OT: Post Your EA NHL 14/NHL 15 Be A GM Roster

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Okay, so I have my Be A GM set to the most difficult setting...and I still managed to pull off this roster :laugh:

To :bruins
Mike Smith
Brendan Burke
2nd in 2016

To :coyotes
Tuukka Rask
Dougie Hamilton

To :pens
Martin Hanzal
Laurie Korpikoski
Zbynek Michalek
2016 1st
2017 1st

Evgeni Malkin

To :avs
Mark Visentin
David Schlemko
2018 1st
2019 1st
David Moss

Nathan Mackinnon
an injured Matt Duchene

To :hawks
Laurent Dauphin
Sam Gagner
2015 1st
Lucas Lessio

Patrick freaking Kane

To :ducks
Marek Langhamer
2017 3rd
Yan Pavel LaPlante

John Gibson

This one, I cheated a little...a lot. I signed Ilya Kovalchuck as a free agent then immediately flipped him:

To :sens
Ilya Kovalchuck

Erik Karlsson :naughty:
2015 1st

All within 3 days of the start of the career, and low and behold....

Mackinnon - Malkin - P. Kane
Boedker - Duchene - Domi
Erat - Vermette - Doan
McMillan - Vitale - Crombeen
(Klinkhammer, Chipchura)

OEL - Karlsson
Yandle - Dougie Hamilton
Gormley - Murphy
(Summers)

Rask
Dubnyk
Gibson

And I'm working on a deal to grab the 2015 1st overall pick to grab Connor McDavid :laugh:

Just thought it was funny. I will be running for GM in the near future, any and all votes will be appreciated. If anybody has a crazy NHL 14 lineup, post what you've got!

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
God damn I cannot wait for NHL15. I skipped 14, after finally realizing 11,12 and 13 were practically the same game, but this.. this is going to be something.

Demo must only be a couple of weeks away, right?

Wile E Coyotes

Oct 29, 2009
Arizona
Ever since I sold my 360 a few years ago I've been dying to play NHL. I'm so pumped for NHL15 that I went out and bought an xbone. Might find a club to join or start my own. But for sure I'll be spending lots of time on Be A GM.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
God damn I cannot wait for NHL15. I skipped 14, after finally realizing 11,12 and 13 were practically the same game, but this.. this is going to be something.

Demo must only be a couple of weeks away, right?

About two weeks before the release date. If you default to the ea 15 thread there is a bunch of info on the new game this year.

I got an Xbox 1 and this game cannot come fast enough. If you're into the ultimate team, if you get the ultimate edition you get 40$ in ea pucks.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I can't wait for this game. I skipped 14 too since I knew I was gonna sell the PS3 to ease the pain on the cost of a PS4. Boy was that a stupid decision.

I remember one trade I made a few years ago was Gormley for Patrick Kane. I ended up trading Kane because he wasn't working out. After a few players later, I realized it was stupid to get rid of Gormley and restarted my season. :(

KG

Sep 23, 2010
What's the point of trading away practically the whole coyotes roster to form a a dream team that barely resembles the orginal?

At any rate, NHL GM mode is for scrubs, FHM or EHM 2007 all the way.

Tad Mikowski

Hail to the King Baby
Sponsor
May 31, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I'm boring the only thing I did was trade Yandle for Evander Kane and a 1st

Kane - Gagner - Boedker

Domi - Vermette - Doan

Erat - Hanzal - Korpikoski

Crombeen - Vitale - Moss

Chipchura, Klinkhammer

OEL - Michalek

Stone - Gormley

Murphy - Summers

Schlemko

Smith
Dubnyk

I know some players are on different sides but those are my line combos

Found Yandle wasn't producing for me to I traded him for Kane

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Same here, I skipped NHL 14 as well. I bought an Xbox One but wanted to wait for an actual next gen experience and it's sounding like NHL 15 might actually deliver that.

I'd really like to get back into playing in leagues, it's a blast if you're lucky enough to get into a good league with a good commish. The problem is usually people want to create 20-30 team leagues which is almost always a mistake. Hell it's hard enough to have a strong dedicated 10 team league much less double or triple that many teams. Bigger leagues usually just means a lot more flakes!

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
This is the first video game I've purchased in about ten years, and I bought it mostly for the Be a GM mode. I tried to take a relatively conservative approach at first but quickly got sick of how this team was built and went in a totally different direction. I still wanted to build around some actual Coyotes, though, so the additions are mostly supporting cast type of players. I just finished year three, and my Stanley Cup winning lineup was:

Max Domi - Jordan Staal - Mikkel Boedker
Brandon Dubinsky - Mikko Koivu - Charlie Coyle
Lucas Lessio - Martin Hanzal - Shane Doan
Brian Boyle - Brandon MacMillan - Henrik Samuelsson

Oliver Ekman-Larsson - Keith Yandle
Brandon Gormley - Michael Stone
Barrett Jackman - Tom Gilbert

Justin Peters
Mark Visentin

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Is this one of the games you can get into more physically, like with a controller hockey stick? I had a Wii for a bit a few years ago but sold it. I play computer games but I was thinking about checking out the new systems and see if they've improved what Nintendo had going with the golf, baseball and soccer games to name a few. They could be fun especially if you had a few people over and you could end up getting in a decent work out if you were into the game at all.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
EA have pretty much shown something from every team except the Coyotes. Maybe they aren't even in the game :sarcasm:

Quite a few teams have yet to have a photo posted online(from the link I posted anyway) of what the arena looks like inside are:

Coyotes
Sharks
Panthers
Canadiens
Maple Leafs
Sabres
Devils
Capitals
Blue Jackets
Hurricanes
Islanders
Blackhawks
Blues
Predators

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
EA have pretty much shown something from every team except the Coyotes. Maybe they aren't even in the game :sarcasm:

The BOH and main board are using it as evidence of Coyotes relocation.

Just kidding, actually I didn't check but I wouldn't doubt it.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
dcp3rfic.j0s.png

Finally.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Where'd you find that? And I thought this game was going to have authentic player likeness. I don't recognize anybody from this screen shot lol
It was the background image from one of the achievements. There was a larger version of it, and the only player I could make out was OEL, who I think is in the middle at the back. Otherwise, yeah, don't know who the two at the front are supposed to be :laugh:

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
It was the background image from one of the achievements. There was a larger version of it, and the only player I could make out was OEL, who I think is in the middle at the back. Otherwise, yeah, don't know who the two at the front are supposed to be :laugh:

Could you post the link? I'm having trouble finding it. Thanks in advance my man!

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Trying to find the original imagine now. It was much larger.

HERE we go. My mistake, OEL on the far left. Perhaps some horrible attempt at Erat at the front, and Vermette on the right?

ibroce

Jul 11, 2014
Back left helmet number is single digit, looks like either 6 or 4, but Michalek had an authentic face in '14 so my guess is Schlemko. Also Schlemko wears a Reebok bucket. Front center is definitely Erat, number 10 and looks like him. Though they didn't give him the tinted visor. Front right can't be Vermette since he also had an authentic face in '14 that looked really good, and that is the same "default" face that was used for Klinkhammer last year. CCM bucket and gloves match up, and jersey number on sleeve looks like it could be a six, so 36=Klinkhammer. Based on helmet brand, double digit number on helmet, and look of the face I'd say back middle is OEL.

That default face on the right player is one I recognize from last year because they used it on Klinkhammer AND Vrbata and that was really annoying. Figured Coyotes would get no love.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad