News Article: Possible NHL Camps to Start May 15th

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Sounds like the NHL will be competing against NBA, MLB, NFL, MLS and all other summer sports (tennis, golf etc)… all without attendance. I'll be curious what kind of rating they get given all that competition for eyeballs.
I've spoken to some avid NFL fans and even for them they aren't particularly interested in watching football without a crowd.
NHL is similar to NFL...no crowd will make it quite bizarre.
MLS will be an absolute borefest without a crowd putting ambiance.
NBA will be weird too without the ''defense!'' and constant cheering from crowd, especially as the game goes on with the intensity rising significantly.
MLB might be okay...crowd isn't particular loud.
Tennis and Golf should remain the same, the crowd is actually asked to stay quiet so..shouldn't be a problem.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Purely speculating here:

If the NHL decides to go with a 24 team playoff and holds the draft after the playoffs.

Do they then use the playoffs for draft order?

The losers of the first round are slotted in positions 8-15, losers of the second round in 16-23, and so on.

If that’s the case and the Habs win a 3 game series to start and then lose the second round they could go from picking 8th to 16th.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Purely speculating here:

If the NHL decides to go with a 24 team playoff and holds the draft after the playoffs.

The losers of the first round are slotted in positions 8-15, losers of the second round in 16-23, and so on.

If that’s the case and the Habs win a 3 game series to start and then lose the second round they could go from picking 8th to 16th.

If Habs are in the playoffs, they will end up picking 31st. You mark my w....:laugh::biglaugh:

Okay I couldn't say that with a straight face.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Purely speculating here:

Yes, you know they'll find a way to screw it up.

Although, generally they only re-seed after conference finals, etc.. but who knows how terribly they'll do this.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Honestly, I would be pissed if they allow them to restart. So these guys can go back to training, they play sports, but regular folks can't even play tennis where they have no chance of actually catching the virus, none.
And I can't get even chill on the balcony 2m away from a friend.
I see no reason why those guys deserve to reopen ahead of other businesses.

down here in the states you can play tennis, golf, etc.. but it depends on what state you are in as things are slowly starting to open up

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad