U18: Potential Canadian Roster for the U18's

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
Anyone know the status of Sillinger.? I don't see his name on the roster. Would USA Hockey be throwing a few incentives around? If I'm not mistaken this U18 would lock him in as a Canadian player going forward

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017

Lines for today's pre-tourney game vs Finland:

EzwPtwqVcAIF4Dv

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
First time ever with 2 exceptional players at the tournament I assume? Or did Ekblad play with McDavid?

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
First time ever with 2 exceptional players at the tournament I assume? Or did Ekblad play with McDavid?

2014 U20 tournament Malmo, Sweden.

I would imagine they would have played in a Hlinka tournament as well.

actually looked it up and McDavid never played a Hlinka tournament. His only u18 experience was the IIHF tournament which he shredded, so Hockey Canada decided after that tournament, for the sake of competitive balance, to show some sympathy and compassion to our opponents immediately graduated him up to U20. We're good like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: peconcan

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Stillman, Othmann, and Pinelli had physical games. Dished out huge hits, Othmann opened up the penalty box door with a hit. I can see why McTavish got a letter, he plays intense, blocks shots and pesky with size.

The D is stronger than the forwards IMO, Del Mastro had the 1st goal and it was a snipe from the blueline. You can tell Canada will be a physical team that wants to use their size, they need better teams in their group so they don't have to hold back if they get huge leads.

The skill guys like Bedard, Wright, Guenther did their thing. All got points I believe. The top line is pretty dominant you can tell. Left wing is pretty weak which doesn't help Bedard/Stankoven who are RS.

Last edited:

Ryan Van Horne

aka Scribe
Dec 1, 2005
Halifax
Savoie holds an import spot on Dubuque and can’t be replaced at this late date. Sillinger is a dual citizen and is not taking an import spot on the Sioux Falls roster.

My guess is the Savoie is being kept in Dubuque for the same reasons Quebec won’t release players for the tournament. Both leagues (QMJHL and USHL) are running real seasons and don’t want to compromise the competitive balance down the stretch.
As far as I can tell, nobody has gone on the record and explained why Savoie was not released/invited to play for this team, but this is the most logical guess that I've read.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
So, a week out and looking forward to seeing what Bedard can do and if talk of bumping him up to the U20 team is justified. just how exceptional is the player w/ exceptional status.

Curious to see how Wright's decision to hunker down (not play in some league somewhere) for a full year has impacted his development.

And looking forward to seeing Brandt Clarke.

Team should compete for a medal. but who knows....tough to predict.
Well... What do you think?

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Canada is on top of the hockey world.

Bring these kids to the World Championship! Take the party to Riga, Latvia

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad