OT: Post Your EA NHL 14/NHL 15 Be A GM Roster

ibroce

Jul 11, 2014
I swear someone at EA has a crush on Vermette, it's odd that he of all people has been rendered so accurately for a few years now.
They just carried over all the models from previous gen. No Coyotes got new faces this year. Doan, Vermette, and Boeds have had the same models since '10.

Yandle got his last year, and OEL STILL doesn't have a "custom" face model, which is ridiculous.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
They just carried over all the models from previous gen. No Coyotes got new faces this year. Doan, Vermette, and Boeds have had the same models since '10.

Yandle got his last year, and OEL STILL doesn't have a "custom" face model, which is ridiculous.
Haha yeah, OEL's is actually the worst of them all. He's one of the best, well known Dmen in the entire league and his face model in game is that of a 40 year old man and has been for the last few years.

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
I swear someone at EA has a crush on Vermette, it's odd that he of all people has been rendered so accurately for a few years now.

I have a man crush on Vermette. I don't work at EA though.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Holy **** the AI trading is stupid, even on Hard. Detroit offered Mantha for Moss and Korpi at the deadline. Quickest trade accept you'll ever see.

ibroce

Jul 11, 2014
Holy **** the AI trading is stupid, even on Hard. Detroit offered Mantha for Moss and Korpi at the deadline. Quickest trade accept you'll ever see.

Yeah the Detroit AI is set to "Win Now" mode in early years, they almost always trade Mantha in my GMs...couple years in he is an 85 for me and basically becomes the new Doan after he retires lol. Though obviously potential to become a top 5 forward is nice too xD

Redcoyote

Hungry
Mar 21, 2009
I don't have a PS4 or Xbox 360/one, etc. But I did break out EHM yesterday and downloaded an updated roster set. Any other old timers still around? haha

The roster set I'm using thinks Domi and Perlini are still miles away from the NHL. Lessio is currently a tweener, so I picked up some veteran help and tried to trim some of the fat.

I don't like picking up free agents and trading in the game because it is so easy. Drafting in this game can be a total crapshoot, and that's how I like to build my team. Having said that, I did make some relatively minor changes.

I traded Dave Moss and the rights to Tikhnov, Ahnelov, and Goncharov with a 2nd rnd pick to Edmonton for Mitch Moroz (we now have the whole Oil Kings top line!) and Tyler Pitlick. The computer thinks I overpaid, of course, but they were all guys I wasn't interested in having. I justified this for EDM by the fact the game won't care if those guys want to play in NA or not, and Goncharov still has some potential with the roster set I'm using. I probably owe them a favor, but so far my scouts think Moroz will be a AHL'er. Moss and a 2nd for Pitlick (3rd line upside) and several AHL'ers for another probably isn't too bad in game.

I traded Klinkhammer and Dylan Reese to Boston for Kelly in a pure cap move for Boston. He's currently my third line center allowing me to move Gagner to RW (I'm iffy on whether or not Gagner would make a good winger at this level, to be honest, but the game doesn't care).

I had some second thoughts about trading McMillan to SJS for Raffi Torres, but decided to do it anyway. I really like McMillan in real life, but his overall is the same as Raffi's in the game, and I decided to load up the fourth line with beef.

I lost Mike McKenna to the waiver draft (yes, that's how old the game is, but it's still the best hockey simulator out there).

I signed Ryan Malone (he was still a free agent when the roster set was made) to a one year deal. I signed a bunch of low-/mid-level potential free agents for the farm just to make them competitive.

Lines in the game are:
Erat-Hanzal-Doan
Boedker-Vermette-Gagner
Korpi-Kelly-Torres
Chip-Vitale-Malone/Crombeen
I have Bolduc as a regular scratch and injury replacement b/c I didn't want him taking away ice time from young guys on the farm.

OEL-Stone
Yandle-Z
Summers-Schlemko
(no 7th D at the moment. I'm letting Murphy and Gormley get top pairing time in the A)

We've played 21 games and there are six teams in the West (9th through 14) with 20 pts (including the Coyotes). Anaheim is in 7th with 22 pts. Calgary is at the bottom of the West with 18 pts. Talk about tight!

Good to see a fellow EHMer. I've been playing that since 2003. I play it off and on now but I was playing it just the other day actually.

I edited a game file so that I had two superstars. 1 small swedish center and a power forward. I put a sniper with them. Center pretty steadily scored 150 points and Power forward would lead the league in scoring with about 60 goals. As you said the scouting and as result drafting is pretty far from accurate unless you want to manually go into the player file to check potential, consistency and ceilings. I just have depth players around them. Haven't even looked at their player files.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Yeah, if you manually check the player file, it just defeats half the fun of the game for me. I did that when I first got it just to see what tinkering with the file would do. But so much of the fun is in the randomness and difficulty.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Major screw-up in the game and so far appears to be allowed here as I have see this pic last at least 1 day already.

IMG_41788055875369_zpschqixmty.jpeg

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Near the end of the GM season, couple of injuries, called up Hank and Rieder and put them on the second line with Domi.

First game;

l2wcaf1s.nsi.png

Futures so bright I gotta wear shades.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad