Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Legit contenders
Calder:Gallagher
GM of the Year: Bergevin
Jack Adams: Therrien
Masterton: Markov

Potentially Contenders
Vezina: Price (needs to be lights out from now on)
Calder: Galchenyuk (He's slowed down, but still has time to make up for it)

Outside Shot
Norris: Subban (His numbers are good, TOI going up, would really need to catch fire though)
Selke: Plekanec (Its very reuptation based, but I'd love for him to at least get nominated)

Any others I'm missing?

Last edited:

simplysincere*

If the season ended today. The only legit candidates for an award would be Therrien, and Bergevin.

But, really, threads like these are pointless, especially when their made at the middle of the season. No one can predict what kind of second half the Habs will have.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
If the season ended today. The only legit candidates for an award would be Therrien, and Bergevin.

But, really, threads like these are pointless, especially when their made at the middle of the season. No one can predict what kind of second half the Habs will have.

I don't there is any harm in discussing it. Plus, the thread can be bumped later in the year. No one is saying that any of our players are a lock, or are even front runners. I think given the short amount of games left, it is appropriate to begin specualtion at this point. What's the harm?

nofunx.jpg

bdawg1989*

The only 2 who have a chance are:

Gallagher at Calder if and only if he keeps playing like that.

Michel Therrien for Jack Adams.

Price's stats are average at best and he hasnt stole us game (no im not a hater and I would LOOOOOVE for price to be nominated but he wont).

Same thing for Subban. This Norris is Pietro's to lose, imo.

Selke is reputation award, so either Toews, Datsyuk, Bergeron or Backes.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
The only 2 who have a chance are:

Gallagher at Calder if and only if he keeps playing like that.

Michel Therrien for Jack Adams.

Price's stats are average at best and he hasnt stole us game (no im not a hater and I would LOOOOOVE for price to be nominated but he wont).

Same thing for Subban. This Norris is Pietro's to lose, imo.

Selke is reputation award, so either Toews, Datsyuk, Bergeron or Backes.

All good points. The only thing I'll disagree with you on is your exclusion of Bergevin. IMO he is a lock for nomination for that new GM of the Year award. just my .02

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
If Pacioretty continues at this recent pace, I would put him as a long shot contender for Hart.

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
The Hart isn't necessarily given to the player with the most points. I doubt Stamkos will get it on a losing team.

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
Gallagher will need to keep up his play as of late (and thensome) for a chance at the Calder. Normally they'll vote based on statistics but I think anyone in the league can see how much heart he has, and they might give him points for that.

I think Bergevin is too young (i.e. green) to be given the award for best GM. Therrien is doing good, he has a chance, assuming the habs keep a good record the remainder of the season. It's very clear that he's outcoached many other teams this season though, most notably our win vs. the leafs where he made sure we didn't fall into their style of play. He recognizes we're a fast team and we need to play a fast game and draw penalties to win games.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Gallagher will need to keep up his play as of late (and thensome) for a chance at the Calder. Normally they'll vote based on statistics but I think anyone in the league can see how much heart he has, and they might give him points for that.

I think Bergevin is too young (i.e. green) to be given the award for best GM. Therrien is doing good, he has a chance, assuming the habs keep a good record the remainder of the season. It's very clear that he's outcoached many other teams this season though, most notably our win vs. the leafs where he made sure we didn't fall into their style of play. He recognizes we're a fast team and we need to play a fast game and draw penalties to win games.

That's true of Bergevin but at the same time he did turn this team around by hiring Therrien and making some great signings, day and night from last year. What other GMs would be contenders? Also keep in mind I see him being nominated, I don't know if MB would win.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
If Pacioretty continues at this recent pace, I would put him as a long shot contender for Hart.

Yeah, I'd call the cops, the army, the swat, the CIA, the FBI, the nasa, the firefighters, Betty White, the pope, Interpol and the intergalactic police if this happened.

Seriously Price needs the V,

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
If Carey doesnt get nominated for the V I will burn someone. (Looking at you Egg-Head-Daly.)

Yeah, I'd call the cops, the army, the swat, the CIA, the FBI, the nasa, the firefighters, Betty White, the pope, Interpol and the intergalactic police if this happened.

Seriously Price needs the V,

Don't know why it's so important, but do you really think Price's numbers are currently good enough for a nomination?

Maelpj*

If Carey doesnt get nominated for the V I will burn someone. (Looking at you Egg-Head-Daly.)

If he keep performing like he have been in his last 5 games, I would be surprised to even see him get a nomination

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00