Positive Only Playoff Mojo and Avatar Change Thread

braindead

Jul 14, 2005
The cookie spoke
Pretty much what the rambling thread title says... we need a positive only thread for some change of pace. Also, a random avatar change seemed appropriate. I've gone with the cotton candy machine. Simple and hopefully effective in cranking out CC in quantity. Pie oven anyone?

My positive thought of the day: Rinne has a history of popping out of funks and into beast mode without warning. He will do it. 1st round MVP.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
my positive thought of the day. everyone knows we're a big underdog. they won't be afraid of us. we might catch them looking ahead. it could happen.

Liquidfire3240

Aug 14, 2009
Murfreesboro, TN
Anyone know where you can get the 2015 decent high res logos for the playoffs?
Like the teams stanley cup playoff logos?
2015_Stanley_Cup_playoffs_logo.png

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
my positive thought of the day. everyone knows we're a big underdog. they won't be afraid of us. we might catch them looking ahead. it could happen.

kinda like we did against phoenix.

I am some type of bizarre hockey version of a gyroscope.... no matter how hard this freaking team knocks me off center, as long as we are playing, I'll keep watching, and hoping...

I would however, like to cast a vote against going to a board theme for playoff avatars... I like idea of changing from what you've had during the season, and I like the random ones like the pink CC machine, Jam, and Spock... but I would not want a one size fits all theme like a lot of boards do... we went the whole season without an avatar theme, no need to start one now

Im gonna miss Nonnie, but I need a change

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham

Its funny- if you look around outside of this board, we really are not that much of an underdog in this series- even in Vegas we still have decent odds to win the conference and Cup (unfortunately our first round opponent just happens to be favored to win West Conference though).

Looks like the rest of the hockey world gives us a heck of a lot better chance than our own fans do. Again, I do understand the Hawks have a playoff legacy of success and that is huge, but many seem to be completely ignoring the fact that they aren't playing any better than we are, and despite a roster loaded with stars, WE FINISHED AHEAD OF THEM.....

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
As sad and angry as I've been, I am down to be positive and rock avatars.

From looking around the league, it seems that the self-deprication avatars tend to be the funniest and best ones.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
Its funny- if you look around outside of this board, we really are not that much of an underdog in this series- even in Vegas we still have decent odds to win the conference and Cup (unfortunately our first round opponent just happens to be favored to win West Conference though).

Looks like the rest of the hockey world gives us a heck of a lot better chance than our own fans do. Again, I do understand the Hawks have a playoff legacy of success and that is huge, but many seem to be completely ignoring the fact that they aren't playing any better than we are, and despite a roster loaded with stars, WE FINISHED AHEAD OF THEM.....

dude, look at the playoff poll thread if you think it's just the pred board that is doubtful... 408 votes for Hawks winning versus 138 for us.. we are decisive underdogs in hockey fans minds.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
dude, look at the playoff poll thread if you think it's just the pred board that is doubtful... 408 votes for Hawks winning versus 138 for us.. we are decisive underdogs in hockey fans minds.

Dude, you aren't listening to what I am saying-

I'm not arguing we are the underdog, I'm just saying the outside hockey world gives us a lot better chance than our fans. (And I am not going by fan polls on a message board- of course that will be slanted towards Chicago as they have 20 times the number of fans that we do on the boards).

Even so, the playoff poll you quoted gives us 24% of the vote- based on what I am reading on here I guarantee you a poll of just our own fans we wouldn't get 24%.

RCola88

Jun 4, 2013
Nashville, TN
If we can get a good forecheck going early on in Game 1, I can see the top 6 causing a lot of problems. When we start to slow down and play neutral zone hockey we get in trouble. One positive thing, the Hawks dominate possession but I am confident that our quick D can keep up with them. Staying in position, and getting the puck back will be the biggest issue of this series though.

Needless to say, this is going to be a hell of a series. I just hope the boys bring back that mojo they had 3/4th of the year.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
While I would choose to be rolling like MN or OTT right now, think about it - as dominant as they've been for the last 35 games, we still finished with more points than either, in the toughest division in hockey.

It's not like we've had career-years carry us, either. Flip better than expected, Neal way less. Ribs better- our entire 3rd line MIA. Josi up at ES, but our PP abysmal. Ek a bit better, but Goose lost a ton of FOs when they mattered and our PK was mediocre. In the end, Peks was Peks, Webs was Webs, Fish was Fish, Smith was Smith, and Willy maybe had the growth we were waiting on.

We were, in the end, the 3rd best team in the west - that's what the 82 games show. Now it comes down to pulling heads out of dark places, being healthy, and leadership. It's been a few disappointing weeks, and we may not have quite the depth of talent as the "favorites", but we have a Captain and a Goalie who have proven capable as leaders and as beasts, we got a PO-proven coach, and games aren't played on paper, they're played on ice - in this case, our HOME ice. Drop the d&*^ puck, it's PO hockey time in SMASHVILLE!!!

Predarat

Aug 16, 2005
Pretty much what the rambling thread title says... we need a positive only thread for some change of pace. Also, a random avatar change seemed appropriate. I've gone with the cotton candy machine. Simple and hopefully effective in cranking out CC in quantity. Pie oven anyone?

My positive thought of the day: Rinne has a history of popping out of funks and into beast mode without warning. He will do it. 1st round MVP.

Cotton Candy, Dollah Dollah Dollah Dollah!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad