Post-Game Talk: Post Game & 3 Stars : 3/7 : EDM @ DET

Aug 6, 2012
Howie continues to play well but the Oilers look lifeless. That team needs a major shakeup.

I'd trade one of their "big four" for a young potential-star defenseman or just a few younger depth players. The Oil have no balance at all. Its just a fee small skilled forwards and a bunch of scrubs.

Shadywing19

Jan 26, 2013
Howie continues to play well but the Oilers look lifeless. That team needs a major shakeup.

Here's a shakeup:

RNH , hall, yakupov, or eberle. Anyone one of them for

All of White, clearly, filpulla, Abby, miller, Sammy and for ***** and gigs. A r3rd round pick

Hahaha

Haha

Ha

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
1. Emmerton - every day he's shufflin'
2. Jimmah - wasn't tested much
3. Miller - a couple awesome setups for Emmerton and Kindl

HM: Tatar

I really dig that Andersson line. They were doing work tonight.

Last edited:

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Sportsnet with:

Emmerton
Datsyuk
Petry - two blocked shots.

Howard with a shutout and nothing.

Emmerton was the man during the second period. Datsyuk was a visible presence despite his linemates. He nearly had an assist when Q rang a shot off the iron. I can't complain about Pavs getting recognized, tonight was one of those nights where he was a presence and when you consider his linemates and the level of competition you can appreciate his game.

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
1. Emmerton - every day - in that one second period - he's hustlin'
2. Jimmah - wasn't tested much
3. Miller - a couple awesome setups for Emmerton and Kindl

HM: Tatar

I really dig that Andersson line. They were doing work tonight.

And some of you guys want to kill that line. Sometimes I wonder if Coach Babcock is just subscribing to Okam's Razor. What's the point with screwing up a line that's already working to make another line work? That's a net gain of 0. As much as I want to see Datsyuk pick it up, tearing apart another to do it seems... Pointless... Now, if they want to recall Nyquist, that's another story.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
That was the best game we've played all season.

I agree, but it's too bad they can't play like that against better teams. I think they're capable of it, obviously.

Kindl
Emmerton
Smith

I gotta say, our D is looking sexy. :)

I would've given a star to Howie, he deserves praise obviously, however I didn't feel like he was visible. The Oilers didn't test him enough for me to say, "Wow, Howie! Nice!" Still, Howie is playing awesome!

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
I don't care what you guys say, the Datsyuk line was really effective tonight. They cycled the puck and spent whole shifts in the Oiler's end. Gator especially had some jump.

The kids looked good tonight too. Andersson is becoming pretty noticeable out there for the things he's been doing - I'm really impressed with how responsible he is defensively.

Franzen looked dangerous. I think Zetterberg is going to finally get the lead out. He looked pissed off towards the end and looked like he found his beast gear.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Quincey and Smith led the team in icetime, that is a very good thing with 3 games in 4 nights.

Quincey - 22:43 (All even strength)
Smith - 22:26
Kronwall - 22:17
Ericsson - 20:13
Kindl - 16:37
Lashoff - 14:42

Chevrier

Mar 4, 2011
Toronto
It pains me I missed this game based on the comments. I may have to re-watch it at like double speed. Definitely a personal highlight of the night noticing that Abdelkader got the EN.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Woo hoo 2 in a row! Ok weaker teams but when we do win this season it is in the same way- grinding forcheck w/ lots of pressure. Rolling 4 lines consistently. Short shifts. The forwards helping the D down low and every player battling extremely hard to keep the puck out of the net. And the D being active as an option to score but not trying to do too much.

Is it correct to say we're playing more of NA style of hockey? Dump and chase, simpler, more quick plays to get off shots. Our style could be why Tootoo, Tatar, and Emmerton are making such an impact, it suits them perfectly. It reminds me of Canadian Junior hockey, and trust me I mean that in a good way. It seems like other teams have caught up to our skill so the Wings are getting back to their roots: scrambling, battling, out hustling our opponents. The way we're going to get wins is to play desperate hockey, which I don't mind at all. I think it's a great story- we were so disheveled to start the season but through hard work we are finding a way to compete.

Dekemeister

Sep 12, 2010
Woo hoo 2 in a row! Ok weaker teams but when we do win this season it is in the same way- grinding forcheck w/ lots of pressure. Rolling 4 lines consistently. Short shifts. The forwards helping the D down low and every player battling extremely hard to keep the puck out of the net. And the D being active as an option to score but not trying to do too much.

Is it correct to say we're playing more of NA style of hockey? Dump and chase, simpler, more quick plays to get off shots. Our style could be why Tootoo, Tatar, and Emmerton are making such an impact, it suits them perfectly. It reminds me of Canadian Junior hockey, and trust me I mean that in a good way. It seems like other teams have caught up to our skill so the Wings are getting back to their roots: scrambling, battling, out hustling our opponents. The way we're going to get wins is to play desperate hockey, which I don't mind at all. I think it's a great story- we were so disheveled to start the season but through hard work we are finding a way to compete.

God forbid I praise Babcock based on some of the posters here, but I think he's done a really good job getting them to play in a way that doesn't seem to be the "traditional" Red Wings way. That's fine by me. I don't care what type of game they play as long as they keep winning, and they've just put themselves in a good position tonight (and with some lucky losses the last couple of nights) to maybe give themselves some breathing room assuming, you know, we can actually BEAT Columbus for once instead of killing their players.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Howard
Emmerton
Kindl

Smith is deserving of a star but Kindl got a goal so gave it to him. Smith has been our best defenseman these past two games, just isn't getting any luck offensively. Kronwall can either score a lot of points and suck defensively or not score and play great defense.
Kronwall needs about 5-10 games to put it together ;)
Howie
Emmerton (Has he really stepped his game up this year)
Kindl

HM: Smith, Abs

Anybody else think that Quincey has played really well over the past couple of games? I think now that he's settled down into that shutdown dman role he's turned his game around.

I also don't think we are going to see White in a Wings uniform again. Unless the injury bug hits before CC is back I think he'll be moved the day or day after CC is back. Especially with the improved play of the younglings on D he's expendable now.
It sucks for White. I think they'll try to give hm a chance. But he has to try hard in practices.
That was the best game we've played all season.
Maybe, but it was a very easy opponent.
God forbid I praise Babcock based on some of the posters here, but I think he's done a really good job getting them to play in a way that doesn't seem to be the "traditional" Red Wings way. That's fine by me. I don't care what type of game they play as long as they keep winning, and they've just put themselves in a good position tonight (and with some lucky losses the last couple of nights) to maybe give themselves some breathing room assuming, you know, we can actually BEAT Columbus for once instead of killing their players.

CloneHakanPlease*

It pains me I missed this game based on the comments. I may have to re-watch it at like double speed. Definitely a personal highlight of the night noticing that Abdelkader got the EN.

Not trying to sound like a downer because we played solid and limited their chances, but from an entertainment perspective don't bother. Very boring and uneventful game to be honest.

Maybe 10 good scoring chances in all, with us having 9 of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad