Post-Game Talk: Post-Game Talk: Tampa Bay Lightning @ New York Rangers - Game 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Try to come into our house, in our series, in our conference and steal one; **** you. You got outclassed, get the **** off my ice.

Long way to go, and things could change, but Tampa better buckle the **** up cause that wasn't good enough from them.

The scary thing is that with the PPs it almost was good enough for them.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Another 1 goal game. :biglaugh:

And here I was thinking they were going to break that 1 goal curse on that empty net.

Let Blaine Die

Holden out 4 a hero
Jan 4, 2012
NYC
Thoroughly dominated them for 2 1/2 periods (lost it there a bit in the first half of the 3rd period).

Stay out of the box and let our top 2 pairings take care of their top 2 lines and hopefully we'll get back to the Finals.

poeman

To Win The One Ring
Mar 8, 2006
Was that Brassard that missed the empty net of the pipe?

Can we get a game that is not 1 goal heart attack?

ThisYearsModel

Mar 4, 2004
Clearly the better team throughout. Nice to see real hockey return to the playoffs. Love to see Dom get the winner....he played a terrific game. So did Jesper Fast.

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
Player very well for 45 minutes. Then we went on a PK-frenzy. We need to make Bishop work a bit, can't let him sit on his ass and get hit by pucks. Make him move.

Henrik - yet another 1 goal game. He's been UNREAL this postseason. No way in hell are we 1-0 up in ECF without him.

Dom - played hard and got the GWG.

AV - I liked the changes. Hayes and MSL benefitted from them, even if MSL sputtered out in the 3rd.

Jesper Fast - looks like a 10 year pro. Unbelievably composed. Gem.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
I almost broke my screen when Moore did nothing with that pass to him on the 3 on 1...then he scored so it was ok :nod:

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
The Hayes MSL line swap was a massive upgrade. Hayes just helps that line control the puck so so much better.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Playoffs has been the story of the unsung heroes so far. Moore, Fast, Klein.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I won't complain since we're 7 wins away from the cup, but seems like no one ever gets nice goals anymore. I mean game 7, we did score a pretty goal on the PP, but still. The playoffs have turned into low scoring games with garbage goals galore.

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012
Player very well for 45 minutes. Then we went on a PK-frenzy. We need to make Bishop work a bit, can't let him sit on his ass and get hit by pucks. Make him move.

Henrik - yet another 1 goal game. He's been UNREAL this postseason. No way in hell are we 1-0 up in ECF without him.

Dom - played hard and got the GWG.

AV - I liked the changes. Hayes and MSL benefitted from them, even if MSL sputtered out in the 3rd.

Jesper Fast - looks like a 10 year pro. Unbelievably composed. Gem.

This is the best I think I have ever seen him play. And there is still people out there who think he needs to step it up in the post season or isn't as good as Carey friggen Price

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Tampa was only in the game because of a few stupid penalties we took. I'm sure the Rangers will clean that up.

Rangers forecheck was on point and caused a lot of turnovers. Please no typical Game 2 on Monday.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
I like to believe that things even out for players when the effort is there.
Along those lines, expect at least a hat-trick from Brassard next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00