Jul 28, 2005
1ca.jpg

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
6 out of 6 points?

Yeah, not bad.

Kindl...man oh man is he looking legit! I'm starting to think maybe his confidence can flourish him into a top d-man. Also, Jonas was indeed a monster tonight.

yave1964

22 and counting
Mar 22, 2013
Lexington ohio
With few exceptions the Yotes looked like a team that has given up. We played three in four nights, this looked like a trap game after the emotional win last night, but we found enough to pull it out.

Dynheart

Aug 21, 2011
Why no Kindl? If you ask me, that man was the reason why the power play CLICKED tonight (awesome passes, and QB's the blue line like a beast). Not to mention he got a point, and he was a plus player, yet again.

Aug 6, 2012
Datsyuk
Monster
Kindl (no option on the poll)

------------------------------------

Solid road trip. It's been ugly but we're getting the job done.

It's amazing how Kindl is looking like our #1 defenseman - another assist and +1 tonight - he was the only above average defenseman tonight (Smith and Kronwall were okay). If you told me at the beginning of the season that Kindl's stats and play would've been half as good as they are right now, I would've been fine with it. He's taken his game to another level, and could take it a step further.

RedWingsNow*

If Kindl and Kronwall played D instead of Brunner and Kronwall .... Kindl would rack up points.
Conversely, if Kindl played more even strength minutes with Datsyuk, he'd rack up points.

I'm not blaming Miller...but the Zetterberg line has been nearly invisible lately. In fact, the Datsyuk line was really quiet at even strength tonight.

It's great out powerplay is scoring, but our top lines need to play like top lines, or making the playoffs isn't going to matter much

rx7dryver

Apr 11, 2009
Why isn't Nyquist an option? He was our best player tonight!

In my opinion the only guys that nyquist outplayed were cleary and maybe lashoff.

Kindl and miller needed to be an option. Both those guys played a great game.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
In my opinion the only guys that nyquist outplayed were cleary and maybe lashoff.

Kindl and miller needed to be an option. Both those guys played a great game.

Actually, Cleary brought the puck to the net and had a couple of decent whacks at it. Not much, for sure. But I don't know if Nyquist out played him.

kuick

Tatar Sauce
Aug 15, 2009
Grand Rapids
Monster, Dats, Kindl are the only guys that stood out. Pretty nice comeback to steal those 2 points in a game where we seemed completely gassed.

I agree with Babcock's post-game thoughts when he mentioned Monster looked a bit nervous, especially early on. Lot of shaky situations, but he also had numerous huge stops including that penalty shot. He played well enough for the win which is a good thing for his confidence. Hopefully he can turn into a solid backup down the line.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Nice little string of wins they've got going on here.

Good teams find a way to gut out these wins, so are the Wings good? I'm starting to wonder. :sarcasm:

Kiddington

Nov 3, 2008
Reno, NV
Nice little string of wins they've got going on here.

Good teams find a way to gut out these wins, so are the Wings good? I'm starting to wonder. :sarcasm:

Now now, let's not get carried away.

...but seriously, HUGE road trip so far. Who knows, this team could still have some fight left in them yet.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Coyotes fan coming in peace.

I thought Jonas Gustavsson was really, really solid this game. Particularly in rebound control and staying "in charge" during goal mouth scrambles, if that makes any sense. That's all I came here to say.

Solid enough to where I want to trade for him for the Coyotes and see what Sean Burke can do with him.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Coyotes fan coming in peace.

I thought Jonas Gustavsson was really, really solid this game. Particularly in rebound control and staying "in charge" during goal mouth scrambles, if that makes any sense. That's all I came here to say.

Solid enough to where I want to trade for him for the Coyotes and see what Sean Burke can do with him.

Gustavsson + Cleary + Babcock + Holland for Tippett and Maloney?

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
For unrelated circumstances I think Tippet and Maloney are gone after this season anyway. :(

Really? Why?

Bc of possible relocation? I thought they liked it there.

I honestly think Maloney is the best GM in league right now. What he's done with so little is amazing.

And Tippett is one of the best coaches. After Joe Sacco ofc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad