Speculation: Possible trade deadline acquisitions

iamitter

Thornton's Hen
May 19, 2011
NYC
Regardless of Redden, the Rangers will still have space this season for a decent acquisition. The UFA crop for this off-season is good - any good fits?

Possibly Jarome Iginla?

Kershaw

What possible use is there for Iginla? I'm pretty sure he can only play RW and that's our strongest position depth wise. Great player, but don't think he's the right choice.

I would like to make a run for Dan Boyle.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Regardless of Redden, the Rangers will still have space this season for a decent acquisition. The UFA crop for this off-season is good - any good fits?

Possibly Jarome Iginla?

Would love this.

But

• Will we have cap space?
  • Will we have reasonable assets?

In competition with many other teams to get this done...
Doubtful
Would like to see Doug Murray brought in as a playoff depth guy on D. Maybe another vet scorer too...
Time will tell

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
I would be fine with a depth 3rd line rental. We have 3 months of hockey before the deadline so lets see who's healthy and who's playing well

Last yr they didnt trust Bickel or Eminger and I doubt Gilroy gives them a better option so yea a vet D likely would be a smart idea unless by some miracle Sauer is back

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Will there be a trade deadline is better question.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
What possible use is there for Iginla? I'm pretty sure he can only play RW and that's our strongest position depth wise. Great player, but don't think he's the right choice.

I would like to make a run for Dan Boyle.

idk

nash-richards-iginla
hags/kreider-stepan-gaborik
hags/kreider-boyle-callahan
rupp-halpern-pyatt

that looks pretty good to me

Kershaw

lol Islanders.

Visnovsky is reportedly staying in the KHL.

Blew a high 2nd for nothing. lol.

Visnovsky would be perfect. I think our biggest hole is PPQB PMD.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
lol Islanders.

Visnovsky is reportedly staying in the KHL.

Blew a high 2nd for nothing. lol.

Visnovsky would be perfect. I think our biggest hole is PPQB PMD.

did the dummy not try to void it and then agreed he would honor the deal? I agree at the deadline Visnovsky for a 2nd would be a good deal

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Rangers just got Rick Nash. they arent going ot make any big moves at the deadline, theyve got way too much money tied into this team as it is. unless its an expiring contract.

RangersChamps2417

May 9, 2011
Northern NJ
I could see someone like Brandon Morrow on Dallas coming here at the deadline for small cost, or another puck moving defensemen. I'm curious to see if we get anyone who gets amnestied tho. I could see Sather getting another Dman that can play the point for us

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Dan Boyle is signed through 2013-14. $6,666,667. The Rangers don't have the room unless they're sending Gaborik to San Jose. That was a rumor last summer.

The Rangers need depth on D. They can't win playing with 4 or 5 D.

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
Has anyone ever tried to get out of a trade more than Visnovky? He REALLY doesn't want to be an Islander.

I wouldn't mind a trade for another forward or maybe a bottom pairing defenseman.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
In the 94-95 lockout-shortened season, the trade deadline was April 7th, just to give you an idea of when it might be.

I think the Rangers will look towards defense rather than adding a forward like Iginla or Morrow. They added their power forward over the summer with the addition of Nash.

Jim Morrison

Aug 4, 2009
Rangers just got Rick Nash. they arent going ot make any big moves at the deadline, theyve got way too much money tied into this team as it is. unless its an expiring contract.

Obviously it'll be an expiring contract. A deadline acquisition is almost always a player with an expiring contract.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
idk

nash-richards-iginla
hags/kreider-stepan-gaborik
hags/kreider-boyle-callahan
rupp-halpern-pyatt

that looks pretty good to me

What are you giving up for Iginla?

Hard to guess as we have no idea what this team is or what their needs may be at the deadline. At first blush, I think they will try to add a vet d-man for the playoffs.

NYRSchrute217

Oct 28, 2008
An expiring contract 3rd pair defenseman. Maybe a Douglas Murray if San Jose falls out of the race (unlikely). I'd love Iginla if Calgary feels that he won't re-sign and the Rangers can deal significant salary in return.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Hockey must be back since it's more talk about trading for Iginla. Seriously? Anyway, if this team is going to make a deadline deal it will likely be for a 3rd line center or extra depth on D. We're not trading 1st round picks for Jerome Iginla. lol

NYRSchrute217

Oct 28, 2008
Hockey must be back since it's more talk about trading for Iginla. Seriously? Anyway, if this team is going to make a deadline deal it will likely be for a 3rd line center or extra depth on D. We're not trading 1st round picks for Jerome Iginla. lol
Obviously a huge hypothetical. And I don't think anyone wants to deal our 2014 1st either after dealing the 2013 1st for Nash. So Iginla is a pipe dream for sure.:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad