Post your own summer 2015 Flyers prospect rankings

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
provorov/Sanheim.

Laughton- Good size, great skating , two way defender with 2c potential. People are really selling him short imo.

Morin- Still has the biggest upside of any prospect in the organization
Ghost
Stolarz- Still think he is much better than most on this board. Before his injury in london...dominate. Before his injury with the phantoms....dominate.
hagg
Konecny
NAK
Linblom
Friedman
Leier
Marti

after that i really have no opinion.

The two guys im very high on that others don't seem to be as high on are laughton and stolarz.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
provorov/Sanheim.

Laughton- Good size, great skating , two way defender with 2c potential. People are really selling him short imo.

Ghost
Stolarz- Still think he is much better than most on this board. Before his injury in london...dominate. Before his injury with the phantoms....dominate.
hagg
Konecny
NAK
Linblom
Friedman
Leier
Marti

The two guys im very high on that others don't seem to be as high on are laughton and stolarz.

I wouldn't say he has "good size." He's listed as 6'1. He's probably 6'0 even. That's okay but I wouldn't list it as an advantage to his game, especially for a defensive-minded center. Now Couturier, he has "good size."

I do think people are selling him short though. This year is gonna be his coming out party.

canada14

Feb 13, 2015
first time seeing sanheim in a game tonight in the Canada Russia exhibition. He looks awesome, very smooth skater with surprisingly soft hands. Made an awesome 2 zone breakout pass to marner to set up Hicketts goal. Very excited to see him in the NHL.

I'm still very high on Laughton, think hes going to surprise a lot of people this season

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
first time seeing sanheim in a game tonight in the Canada Russia exhibition. He looks awesome, very smooth skater with surprisingly soft hands. Made an awesome 2 zone breakout pass to marner to set up Hicketts goal. Very excited to see him in the NHL.

I'm still very high on Laughton, think hes going to surprise a lot of people this season

If you think he looks awesome tonight, you are in for a surprise this season. :nod:

jd2210

Registered Non User
Jul 24, 2009
Great White North
I love the thread- great info here crew.

I’m going to take a bit of a different approach just for fun and because it is August. I tend to think of our guys in groups, as opposed to 1 through 20. It is hard to say that an 18 year old goalie that played in a crappy junior league is a better prospect than a d who play in Switzerland, or a forward who played in the AHL.

I group my guys in 5 tiers and I’m not touching goalies with a 10 foot pole.

Tier 1- These are the guys that would need to stop progresseing or even regress to not have a decent NHL career. They make this list if I see them as guys who will easily hit the 200 NHL games played plateau while playing somewhat valuable minutes. Typically for us this is a short list (first time I have ever had 7 on it), but not this year. Part of why is because of patience of not rushing prospects anymore, another part is that we are actually keeping our picks and also the recent great drafts have helped as well. I have a pretty good record with this category historically (been wrong 3 times- MAB, Marshall, Ryan Parent- but 2 of those were due to injury)

I won’t go into details with these guys because they have been talked about enough.
Provorov, Sanheim, Morin, Ghost, Laughton, Koneckny, Hagg

Tier 2- These are the sort of the “somewhat likely†group. I feel they have the next best chance at making it. They aren’t locks, but they are a reach either.

NAK- His junior arc has him trending to be a middle 6 forwards and he seems to have to have the tools to do so.
Lindblom- our only real power forward guy in the system and can already handle himself against men in a good league
Cousins- Last year was a good step and he is as close as any forward to being NHL ready albeit in a bottom 6 role most likely.
Leier- He seems to have fallen in most peoples eyes, but for most guys their first year of pro is rough. I still see him as a decent bottom 6 guy in 3 or so years.

Tier 3- These are the guys that we just don’t quite know enough about yet, but boy are there things to be excited about. They all need something to make it, but have high ceilings if they can persevere
Friedman- Everything that I read about him I like. Held his own as a freshman. “Better than Ghost away from the puck,†sure sounds nice to me. I’m planning on trying to watch a few of his games this year if I can get some decent streams, but we may have struck gold with this guy
Martel- He might be Tyler Johnson and he might be Mike Maneluk. I thought he fit right in very quickly last year (saw all of his Phantom games that had streams)
Kase- Tiny but skilled. Super fast and small has a place now but will he have the strength to keep the puck? We need a few years to see what he can do.
Vorobov- Should have been a much higher pick (as was Kase), but the Russian factor scares me. I think he will be good enough for the NHL at some point in his career but whether or not he pursues it is a real concern for me.

Tier 4- Of the guys left, this is the group that I think has the best chance to play in the NHL. I don’t want to call them tweeners, but it might describe them the best. Often I have guys in this group with a much better chance of making it than the group above, but their ceilings are low.

Ghoul- He does play a 4th line style of game and seems to be staying out of the box. He is also totally ripped
Alt- tweener Dman in my eyes
Marti- I think this was a good signing actually, but I can’t see him being a mainstay if he does make it. Kukkonen 2.0
Willcox- I seem to be his lone cheerleader on here but I see him in a 6th to 7th slot a year or two after he graduates. He is very smart, just don’t give him any drills where he needs to step on a puck.
Fazleev- I would really like to have put him with my tier 2 guys but he just isn’t there yet. They say he is the ultimate student of the game, can play all 3 forward postions and is very defensively responsible. For whatever reason I really find myself cheering for him. When I watch the Hitmen (only maybe 4 games or so last year) I like what I see from a hockey smarts perspective

Tier 5- This is the “I highly doubt it†group and the “waaaaay to early to judge†group

VV- Shown zero interest in coming over
Straka- I don’t buy what others on here sell about him. He might be in the tweener group I guess but I just don’t see where he has the desire to be an NHL player. He has the skill though.
Petterson- Bulldog, but I think he will stay in the A, and be a good AHL player until he decides to go back to Europe.
Parks- If they haven’t given him a contract by now he isn’t getting one. I have liked him every single time that watched him, and I have seen him plenty (CR, college and camps), but Hakstol knows him extremely well and must not believe in him.
Mathers- please
Marody- too early to write him off or pump him up for me. He hasn’t had as much “exposure†as guys like Kase so I know little about him
Bardreau- career minor leaguer
Amorosa- prep schooler with lots of years to decide but I don’t see where his skill set has developed into an NHL prospect.
Dove-McFalls- too early to tell. I’d like to see him get some decent minutes this year and some added responsibility like hat happened with Leier a few years back.
Lukko- nope
Alderson- Testwuide

The Coatesy Curse*

provorov/Sanheim.

Ghost
hagg
Konecny
NAK
Linblom
Friedman
Leier
Marti

I also like stolarz but his durability has to be a concern at this point. Not to mention how unpredictable goalies are to begin with. Sure he was dominate at other levels before this, but will his dominants continue at the NHL level? He's big and athletic, but that may not cut it in the NHL. Hopefully he stays injury free this year because the phantoms will have a new leash on life with all this talent joining the roster

bishop12

Ovyously
Dec 1, 2006
Im not a Flyers fan but always reading aroud the boards seeing what other fan bases like.

I am surprised that not everyone has Provorov 1st on thier list. Call me naive I guess. I don't know too much about Sanheim, but I just soaked in some of his highlights there. And I know some about Provorav who looks like a Doughty out there.

Sanheim looks gangly and a lot of those goals et were awful junior breakdowns that will never exist at the NHL level.

Like I said, I know nothing, but when I hear scouts say Provorov is the best dman in this stacked draft class nad yhou see him wheeling like Doughty out there in a man's body...shocking to see his isn't #1 on basically everyone's list.

I gotta read up on this Sanheim kkid some more.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
I'd go

1. Sanheim
2. Provorov

i rank them this way because, while i feel that Provorov has the higher floor and the better chance to hit his potential of being a top 2 defenseman, i feel that Sanheim has the higher ceiling at this moment. Considering neither are in the NHL yet, i'd rank Sanheim #1 based on potential alone.

3. Morin
4. Konecny
5. Gostisbehere
6. Laughton
7. Aube-Kubel
8. Hagg
9. Lindblom
10. Friedman

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Blues fan just passing through for a quick second. Had a couple of questions about a certain prospect of the Flyers.

Michael Parks-Is he even still a prospect of you guys? And if so, what do you guys think of him? Does he even stand a chance?

From what I've read, not many have any faith in him, but was still kind of curious what all of your thoughts were.

The reason this is of any interest to me is because I grew up with him, and even played a little with him, but haven't really had a chance to follow much of him after he went to UND.

Good Day Flyers fans

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Blues fan just passing through for a quick second. Had a couple of questions about a certain prospect of the Flyers.

Michael Parks-Is he even still a prospect of you guys? And if so, what do you guys think of him? Does he even stand a chance?

From what I've read, not many have any faith in him, but was still kind of curious what all of your thoughts were.

The reason this is of any interest to me is because I grew up with him, and even played a little with him, but haven't really had a chance to follow much of him after he went to UND.

Good Day Flyers fans

At this point I would say he's not apart of the Flyers organization, whether that was his choice or the Flyers I guess we'll see after August 15th when he'd be able to sign elsewhere.

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
Are people doing Koneckny because The Neck is gonna be a thing? Cause I would like that to be a thing.

jd2210

Registered Non User
Jul 24, 2009
Great White North

Good Day Flyers fans

I liked Parks quite a bit. I've seen him live in CR, at our prospects camps, prospects games (player of the game in one of them), that time he represented the US, and at ND. I was pleased every time that I watched him with his 2 way play. I saw him as a possible bottom 6, most likely 4th line guy. The Flyers must disagree or he would have a contract right now. Our coach certainly knows what he is capable of since he coached him the last 4 years. Personally I think it is a combination of the injuries and a low nhl ceiling that are keeping him from getting a ELC. He hasn't really developed in the last few years as a result of his back. His high water mark for goals is 12 and already hit that number as a freshman.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
I liked Parks quite a bit. I've seen him live in CR, at our prospects camps, prospects games (player of the game in one of them), that time he represented the US, and at ND. I was pleased every time that I watched him with his 2 way play. I saw him as a possible bottom 6, most likely 4th line guy. The Flyers must disagree or he would have a contract right now. Our coach certainly knows what he is capable of since he coached him the last 4 years. Personally I think it is a combination of the injuries and a low nhl ceiling that are keeping him from getting a ELC. He hasn't really developed in the last few years as a result of his back. His high water mark for goals is 12 and already hit that number as a freshman.
Ah, gotcha. Well, I hope he can turn it around with someone and get a chance (whether with you guys or someone else). But as has been said, I'd have to imagine his days with Philly are numbered. Thanks for the info, and good luck this season!

HeadHuntin

Feb 11, 2015
1. Provorov
2. Sanheim
3. Gostisbehere
4. Konecny
5. Morin
6. Laughton
7. Stolarz
8. Hagg
9. NAK
10. Friedman