Speculation: Possible Destinations for Max Pacioretty

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
That was the point. He'd have to come with another hugely discounted contract to be worth anywhere close to those packages the poster mentioned.
And we know it will cost more than 5. Sign and trade at 5 is just more wishful thinking.
Think 7 and decide if you are gonna resign him at that price if he gets back to 25 g 55 pts range. If answer is no then trade him asap. No point in waiting.
Transfer the risk of another weak season to someone else.

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016
And we know it will cost more than 5. Sign and trade at 5 is just more wishful thinking.
Think 7 and decide if you are gonna resign him at that price if he gets back to 25 g 55 pts range. If answer is no then trade him asap. No point in waiting.
Transfer the risk of another weak season to someone else.

I really don't think you're getting what I am saying. I have no interest in trading for or signing him. The point was, he would have to come very cheap on his next contract for either Carolina or Edmonton to ever even consider the packages that were suggested. And since he won't, the trades proposed in the post I replied to, are ludicrous. I'm not trying to debate what Pacioretty will get on his new deal, just pointing out how ridiculous those packages were....

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
I really don't think you're getting what I am saying. I have no interest in trading for or signing him. The point was, he would have to come very cheap on his next contract for either Carolina or Edmonton to ever even consider the packages that were suggested. And since he won't, the trades proposed in the post I replied to, are ludicrous. I'm not trying to debate what Pacioretty will get on his new deal, just pointing out how ridiculous those packages were....
Yes. On same page my man. Not arguing at all. "We" know...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad