Positives of this season

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Okay, so things have gone REALLY badly for us this year.
It is easy (and fun) to ***** and moan when things go poorly. We all know the negatives about this year. The point of this thread is to list the positives.

Karlsson has seemed to regain his speed.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
A ton of learning has happened. People learn from mistakes.

Edit: serious

Last edited:

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Karlsson has seemed to regain his speed.

I'd be more concerned on his horrible showing of pivots today :( His forward skating is useless if he can't pivot and turn in the defensive zone like he used to.

It's the reason why he doesn't go into the corner boards anymore or gets got flat-footed from speedy wingers.... argh. He does seem to be getting better, i think.

Positives though:

*crickets*

Turris excellent consistent 2 way play.
MacArthur role and play
Methot much better 2nd half
CCCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEEECCCCCCCCCCIIIIIIIII
DaCosta
Stone
Glimpses of Zibanejad da superstar
Hoffman
HEMSKY
Lehner's first half

Most importantly:

Binghamton Senators.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Remember to just keep things positive here. Keep the sarcasm out of it.

You don't say to a kid that wet the bed "at least you didn't **** yourself!"

Slow Hands

The feels
Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
I really hope we re-sign MacArthur. I'd like to see him as a part of the core moving forward. Strong work ethic and you can tell he cares.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
The biggest positive for me is that key players have regained form after horrible injuries. Karlsson has already been mentioned. Spezza's back surgery led to questions about whether he would be healthy. Andy was hurt pretty badly in the NYR game last year, especially considering the importance of ankles and mobility to goaltenders. Michalek's knees were so beat up that he was forced to try radical treatments in Europe.

Each of these players started off badly, but all of the came on as the year progressed. A full season will all of them healthy sees us gaining extra points in the standings even if we make no changes.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Spezza returning to form, Karlsson too. Gryba has been impressive this year and Ceci has been good too. Turris took a step forward this year.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Robin Lehner Getting games to learn more

Curtis Lazar finding offence while be drafted as a defensive forward

Mika Zibanejad, Cowen, Gryba Wiercioch should be over their softmore slumps this season

Jason Spezza getting back to form

Karlsson Getting back to form

MtRundle

We once were warriors.
Apr 29, 2013
Toronto
Ceci could be real good.
Zibanejad with more seasonig could be a #1b.
MacArthur actually gives a crap and isn't afraid of speaking his mind

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
  • MacArthur
  • Spezza's turnaround in the 2nd half
  • Ryan's first half?
  • EK getting his peed back
  • Cody Ceci
  • Hoffman
  • Hemsy with Spezza

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
Pretty much reinforcing what most others are saying. Ah well. In some particular order:

-Ceci looks like the real deal, just so solid and suddenly showing very quick (and smart) decision-making.

-Hemsky! If he re-signs we'll finally have someone to play with Cap'n Chuckles. Love his gung ho tenacity in the offensive end.

-MacArthur. 'Nuff said.

-Karlsson seems to have not only regained his speed, but also his confidence/defensive awareness. Haven't seen nearly as many awful blunders in the second half compared to the first half of the season.

-Turris keeps on keeping on, and is still useful even during his offensive dry spells.

-Hoffman's just looking better and better all the time, resembling an NHLer more than just a young(ish) call-up.

-Stone was looking good before his injury, another guy who seemed to play relatively well with Spez.

-The "young core." When guys like Spezza, Phillips & Neil were out with respective injuries, the team inexplicably (yet consistently) played better. Almost as if the "best players" were eating too much ice time...

-Joe Corvo's contract should be up soon.

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
The Alfie transition year is over. The leadership for the team should be well sorted out going into next season. The team looked lost to many times without him there to calm the ship.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
One other one that is sort of touched on already in the Hemsky mentions, but man it is nice seeing the team with 6 top 6 players in our top 6. I am really hoping we sign Hossa. The thought of both top lines clicking at the same time is just sick.

Edit: Meant Hemsky not Hossa. One brain and two threads is a bad mix for me tonight.

Last edited:

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
One other one that is sort of touched on already in the Hemsky mentions, but man it is nice seeing the team with 6 top 6 players in our top 6. I am really hoping we sign Hossa. The thought of both top lines clicking at the same time is just sick.

is this a typo or is there a rumor he is getting bought out?

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Actually most of the individual players have been good. Cowen looks reset finally. It's the overall structure and system that I think is letting everyone down.
New coach and system should fix a lot.

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
Actually most of the individual players have been good. Cowen looks reset finally. It's the overall structure and system that I think is letting everyone down.
New coach and system should fix a lot.

Obviously from my AV and username I was expecting a better year from Cowen. The surgery took a lot more from him than I think was anticipated, and with a longer off season, looking for a return to form for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad