Not open for further replies.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Honestly, THAT would be my call.

Rust-Brass-Phil

Then, you have a choice . . . IF Simon is stepping up, Jake-Sid-Simon and HGH. Or, MAYBE try this . . .

Jake-Sid-Horny
Hags-Geno-Sprong
Rust-Brass-Phil

Then again, if ANYTHING is verboten, then it certainly is Sprong getting a period on Geno's wing.

A Hags - Geno - Sprong seems perfect. The closest we could get to the magnificient Malone - Malkin - Sykora line of 08.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
IF you get any left winger that can roll with Brass/Rust the way those 2 looked, then you may have a magical 3rd line. I hope it can be Simon, but he looked more-so like he was just tagging along as opposed to joining those 2.

That might be a target we are buying in season. Dunno how or who. But LW is still a problem here.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
IF you get any left winger that can roll with Brass/Rust the way those 2 looked, then you may have a magical 3rd line. I hope it can be Simon, but he looked more-so like he was just tagging along as opposed to joining those 2.

Are you prepared to roll HMK all year for that magical 3rd line, because Sid sure as **** won't play with Phil if he has his druthers, which he does?

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
You keep dismissing his bad preseason because he wasn't playing with Crosby. You've been saying this all along.

I was dismissing his preseason because he wasn't playing with a legitimate playmaking center.

That doesn't have to be Sid. We have 2 other very good scoring line centers. Given the make-up of the team, I'd actually prefer Sprong play with one of Malkin or Brassard, but any of them would be more than fine.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

This is very interesting to follow for the next couple of days.

I was dismissing his preseason because he wasn't playing with a legitimate playmaking center.

That doesn't have to be Sid. We have 2 other very good scoring line centers.

Fine, change my original comment back to "if Sprong needs a borderline top line scoring center or better to be competent, then he sucks"

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I’m not impressed with Jarry or DeSmith. I think we need to go vet in terms of our back-up. Especially with Murray’s injury history.

Brassard is Brassard. Making those that said we should move him this summer looking like fools.

Riikola is going to be what people actually should be pissed about. If he doesn’t make this healthy roster the coaching staff is truly playing favorites. I’d like to see the staff run him with Letang if Dumo is down for awhile. See what we have in him. That would allow a Dumo - Schultz 2nd Pairing which is HUGE.

Hopefully Sprong’s injury is a temporary thing and doesn’t mess up this year because it likely would be a huge issue for his development.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Dumo's got a concussion and Sprong's going to be Despres'd. Claaaaaaaaassic. :laugh:

At least Despres played really well and was just screwed over by Disco Dumbass wanting to turn him into Brooks Orpik 2.0. Sprong didn't play well and they were just trying to make him a stronger all around player, both offensively and defensively. They're not trying to change his play style entirely, they're trying to have him improve on areas like puck support in the offensive zone and defensive play.

He's not going to make it in the league if he's just a guy who floats around and waits to get set up for 1-timers.

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
I’m not impressed with Jarry or DeSmith. I think we need to go vet in terms of our back-up. Especially with Murray’s injury history.

Brassard is Brassard. Making those that said we should move him this summer looking like fools.

Riikola is going to be what people actually should be pissed about. If he doesn’t make this healthy roster the coaching staff is truly playing favorites.

Hopefully Sprong’s injury is a temporary thing and doesn’t mess up this year because it likely would be a huge issue for his development.

Yeah. Merge Jarry and Desmith together and I think it can work. But. We havent perfected that technology yet.

Backup goaltender is a problem. I just dont know if you can find a good deal on one at this point who is clearly better than those two goofballs.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

Not worried about it AS LONG as it isn't season ending. Even if it's 1-3 months, I do not give a shit. As long as that guy comes back and gets into his groove from January to April, we are good.

What? I thought DeSmith, especially, had a tremendous preseason. Jarry also looked really good until getting lit up tonight. I thought both goalies looked like legit backup NHLers. DeSmith, especially.

Reactions: Peat

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
A Hags - Geno - Sprong seems perfect. The closest we could get to the magnificient Malone - Malkin - Sykora line of 08.

For the life of me, I do NOT understand why Sprong never has gotten a look with Geno. If you look at all of the wingers in this organization, I can't think of a more natural fit, stylistically, than Sprong.

This isn't a 'ZOMG give him a chance' thing or some endorsement of his preseason. It's just an observation that, yes, frankly stylistically he's closer to Sykora than any of our other RW options.

Look, it very well may not work. But, it's the refusal to EVER try it, even this preseason, that escapes me.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
With this Dumo injury and Ruh's performance, I'd say they're rolling 8D. Riikola could come in an play either side on any pairing and I'd be confident.

Which is crazy. What a find by our Euro scouts.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
What happened to Dumo?

He had one of these of his jersey

3e179cab-8920-4fe4-bf97-f3dff1e70f29_112641_CUSTOM.jpg

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
But Cole...what if Jarry/Desmith have to play 40 games again? The Pens got away with it last year. But. It isnt calming.

I guess just hope Murray can be healthy for a 60+ game season.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
With this Dumo injury and Ruh's performance, I'd say they're rolling 8D. Riikola could come in an play either side on any pairing and I'd be confident.

Which is crazy. What a find by our Euro scouts.

IF your confidence proves justified, then it creates an opportunity for JR when Dumo returns.

Reactions: Warm Cookies

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
But Cole...what if Jarry/Desmith have to play 40 games again? The Pens got away with it last year. But. It isnt calming.

I guess just hope Murray can be healthy for a 60+ game season.

Seeing what I saw out of both goalies, I have zero issue with them backing Mur up all season. I don't think you could find a single goalie that is a definitive better player that is available right now. Could there be better situations? Sure. I'd love to have MAF/Murray all the time. That's not reality. That was a blessing in disguise.

I am very shocked people are even remotely trashing DeSmith/Jarry. I thought they were both solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad