Post-Game Talk: Post Game and 3 Stars : 2/23 NAS @ DET

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
And we should expect Kronwall to play like Lidstrom? That's the role Babcock is putting him in...

Way to not get the point.
Cleary is on Pav's line over Tatar so we should expect as much or more than Tatar would produce in the same position. He doesn't and that's why people are hating on Cleary being used in that spot.
There is no one that Kronwall is being used ahead of.

Until Cleary can produce what Tatar would be expected to if he got to play with Pav people are going to hate the decision to use Cleary over Tatar.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Howie
Tats
Kronner

I think Cleary and Abby are playing decent hockey, and I give them credit for at least working harder, but they're still not worthy of being on Pavel's wing. Nonetheless, good tip by Cleary and nice to see Abby being more aggressive along the boards.

Tatar has just looked great. Fast, tenacious, and full of determination. Obviously a lot of us want to see him on Pavel's wing, but I don't think it'll happen.

Kronner played his best game thus far. Also, an HM to White.

Back to Tats real quick, someone mentioned a line of Tats-Helm-Tootoo; that line WOULD be indeed fun to watch. :)

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Way to not get the point.
Cleary is on Pav's line over Tatar so we should expect as much or more than Tatar would produce in the same position. He doesn't and that's why people are hating on Cleary being used in that spot.
There is no one that Kronwall is being used ahead of.

Until Cleary can produce what Tatar would be expected to if he got to play with Pav people are going to hate the decision to use Cleary over Tatar.

Could you imagine if Hank was on the same line as Datsyuk? He'd probably have a 100 goal season.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Could you imagine if Hank was on the same line as Datsyuk? He'd probably have a 100 goal season.

He'd have a helluva lot more than the 4 ****ing points that Cleary has, and so would Tatar.
FFS I've already said Cleary has looked less bad but if you honestly think he is playing well and is better than Tatar would be in the same position I done because there is no hope for you.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
Howard
Cleary
Kronwall

Although had I thought about it more I probably would have went with Lashoff instead of Kronwall based on his ice-time.

If Cleary played like he did tonight, every night, I would never have given him a poopatar, and I doubt we'd be complaining about him half as much as we have been.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Howard
Cleary
Kronwall

Although had I thought about it more I probably would have went with Lashoff instead of Kronwall based on his ice-time.

If Cleary played like he did tonight, every night, I would never have given him a poopatar, and I doubt we'd be complaining about him half as much as we have been.

Cleary at #2? You're dead to me. But he is a #2. I hope that's what your implying.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
Give credit where credit is due...Cleary still has no business in the top 6 but he was good tonight. He had a bunch of shots on goal, was instrumental on Kronwall's goal and had one of his own. He even chipped in defensively.

Maybe the 2nd star is based on my lowered expectations for him, but I thought he played a pretty good game tonight.

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
Do people want this to be a fricken 2 line team??! Last I checked, Tatar is producing just fine where he is, and they are finally getting production from the bottom 6......It's not like Datsyuk's production has dried up playing with Cleary and Abdelkader

Z40

High Compete Level
Feb 10, 2012
Detroit
1. Howard
2. Kronwall
3. Tatar

Zetterberg looked a step slower tonight. Is he nursing a minor injury we don't know about? Wouldn't surprise me if he was hiding something for the team's benefit.

Filppula is definitely laboring because of his knee.

Xvash2

Jul 8, 2010
My biggest fear is that Cleary is going to play his way into a contract in Holland's eyes. Good deflection from him on a much needed pp goal though

A blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
1. Howard (his 3rd strong game this season, we need him to play his best very badly)
2. Tatar, this kid rocks. I love his game, his quickness is unbelievable
3. Kronwall, 3 points and not scored on.

HM there many, but : Datsyuk, Cleary, Andersson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad