Possible new ECHL franchises 2015-16 season

RowdyFan42

Apr 22, 2015
Albany(-ish)
Speaking of that...I have noticed in the past some teams do have logos of NHL teams. Kitchener Rangers for example. They have the rangers logo on a patch on their jersey. Rangers isn't an uncommon name but why is the logo the same?

Wikipedia says that the NY Rangers used to own the Kitchener team until the NHL ended sponsorship of junior teams back in the '60s. The Rangers then "sold" the team for $1 to a local businessman. I guess the name and logo just stuck.

DTalbot

Jun 28, 2015
Greater Boston
Simple.

No ownership group.

The only way that Worcester ends up in the ECHL is if it is either owned by or affiliated with the Boston Bruins. The southeastern New England area (which I live in) tends to be very Boston team oriented..that is the reason the minor league teams in the area are affiliated with the Bruins (Providence) and Red Sox (Pawtucket, Portland, and Lowell). If the Jacobs family (Bruins ownership) thinks they can make or save money with an ECHL team it will probably happen. They are having enough trouble with the change of the GM and not making the playoffs in 2015 and retooling the team. I could see an ECHL team in Worcester in 2016.

randyc

Apr 2, 2007
Suffolk, Virginia
Hope So

the Worcester fans deserve this. In Norfolk they gave us a consolation prize of an ECHL team when the Ducks left. Boston would be a natural fit for them. I hope in comes to pass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad