Possible Kassian Trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
Problem is that his value is extremely low, Canucks might get a 2nd rounder if lucky. Most likely a garbage player + 3rd/4th in return, which is pointless for the Canucks.

Here's hoping there's a GM out there who values him for more than he's worth.

Quick!! Someone give Mike Milbury a GM job somewhere!

arsmaster*

A 2nd yeah. The fans of Kassian are going to be so disappointed with the return that its not even going to be funny

Of course they are. If the return stinks you don't make the trade.

Only the Kass-haters would be happy with a subpar return which seems ridiculous.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
With BOS, only Eriksson really makes sense. He's older, has a questionable contract, but has top6 pedigree. If he wants a top6 forward, and it's BOS, then I'm not sure how Eriksson doesn't come back. The problem lies with this team getting older, and moving Kassian's potential at the worst time.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Some pretty credible people (Lebrun, McKenzie) have also weighed in weeks ago that they heard possible trade talks between the Canucks and Bruins. This rumour wasn't created out of thin air. It has legs.

Hockey Widow also recently said Kassian is as good as gone and she seems to have the most inside information when it comes to the current regime.

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
With BOS, only Eriksson really makes sense. He's older, has a questionable contract, but has top6 pedigree. If he wants a top6 forward, and it's BOS, the. I'm not sure how Eriksson doesn't come back. The problem lies with this team getting older, and moving Kassian's potential at the worst time.
Older, smaller and slower.

Team squeaks into playoffs.

One and done. Aquilini gets his 2 home game revenue and rinse and repeat.

Canucks draft 20+ and get a 3rx/4th liner

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
Older, smaller and slower.

Team squeaks into playoffs.

One and done. Aquilini gets his 2 home game revenue and rinse and repeat.

Canucks draft 20+ and get a 3rx/4th liner

yea, two things the canucks can`t get with this trade are older or smaller- that is for certain

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
With BOS, only Eriksson really makes sense. He's older, has a questionable contract, but has top6 pedigree. If he wants a top6 forward, and it's BOS, then I'm not sure how Eriksson doesn't come back. The problem lies with this team getting older, and moving Kassian's potential at the worst time.

4.25 for a 50 point two-way winger is not questionable in my opinion. Eriksson for Kassian is great value for us, but you hit the nail on the head with your last sentence, this team is not in a position to be trading future assets for win now pieces.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
4 different coaches, 3 GM's and 2 organizations... this isn't their failing IF he's traded again, it's his at this point.

I`m just hoping TC`s in there videoìng this like Boston recorded video for some of their trades....would be awesome to see the process down the road.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
4.25 for a 50 point two-way winger is not questionable in my opinion. Eriksson for Kassian is great value for us, but you hit the nail on the head with your last sentence, this team is not in a position to be trading future assets for win now pieces.

I would be fine with Eriksson for kassian. Guy is not 30 yet and can still score 30 IMO. Him and vrbata are great stop gaps until our youth is ready.

Boston needs to shed cap

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
4 different coaches, 3 GM's and 2 organizations... this isn't their failing IF he's traded again, it's his at this point.

He was 21 and 22 with his first two coaches. Of course he had some growing pains with them. The third coach got the most out of him and the fourth one never gave him a chance. The first GM traded him for what they thought was a clear upgrade and the second GM obviously liked him since he acquired him. Kassian's not as stupid as you guys think. He clearly knows whats going on and sees guys like Vey get spoonfed prime minutes while his great second half last year gets called out by Benning as not mattering because we sucked. At least Benning's sheep will be happy because clearly that is all that matters.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC

Kassian's in danger of hitting Steve Bernier territory if he doesn't wake up soon. Getting bounced around from team to team.
At age 24 you have to start to show some progress. He's taken a step back again this year.
I'm tired of the litany of excuses for this guy.

Blob Mckenzie*

Benning can trade Kass for a 5th and posters will defend that somehow justify it.

Or he could get Madison Bowey and a 2nd and other posters would complain that he once said meat and potatoes or has a bad salad .

Or people could just eat popcorn and watch the chicken littles duke it out with the Benning boosters . I got a big bucket of popcorn .

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006

It's questionable given his recent concussion history. It's one of those things where you just never know when the other shoe will drop.

But healthy, yes, you are right.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Or he could get Madison Bowey and a 2nd and other posters would complain that he once said meat and potatoes or has a bad salad .

Or people could just eat popcorn and watch the chicken littles duke it out with the Benning boosters . I got a big bucket of popcorn .

If Benning got Madison Bowey alone for Kassian he would be instantly redeemed in many peoples eyes. However he hasn't done anything close to that yet so why would we give him credit for a move he hasn't and most likely never will complete?

Blob Mckenzie*

Some pretty credible people (Lebrun, McKenzie) have also weighed in weeks ago that they heard possible trade talks between the Canucks and Bruins. This rumour wasn't created out of thin air. It has legs.

Hockey Widow also recently said Kassian is as good as gone and she seems to have the most inside information when it comes to the current regime.

Relax . As someone who has known the Wids for fifteen years her batting average is nothing to write home about . Everyone freaking out before anything happens.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
Hopefully Benning and co are the ones leaking these rumours to see if they can raise interest a bit an get a little more out of Boston or whomever.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
I would be fine with Eriksson for kassian. Guy is not 30 yet and can still score 30 IMO. Him and vrbata are great stop gaps until our youth is ready.

Boston needs to shed cap

You can also move Eriksson at next years deadline for future pieces if we're out of contention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad