Post-Game Talk: Post Game and 3 Stars : 2/23 NAS @ DET

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
27175854.jpg

tumblr_lgbj6dMOzl1qf8yek.gif

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
My biggest fear is that Cleary is going to play his way into a contract in Holland's eyes. Good deflection from him on a much needed pp goal though

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Also, you can see Tatar's drive and heart when he scores a goal. Kid never leaves anything on the ice and gets rewarded with goals.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
1. Jimmy
2. Datsyuk
3. Tatar

Miller, Toots, Emmerton, Gator, Eaves, Z, Big E, Kronwall were good too.

Doghouse: Flip and Cleary.

Aug 6, 2012
The funny thing is Filppula looked awesome in his first shift or two and then disappeared. He's playing timid perimeter hockey.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
I can't vote for Kronwall. I just can't do it. He had two non-skill assists and his goal only went in because he whiffed and it popped up and over Rinne.

Going with Howard, Datsyuk, Lashoff.

Lashoff led the team in ice time and made several very good defensive plays.

As for Jimmeh:

mqdefault.jpg

Bro was ON, didn't trip!

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
The funny thing is Filppula looked awesome in his first shift or two and then disappeared. He's playing timid perimeter hockey.

Flip looks OLD. I don't know how else to describe it. It can't be just his knee - he just looks like he's pushing 40 out there. Makes no sense.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Yeah, Cleary gets a goal and provides the key screen on another goal and all you guys can do is bag on the guy.

He's been busting his ass lately. So has Gator. Are they the awesomest players in the league? No. Should they get some credit when things finally go right? Apparently not.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
The team sucks right now dude, everyone is going to look worse.

Right, I get that, but on a night where the team was so good that Cleary actually looked like a viable NHLer, Flip still looked like crap.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
As bad as that line is, they looked about as good as they could today. I thought Abdelkader looked decent.

Yeah Abdelkader has been doing good work on that line. He still lacks the skill and hockey sense that can be frustrating and kill plays, but he's been working hard along the boards.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
I'd go Jimmy as the 1st star, then Tatar and Datsyuk.

Tatar had the goal, easily could have had 2 assists with a couple of great saucer passes on 2-on1's, and provided energy.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Yeah, Cleary gets a goal and provides the key screen on another goal and all you guys can do is bag on the guy.

He's been busting his ass lately. So has Gator. Are they the awesomest players in the league? No. Should they get some credit when things finally go right? Apparently not.

People have acknowledged that Cleary looked less bad tonight, but for the role that Babs is putting them in we should expect more from him. Especially when we have a talented hot shot on the 3rd line.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
People have acknowledged that Cleary looked less bad tonight, but for the role that Babs is putting them in we should expect more from him. Especially when we have a talented hot shot on the 3rd line.

And we should expect Kronwall to play like Lidstrom? That's the role Babcock is putting him in...

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington

Indeed. Cleary is still a liability and dragging down the 2nd line. Most of us have acknowledged Gator's increased effectiveness on the line. Gator is filling the role of a big body that works hard in the corners, brings some ruckus and what have you. Cleary is just floating around, turning the puck over, killing plays and slowing things down. Need a shooter on that line.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Indeed. Cleary is still a liability and dragging down the 2nd line. Most of us have acknowledged Gator's increased effectiveness on the line. Gator is filling the role of a big body that works hard in the corners, brings some ruckus and what have you. Cleary is just floating around, turning the puck over, killing plays and slowing things down. Need a shooter on that line.

Cleary may be ineffective, but he's not floating.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->