Confirmed with Link: Pospisil extended 2 years, 1m AAV

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Love this player, and wanted him up for a couple years for a cup of coffee. Glad he took his chance and ran with it.

IIRC, we were always concerned he was going to pan out due to injuries. I'm glad that's not the case and he's likely going to be a full time NHLER in the next few years.

Reactions: joescores

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Personally, I hoped he could get slightly more monies the way he works his body and he defo plays for the crest rather than number. We all know he deserves more but hey- very glad he is a Flame for 2 more years. Well done Marty and Conny (you wheeler dealer 😀)

Reactions: Bounces R Way

Khrox

May 31, 2018
Insane deal
Not really, on the roster he is worth more than that realistically. We would struggle to get an FA at that dollar value that provides what Pospisil does. And if he happens to fall off a cliff, you can completely bury it in the AHL

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Not really, on the roster he is worth more than that realistically. We would struggle to get an FA at that dollar value that provides what Pospisil does. And if he happens to fall off a cliff, you can completely bury it in the AHL
I'm just guessing but the poster might have meant insanely good deal. Because no way anyone could think a deal just above league minimum could be insanely bad, no matter who the player is.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
I mean it's an insanely good deal.
He should have been able to get $2m, his agent did him dirty imo

Reactions: Kahvi

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
Its not insane good or bad.

Popisil is a warm body that fans love but he has little to no impact on the ice. The deal he signed is for a player like that.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
I'm guilty of thinking he was done lastyear after his latest concussion. But this is the exact type of player we need for the next few years. He'll become a fan fav, well even more so.

Its not insane good or bad.

Popisil is a warm body that fans love but he has little to no impact on the ice. The deal he signed is for a player like that.
No impact? He's the guy that;ll be the 1st in scrums and standing up for teamates. That has impact.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
I'm guilty of thinking he was done lastyear after his latest concussion. But this is the exact type of player we need for the next few years. He'll become a fan fav, well even more so.

No impact? He's the guy that;ll be the 1st in scrums and standing up for teamates. That has impact.

Anyone can be the first guy into scrums. He is on pace for 20 points this year, that isn't great. As I said he is a decent warm body to fill a role that is easily replaceable which is why he signed the deal that he did.

He also can't really stand up for teammates because he can't fight, both in terms of his ability to fight and his concussion history, so all he has is cheap shots and dumb pushing after the whistle that does nothing.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Anyone can be the first guy into scrums. He is on pace for 20 points this year, that isn't great. As I said he is a decent warm body to fill a role that is easily replaceable which is why he signed the deal that he did.

He also can't really stand up for teammates because he can't fight, both in terms of his ability to fight and his concussion history, so all he has is cheap shots and dumb pushing after the whistle that does nothing.
Anyone can but very few do. Thats why someone like Lomberg has played for so long.
Pops is actually a good fighter for his size, but I agree he hopefully doesn't take too many more knocks to the head.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
Anyone can but very few do. Thats why someone like Lomberg has played for so long.
Pops is actually a good fighter for his size, but I agree he hopefully doesn't take too many more knocks to the head.

Sure but look at what Lomberg gets paid. That's why the deal isn't insanely good, players like Popisil don't get paid much at all, his deal is fair value for what he and others bring.

Oh look, it's the guy again who has never said anything positive about the Flames.

The team missed the play-offs last year, out of the play-offs again this year.

Is there a whole lot of positives to brag about with this current team? Is there some reason to be fake positive rather than honest?

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
The team missed the play-offs last year, out of the play-offs again this year.

Is there a whole lot of positives to brag about with this current team? Is there some reason to be fake positive rather than honest?
wait what, I didn't quote you, why are you replying to me?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00