Post-Game Talk: Post-mortem: Sabres 7, Devils 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Someone posted about Hayden
The point of the post is that Hayden wasn't a negative, and this board just wanted a whipping boy. The only reason why he got hate was bc boqvist was benched, but the hate should really be directed at hynes

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
What's this nonsense with Hynes waiting for a half an hour to address the press?

ghughes20

Jul 12, 2013
After game one, even with the loss after a 4 goal lead, there was something to be optimistic about. After tonight? Nada. The Devils didn't show anything. We may be the easiest team to forecheck. We still can't clear our own zone, in fact we've gotten worse since last season.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
The point of the post is that Hayden wasn't a negative, and this board just wanted a whipping boy. The only reason why he got hate was bc boqvist was benched, but the hate should really be directed at hynes

Except Hayden has never been good. I'd be shitting on him regardless because he isn't a good hockey player.

Reactions: glenwo2

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Wood doesn't belong on this team. There, I said it. He doesn’t generate enough on his bursts up the ice to justify ruining every single offensive zone shift with his horrendous decisions and horrible puck possession. He drags his linemates down.

Wood isn't the problem. A better coach could use him much more effectively. The top five problems this team has right now are:

1. Hynes sucks
2. Hynes sucks
3. Hynes sucks
4. Goaltender is about where our worst nightmares put it
5. Severson doesn't look remotely capable of stepping up to handle serious minutes.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

Hayden is a bad player if not on the 4th line against the easiest matchups. He was fine in that role last night. Once he was bumped up, that's when things got ugly. He got exposed, but it wasn't his fault. Hynes is just so incredibly and inexcusably clueless.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Wood doesn't belong on this team. There, I said it. He doesn’t generate enough on his bursts up the ice to justify ruining every single offensive zone shift with his horrendous decisions and horrible puck possession. He drags his linemates down.

OMG, we finally agree on something re the Devils. Did you turn over a new leaf saying something negative about the Devils?

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Wood isn't the problem. A better coach could use him much more effectively. The top five problems this team has right now are:

1. Hynes sucks
2. Hynes sucks
3. Hynes sucks
4. Goaltender is about where our worst nightmares put it
5. Severson doesn't look remotely capable of stepping up to handle serious minutes.
Wood sucks. I am tired of watching him attempt to make a hockey play. He has zero IQ.

Reactions: glenwo2

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I actually can't believe this is Hynes FIFTH season behind the bench. And he got an extension last season lol.

Someone else said this in the game thread, but I'd seriously give him a 10 game leash. Enough is enough. There are players on this team. Do something.
He's second in Games coached to Lemaire on our all time list

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I've played street hockey with more structure with people who never played the game before.

back in the 80's in chicago my brother and i schooled my 2 american cousins and 2 of their friends in street hockey when i was 12…… 2 vs 4 …..they didnt get a shot on net…we had no goalie

……it was comical as they basically never played hockey before

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
we need to get rid of wood and bring up mcleod

Mikey would get destroyed trying to play on the NHL on this structureless nonsense. Roster changes won't help until the staff changes. Hynes proved this with how trash team USA looked at the world's.

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
Palms characterizes next games as "tough buildings"

Ruh-roh

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
They look like they broke camp unprepared for the season and guess who’s fault that is?

Funny people said last year our bad preseason was the reason we stunk in the regular season even though we started 4-0...now this year we were great in the preseason and stunk at the start of the regular season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad