Possible Kassian Trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blob Mckenzie*

If Benning got Madison Bowey alone for Kassian he would be instantly redeemed in many peoples eyes. However he hasn't done anything close to that yet so why would we give him credit for a move he hasn't and most likely never will complete?

I am taking a poke at the posters who think the guy is a mouth breather and will attack him at any opportunity . It's hilarious to watch .

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
At this point I can't see us getting Eriksson for Kassian. We'd need to add.
And as others have said we need to get younger. We'll probably have to take back another struggling forward. Hopefully some team out there is still enticed by Kassian's potential.

LolClarkson*

Of course they are. If the return stinks you don't make the trade.

Only the Kass-haters would be happy with a subpar return which seems ridiculous.

You cant judge the return until some time has played out.

The constant over-rating by the Kassian fans is going to make the (low) return a self fulfilling prophecy.

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
You cant judge the return until some time has played out.

The constant over-rating by the Kassian fans is going to make the (low) return a self fulfilling prophecy.

Really!?! hmmm so all this hand wringing about other trades Benning has made has been an overreaction? Shocking...

Lindt

Apr 28, 2010
Eriksson for Kassian is an absolute no brainer. I'd be surprised if Benning can pull that off.

Kassian has size, but when is the last time he actually used it? Matthias uses his size much more effectively, and Dorsett is far more of a physical presence. He showed flashes of good play last year, but has been poor this year and just doesn't seem to get it. I like the guy but if we can get this kind of return it's time to pull the trigger.

Eriksson is a 3 time 70 point scorer - admittedly he may not get there anymore but at 29 it's not out of the question. He's shown chemistry with the Sedins and he should be good for 20+ goals.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I could see Kassian to Boston for a prospect more than a roster guy. Khokhlachev and a pick?

Combine that with a trade with Toronto, because I've always thought the Leafs had the pieces that make sense - Lupul and Franson.

rune74

Oct 10, 2008
My god we will regret this if we do this....Kassian has been injured most of the year and the morons are calling for his head.

Orca Whalers

May 24, 2013
Boston better be adding if they are consider Erikson for Kassian. Erikson has concussion history problems. We gave up Hodgson for Kassian so I don't even want to trade him unless we're getting a lot back.

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013
Agreed, unless the return is quality we need to keep Kassian. He's had a rough year in terms of injuries.

Gove him a run when fully healthy.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Edmonton fans are saying they'd move Yakupov for Kassian +

That's the first time I didn't want to put my head through a brick wall when it comes to Kassian trade talk. I'd do that in a heart beat and run away laughing.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Eriksson for Kassian is an absolute no brainer. I'd be surprised if Benning can pull that off.

Kassian has size, but when is the last time he actually used it? Matthias uses his size much more effectively, and Dorsett is far more of a physical presence. He showed flashes of good play last year, but has been poor this year and just doesn't seem to get it. I like the guy but if we can get this kind of return it's time to pull the trigger.

Eriksson is a 3 time 70 point scorer - admittedly he may not get there anymore but at 29 it's not out of the question. He's shown chemistry with the Sedins and he should be good for 20+ goals.

Both Matthias and dorsett are much older than kassian who's still developing. It's a sign of foolish impatience to trade kassian for an older declining player at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad