Pre-Game Talk: Porked in New York. Jan. 3rd, 5pm

Do you want Coach Tippett to lose 10 games in a row?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
I find it difficult to cheer for a loss, but it might be for the best to get pounded the last two games of the trip, and then we have a decent amount of time off in the next few weeks, so if a coaching change is coming, it’s probably later this week, or it’s not going to happen till the summer.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I'll never cheer for a loss, but if they are going to lose, don't be one of those "the guys deserved a better fate" losses that Dave likes to hang his hat on.

Reactions: NedPlimpton

summer tooth

Aug 10, 2020
This game seems like it could be a fun one but also could be a bad one. It's the only game on, so might be a lot of foks watching.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Wasn't Eakins fired after a Rangers game after a similar stretch of horrid losses?

Fire the coach, don't fire the coach, he's not leading us to a cup and he's not being renewed. Give Woodcroft or Gulutzan a tryout while you conduct your search that should have already started.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
GG won't be behind the bench due to COVID protocol so the team might be even more lethargic than usual.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Honestly we should keep Tippett on staff after the season as an adviser, and just do the opposite of his line up suggestions

This would be the ideal scenario, similar to what Hitch did. But I doubt Tip has any interest of staying if he's demoted, especially given the current pressure cooker situation.

Have a feeling Tippett's bff Ron Francis is going to ring him if he isn't renewed, to replace Hakstol after an abysmal inaugural season.

Reactions: ZJuice

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Rangers will have the fresher legs to start Oil should be able to outplay them 2nd and 3rd but I have a feeling we"re down 3-1 after 1st

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
I think this thread title would have benefited from being longer.

“Porked in New York, and…”

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
I'll never cheer for a loss, but if they are going to lose, don't be one of those "the guys deserved a better fate" losses that Dave likes to hang his hat on.

Outside of the Toronto game we really haven’t been wrecked all year.

Maybe if we get our doors blown off to the tune of 7-2 something happens.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Oh for f*** sakes. We need to win.

We're stuck with Tipp regardless of how long the losing streak gets.

You guys seem to forget. There is no 10 game losing streak 'breaking point'.

I hope I'm wrong but I think we all know we're stuck with Tippett till seasons end.

Also Babcock isn't an improvement.

Reactions: Gh0st
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad