Possible Stanley Cup Final Start Date?

bcherbertlou

Jun 14, 2021
Obviously depends how long the two semifinal series go, but curious what an estimated date for Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Finals might be? Assuming one or both series go 7 games, are we looking at the 29th or 30th of June for the start?

Reactions: 5minutemajor

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
The season timeline has July 9th as the last possible date of the Stanley Cup. In order to do that without having a back go back game, it would have to start 6/27. That would mean no rest for the winner of the VGK/MTL series which I can’t see that happening. My guess is that the first game would be June 28th (playing every other day), ending on June 10th.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
The sooner Vegas and Tampa rollover, the faster we can all enjoy our summers.

Not necessarily. The Cup Final game dates are usually pre-scheduled for television slots. Meaning if series end early we wait a few extra days.

Anyways, we should know in a few days when the tv schedules for NBC are published for the week of the 28. My guess based it starts the Monday, June 28.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
The season timeline has July 9th as the last possible date of the Stanley Cup. In order to do that without having a back go back game, it would have to start 6/27. That would mean no rest for the winner of the VGK/MTL series which I can’t see that happening. My guess is that the first game would be June 28th (playing every other day), ending on June 10th.
where is the source for the 9th

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida

That would be quite the temporal leap…

DaBadGuy7

Dec 28, 2004
Newark,NJ
Not necessarily. The Cup Final game dates are usually pre-scheduled for television slots. Meaning if series end early we wait a few extra days.

Anyways, we should know in a few days when the tv schedules for NBC are published for the week of the 28. My guess based it starts the Monday, June 28.

That was my guess, I figured they go with Monday-Wednesday-Saturday-Monday-Thursday-Sunday-Wednesday schedule that have gone with past few seasons. In that scenario Game 7 is on July 14th

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
There were 2 famous episodes from Simpsons: Who shot Mr. Burns.

One closed the 6. season , second opened next season. And it was a huge success.

Imo, NHL should do it exactly so. Finals in September.

Reactions: Summer Rose

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
If it doesn't go 7 wouldn't they start earlier? or is the date the date

and wouldn't they want Saturday night hockey

NBC has the second to last day of U.S Olympic Track qualifiers on Saturday the 26th. The Final will not start on on June 26, even if the other series finish early. Unless they switch the games NBCSN carries to Game 1 and another game, something that hasn’t happened in 13 years.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
NBC has the second to last day of U.S Olympic Track qualifiers on Saturday the 26th. The Final will not start on on June 26, even if the other series finish early. Unless they switch the games NBCSN carries to Game 1 and another game, something that hasn’t happened in 13 years.
so 25th??

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad