Poll: Who To Pick At 2 OA

If we win the 2nd lottery, who do you want to draft?

• Total voters

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Would love to have a Rantanen type on our club to go along with Keller & Schmaltz. Play the Minny model until we win the lottery or find a #1C, which I don't believe Cooley is, so gimme the big winger to add to our top 6.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I am torn...

BPA is Cooley. Last undersized guy I really worried about his size and stature turned out OK (Mitch Marner).

The potential impact of a big, mobile, aggressive RHD with a booming shot though...Jiricek has been compared to Detroit's Seider.

Have to go BPA so I voted Cooley. Man, I really have to hope he puts on some man strength.

Last edited:
Reactions: AZviaNJ

IrishFin

Jun 9, 2016
I had to go with Slafkovsky, but I wouldn’t be upset at any of these options at 2. Looking at this list, it wouldn’t be the worst thing if we did end up dropping to 4th overall. I think we are in a good spot no matter what and this isn’t the draft year to worry about the lottery results. Winning 1st overall would be nice though.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Based only on what I'm seeing at the U18 tournament, Cooley is ABSOLUTELY going to be a 1C.

Despite that, I voted Jiricek.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
This might be a dumb question, but is there any chance Wright doesn't go 1OA?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I am torn...

BPA is Cooley. Last undersized guy I really worried about his size and stature turned out OK (Mitch Marner).

The potential impact of a big, mobile, aggressive RHD with a booming shot though...Jiricek has been compared to Detroit's Seider.

Have to go BPA so I voted Cooley. Man, I really have to hope he puts on some man strength.
I haven’t seen Cooley do the things I’ve seen Slafkovsky do. I think Slafkovsky is a special player. I like Cooley a lot. But I don’t think he’s nearly as unique.
Post automatically merged:

This might be a dumb question, but is there any chance Wright doesn't go 1OA?
If he continues to have a lackluster playoffs there’s a very small chance. Especially if New Jersey wins.

gorsk11

Logan Cooley for the win.
Jun 25, 2008
AZ
I was thinking Slaf since the olympics but its pretty even for me. Will be happy with anyone in the top 4 honestly. But was impressed with Cooley this week. So went Cooley. But next week I might change my mind.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I was thinking Slaf since the olympics but its pretty even for me. Will be happy with anyone in the top 4 honestly. But was impressed with Cooley this week. So went Cooley. But next week I might change my mind.
Next week, this thread reads “who to pick at 4”. Haha

Lots of love for Slaf based on a limited resume. IMO higher bust potential than Cooley.
I can’t imagine BA picking a 5’10 player with a top five pick.

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix

I see BA's list as:

1) Wright
2) Slafkovsky
3) Jiricek

No clue who he's taking at 4 if those three are gone. One of Cooley or Nemec I guess. I'd swing for Nemec and move up for a C in the teens. We'll get our 1C in '23.

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be

Nope

Screenshot_20220501-214751_Sports.jpg

gorsk11

Logan Cooley for the win.
Jun 25, 2008
AZ
Patrick Kane was a generational player.

Cooley isn’t even the best center in this draft.
So other than 5'10 what part of his game do you not like? Wright is likely gone at #1...

He looks to have all the tools to me.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
So other than 5'10 what part of his game do you not like? Wright is likely gone at #1...

He looks to have all the tools to me.
For me personally, Cooley’s lack of size is the only concern I have about him. It’s not that I don’t like Cooley. I have him ranked 4th. I’m the biggest Cutter Gauthier fanboy out there, and I have Cooley ranked ahead of him. Of all the talented Americans in this draft, I have Cooley number one.

For me, I like Slafkovsky a lot more. But Cooley is pretty darn close to Nemec for me. And frankly, if this scouting team chose Cooley at 2nd overall, that stamp of approval would be enough for me. I’d just be pumped.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad