Speculation: Poll: Who's the first RFA Chevy signs?

Poll: Who's the first RFA Chevy signs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
It would be interesting if people also put in a comment as to what they guess each contract will be (other than for Trouba which already has been discussed for months).

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Do you mean out of the way? I can't tell for sure because out've isn't English. The letters "ve" have no relation to the word "of". "Ve" is a contraction for the word have, as in "You should have" or "You should've."

Wikipedia:List of English contractions - Wikipedia
Thanks for the important contribution, complete with a Wikipedia link. :thumbu:

You are completely correct. The correct form is "outta", which is akin to "sorta" ("a" is the appropriate replacement for "of").

Maybe we need to have a sticky post to list the appropriate slang, lingo, acronyms and contractions to avoid these abominations in the future. :laugh:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Well, finally something has happened. :) :laugh:

That is a little above the high end of the range I expected (6 even) as was Morrow. This is getting tighter.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Thanks for the important contribution, complete with a Wikipedia link. :thumbu:

You are completely correct. The correct form is "outta", which is akin to "sorta" ("a" is the appropriate replacement for "of").

Maybe we need to have a sticky post to list the appropriate slang, lingo, acronyms and contractions to avoid these abominations in the future. :laugh:
Sorry I'm too busy creating prospect threads every day so have to slang it up ;)

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Or the GM knows more than you do?

Wanna bet Buff gets dealt next off season?

Or it is exactly as I stated. The cap situation is growing tighter.

Do you wanna bet Buff gets traded next off-season? Which end of the bet do you want? What point are you trying to make by raising that question?

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Or it is exactly as I stated. The cap situation is growing tighter.

Do you wanna bet Buff gets traded next off-season? Which end of the bet do you want? What point are you trying to make by raising that question?

Im telling you to stop pretending you actually know more than the GM. Its actually laughable at this point reading your posts where u are convinced you know it all.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Good call by many people in this poll.

Well, it's the first announced signing. We'll never know if other signings have been done and they're just sitting on the news. JC could be lounging at the lake in an "I'm the captain" T-shirt with a shiny new contract in his back pocket, but has been told to keep it under wraps for a big reveal later.

Also, does this mean Hellebuyck can now afford a GF upgrade? :)

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Im telling you to stop pretending you actually know more than the GM. Its actually laughable at this point reading your posts where u are convinced you know it all.

What is laughable is your inability to understand that all I'm doing is arithmetic. Where have I ever said I know more than the GM? Or are you saying that he uses some kind of math where 2+2=3?

If you don't like my posts you aren't required to read them.

Reactions: Arthur Fonzarelli

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
What is laughable is your inability to understand that all I'm doing is arithmetic. Where have I ever said I know more than the GM? Or are you saying that he uses some kind of math where 2+2=3?

If you don't like my posts you aren't required to read them.

Right.. You are doing math. Congrats. But what you don't know is huge.. You dont know who will be traded.. Who wont be signed and all sorts of things.. I think what we will see here is minus Little.. The transition from Buff Wheeler leadership to Scheif Lowry Trouba..

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Right.. You are doing math. Congrats. But what you don't know is huge.. You dont know who will be traded.. Who wont be signed and all sorts of things.. I think what we will see here is minus Little.. The transition from Buff Wheeler leadership to Scheif Lowry Trouba..

I've made some projections based on what we do know. I've never claimed they would turn out to be precise. They are not predictions. They are projections. Huge difference that seems to have escaped you. I deliberately assumed as close to status quo as possible simply to avoid unpredictable moves.

As things become set I update my projections. This is a normal method used everywhere for planning and budgeting.

Now you are making highly speculative predictions. Who is claiming to know more than the GM now? Or more accurately, who is claiming to know what the GM is thinking and planning? Who is the know it all now?

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Do you mean out of the way? I can't tell for sure because out've isn't English. The letters "ve" have no relation to the word "of". "Ve" is a contraction for the word have, as in "You should have" or "You should've."

Wikipedia:List of English contractions - Wikipedia

Correcting grammar & spelling is an offence on hfboards.

These boards are littered with errors. Bad grammar annoys me too, but if you hadn't noticed emoji's are used here...:ha:

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
848.jpg

Their, that outta've dun it. :P

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad