May 2, 2015
Finland
Well statistically the most well known stats are
Edmonton Oilers will win the first overall draft pick
Montreal Canadiens will win the stanleys cupses

New Jersey Devil

Sep 30, 2013
New Jersey
To most people it’s considered a huge mistake, we don’t know how his ex-wife feels, and if nothing else it’s created rather awkward family dynamics- like, cheating depends on the situation in my own personal opinion, but good god, that particular affair is one I would try like hell to avoid.
She use to make phone calls to Brodeur, right before Devils games, just to annoy & distract him! That means she thinks it's a huge deal!

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
Many of us will die before we see our team win a Cup

I've seen the Giants win two Super Bowls, Yankees win 4 (though I only really remember 3 of them due to being too young), Miami Hurricanes with a National Championship, but my favorite team in my favorite sport had a dynasty before I was born and I can only hope my Isles can win the Cup before I die so I am able to see all my favorite teams win a championship.

That's a good thing.

No...it's not.

Reactions: sabremike

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
The Bruins historically have been a source of young talent for other teams.

- They made the 70s Flyers by trading Parent, Leach and MacLeish

- They made the 70s Canadiens by trading Dryden

- Recently they've traded Thornton, Seguin, Kessel, Wheeler, Hamilton

It goes both ways

Neely
Middleton
Bucyk

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Man, these laws are messed up. 632k a year in alimony + child support AND he has to pay for schooling/expenses AS WELL?

You could pay tuition for at least ten students at an Ivy-League School with that kind of money.

Guy slept with his sister in law (!!!). Deserves everything that happened to him... and awkward Christmas dinners.

Member 308457

I have watched all eight games of that tournament multiple times and I can tell you, with absolute certainty, that what you are saying is absolutely false.

How can you even pretend it was fair and square when Bobby Clarke freely admits that he went out and intentionally broke Kharlamov's ankle? Ferguson has freely admitted that he told him to do it because "Kharlamov was killing us."

Even Paul Henderson, the lauded hero of the series, has conceded that was "the low point of the series." Henderson said: “If Clarke hits him with a bodycheck and knocks him out, that’s fair and square,” Henderson said. “To go out and deliberately try to take somebody out, there’s no sportsmanship in that. To me, it’s the same as shooting a guy in the hallway. Clarke was probably the only guy on the whole team that would have done it."

You can pretend that there is a "ridiculous agenda" (not sure what you think that "agenda" is) and you can pretend it was fair and square, but you should know that Henderson isn't alone in his opinion. I have spoken with a few other guys from that team (Ron Ellis, Ken Dryden and Bill White) that were also embarrassed by what Clarke did and in the case of Dryden, embarrassed by how Canadians act like it never happened.

It was absolutely shameful and in terms of international hockey, I think its a low point for sportsmanship.

I'd support revoking Clarke in the HHOF.

Reactions: saffronleaf

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Another mind blowing thing about all of that is that Hornqvist was drafted by the Preds DEAD LAST. He is the only player drafted very last in the entire draft to have his name engraved on a Cup.

Jon Ericsson would like a word with you

edit: kept reading - interesting bit of trivia

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
Man, these laws are messed up. 632k a year in alimony + child support AND he has to pay for schooling/expenses AS WELL?
that actually seems rather cheap to me
that decision was rendered in 2007, when he had been making over 4.5 milly for 6 years and was slated to make over 5 million a year for 6 of the next 7 seasons.
plus add in 4 kiddies and, of course, his "bad deeds"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad