Speculation: Potential Habs Trophy Candidates

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Don't know why it's so important, but do you really think Price's numbers are currently good enough for a nomination?

1st in wins, 3rd in SO, 17th gp... 11-3-3... His numbers are twisted because of the odd pens/Leafs games... He would be top 4 in all his numbers if not for those games.

AND FOR THE DAMN ''BLOW CAREY'S SO'' CONSPIRACY.

Not important really, I know he's the second best goalie in this league(and its debatable for best.)

If he keep performing like he have been in his last 5 games, I would be surprised to even see him get a nomination

Malpj strikes again

Maelpj*

1st in wins, 3rd in SO, 17th gp... 11-3-3... His numbers are twisted because of the odd pens/Leafs games... He would be top 4 in all his numbers if not for those games.

AND FOR THE DAMN ''BLOW CAREY'S SO'' CONSPIRACY.

Not important really, I know he's the second best goalie in this league(and its debatable for best.)

Malpj strikes again

What ever make you feel accomplished.

I would be REALLY happy that price win the vezina too. It would means that he would have raised his game significantly for the second half of the season, which would then mean that the Habs would be a dangerous team in playoff.

To go far in playoff, you need a goaler in fire who steal you at least 1 game every round. Price right now=poor chance of winning the cup. Price on fire=good chance of winning the cup.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
What ever make you feel accomplished.

I would be REALLY happy that price win the vezina too. It would means that he would have raised his game significantly for the second half of the season, which would then mean that the Habs would be a dangerous team in playoff.

To go far in playoff, you need a goaler in fire who steal you at least 1 game every round. Price right now=poor chance of winning the cup. Price on fire=good chance of winning the cup.

You realize if Price is on fire that means 0 goals accorded ?:laugh:

When he's ''bad'' (your standards, not mine.) he allows 2 goals...

Imagine.

Maelpj*

You realize if Price is on fire that means 0 goals accorded ?:laugh:

When he's ''bad'' (your standards, not mine.) he allows 2 goals...

Imagine.

In the last 5 games:

125 shots against
14 goals against
0,888%

weak goals have been allowed against Toronto, Pit, NYI, Ottawa and as always, he looked bad on shootout.

OK. Who give a damn anyway.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
In the last 5 games:

125 shots against
14 goals against
0,888%

weak goals have been allowed against Toronto, Pit, NYI, Ottawa and as always, he looked bad on shootout.

OK. Who give a damn anyway.

Life is not all about statistical matters. There's also some reality you need to check in. Price is our best player and he's the best you can get or damn close. This is indisputable and I just don't know why you would just cant admit we have a great asset ?

Negativity bias is the psychological phenomenon by which humans pay more attention to and give more weight to negative rather than positive experiences or other kinds of information.

You need to really get your head in check and stop being so negatively biased.

samsquanch9*

Life is not all about statistical matters. There's also some reality you need to check in. Price is our best player and he's the best you can get or damn close. This is indisputable and I just don't know why you would just cant admit we have a great asset ?

Negativity bias is the psychological phenomenon by which humans pay more attention to and give more weight to negative rather than positive experiences or other kinds of information.

You need to really get your head in check and stop being so negatively biased.

I love Price and think he's been been great this season, but he was correct in saying that if Price continues to play like he has in his last 5 games, he won't get a nomination. However, I expect him to play great for the rest of the season and at least get nominated for the Vezina.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
The more I think about it, the more im convinced Gallagher can get the Calder. He's hot right now, but his linemates are even hotter right now, and given we're half way through the season, its less likely they cool off completely. Hopefully he can keep it up.

bdawg1989*

Yea, gotta agree with the others here. Atm theres easily 5/6 goalies outplaying Price.

holyhabs

Jun 9, 2007
Gallgher for Calder and Therrien for Jack Adams are the only legit candidates.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Yea, gotta agree with the others here. Atm theres easily 5/6 goalies outplaying Price.
Rask
Emery
Crawford
Niemi
Anderson
Lehtonen

Those guys are all ahead of Price, at this point, I think.

Then you have Backstrom, Lundqvist, Fasth, and Reimer around the same level right now.

It's so early in the season still this could change easily.

Whoever said if you take out the Toronto game and Penguins game, he'd be #1.. if you took out the worst games of all the goalies above, there stats would look better too. :facepalm:

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Either Emery or Harding would be my pick for the Masterson.

If the Habs finish 1st in the East, Therrien not only is nominated but he wins it as well. From last to first? I think so. Gallagher will have to go on some sort of point streak from here on out to win the Calder. He could be a potential nominee though.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00