Post-Game Talk: Post Game and 3 Stars : 3/25 : DET @ PHX

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
Actually, Cleary brought the puck to the net and had a couple of decent whacks at it. Not much, for sure. But I don't know if Nyquist out played him.

C'mon Soup, this is Danny Cleary we're talking about. Everyone on the team outplays him by default.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Great gutsy win. Three games in four nights going all over Gods green Earth to accomplish it. This team, I don't even know sometimes.

yave1964

22 and counting
Mar 22, 2013
Lexington ohio
The Wings still need another scoring wing and a shut down blue liner. I gotta admit, Kindl is earning his ice time and Smith has not progressed as much as I would hope, but Smith needs to stay on the second power play even when Samuelsson comes back to run the point on that unit.

Aug 6, 2012
Why isn't Nyquist an option? He was our best player tonight!

Man you're more worried about others people's opinions than your own. Give it a rest.

It seems as if the youth movement is catching on to Babcock a littl bit, though still not enough. Hopefully Tatar gets another stint in Detroit soon.

lkleung007

Jun 11, 2012
What a win for the Wings...didn't see it coming especially after the first period when we were completely outchanced and not playing well defensively. Really didn't like the second goal against...Gustavsson got not help from his defense.

I was going to pick Dats for the 1st star but after Gustavsson stopped the penalty shot to preserve the win...had to go with the Monster as the 1st star.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Man you're more worried about others people's opinions than your own. Give it a rest.

It seems as if the youth movement is catching on to Babcock a littl bit, though still not enough. Hopefully Tatar gets another stint in Detroit soon.

I have a feeling Tatar gets the Helm treatment in the playoffs but I just don't know who they'd sit for him, especially if Sammy and Helm are back.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I have a feeling Tatar gets the Helm treatment in the playoffs but I just don't know who they'd sit for him, especially if Sammy and Helm are back.

Eaves? Tootoo? Cleary? I wouldn't play Sammy over Tatar anyway. Maybe Bert but it doesn't seem like he'll ever be back.

My question is what they do with Emmerton and Anderson.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Datsyuk
Gustavsson
Kindl (where is the option to vote for him?)

Last 3 games our goaltending has been superb. Or was it our team defence limiting opponents to low scoring chances?

Dynheart

Aug 21, 2011
Datsyuk
Gustavsson
Kindl (where is the option to vote for him?)

Last 3 games our goaltending has been superb. Or was it our team defence limiting opponents to low scoring chances?

the amount of point blank saves howard and the monster are forced to face...no, its not the defense.

i will say this however: they have upgraded from bottom of the barrel to around the middle of the pack type of defense. When they click? The goalies have it easy. Problem...that's been like 4 games the entire season (maybe 5 or 6 if you want to be generous).

Remember the Nashville series? We are a worse version of that on a nightly basis. Good thing is that our goalies aren't chasing pucks too! Well, maybe Jonas is, but at least he's saving them. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad