbers for our new players

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
So I take this to mean that Reinhart is pretty much a slam dunk to be on the starting roster at the beginning of next year? They don't give out single digit numbers to guys that have any chance of starting the year on the farm.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Sekera - history with 4, 44, , and 7. I predict he goes with 44, and PRAY TO GOD he breaks the curse of 44. If he does summon blasts from the past, please let it be of the Janne Niinimaa variety

Imagine if...

Sekera marries a girl named Sakura (Sakura Sekera/Nina Ninimaa), gets a reporter pregnant, and then breaks his hand fighting Jarome Iginla, then calls out Management for not talking to him in the hospital, all while saving Hogwarts from the evil Voldemort?

:D

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
Never liked the number 77. Not a great track record of Oilers with that number. Hope Klefbom is the exception.

Love the low numbers for defencemen.

gqmixmaster

Jun 1, 2006
#69 has an obvious connotation, it also reminds me of a beer league goon who sucks at hockey or the enforcer in EA NHL who might as well not have a stick when they play lol

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
Welcome back Petry and Gilbert!

Yah I'm not a big fan of 84. But I could see him picking something random, maybe 6. Barons players had to have a number under 40 so that may have been a factor. And he wore 7 in Sweden.

Edit, he wore #6 at the WJC and 84 at the WC.

77 seems pretty random to me, although I guess it was the best alternative to 7 or 17.

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything
I like 77, but for some reason I'm not sure I like it for Klefbom...just seems strange to me. I would've preferred he went with 6 or 8. Not that it matters. It's his number, obviously he can chose whatever he wants.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad