Prospect Info: Poll: Who Do You Want The Devils To Draft First?

What's your preference for the Devils at #6 overall?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Assuming the Devils DO NOT win a lottery pick, what would be your best case scenario for the Devils with the #6 overall pick? I'm very curious what the consensus is on the Devils HF Boards. Also, I thought it would be fun and this quarantine is driving me batty.

In addition, if you feel like explaining the reasoning for your vote in the comments section, I think that would be helpful as well.

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
I went Drysdale. I think leaving the draft with the, arguably, best available defender at 6OA still leaves potential to grab two high-upside forwards with our other two picks in a deep FWD draft. You could argue that he's not only Best Available at #6, but helps fill a need on D, although we'd prefer him to be a LHD. Our forwards are shaping up better IMHO, and we still need some blue-chip talent on the blue line which is hard to come by unless you draft it yourself.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I went Drysdale. I think leaving the draft with the, arguably, best available defender at 6OA still leaves potential to grab two high-upside forwards with our other two picks in a deep FWD draft. You could argue that he's not only Best Available at #6, but helps fill a need on D, although we'd prefer him to be a LHD. Our forwards are shaping up better IMHO, and we still need some blue-chip talent on the blue line which is hard to come by unless you draft it yourself.
I went with Rossi because I don't think Drysdale is there. We can take Rossi and hope Sanderson is there with AZs pick.

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
Stutzle --> Drysdale --> Rossi

I typically focus on a top 3 and include players that have a chance of being picked before the Devils spot. I will be happy with any of the guys above.
Smith was in my top 3 for 2018 for example.

Reactions: StevenToddIves

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
I went with Rossi because I don't think Drysdale is there. We can take Rossi and hope Sanderson is there with AZs pick.
I mean, sure, but I thought this exercise was predicated on the options "being available" at 6. Otherwise I'd likely have gone Rossi, too.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
I mean, sure, but I thought this exercise was predicated on the options "being available" at 6. Otherwise I'd likely have gone Rossi, too.

"Being available" was a condition, which is why I left Lafreniere and Byfield off the list. I also think it's highly unlikely that Stutzle lasts until 6 -- he's really emerged as the consensus #3 overall -- but I think there's at least a chance of it, so I left him on the list.

The smart money says the Devils will get one of Drysdale/Holtz/Perfetti/Raymond/Rossi.

Reactions: GameSeven

longislanddevil

Jun 16, 2011
I went Drysdale- I have three of these players ranked so close together that it’s very difficult for me to pick. The “tiebreaker” here is Drysdale fits a position of need.

With this said, the beauty of picking 6 (assuming 7-15th do not win a lottery ball) is the Devils are guaranteed one of Drysdale/Stutzle/Rossi/Holtz. It’s kind of nice not having to make that tough decision. I’d be thrilled with any of these four prospects at six.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
If Ottawa picks twice before us, I just can't see them passing on Drysdale to add a star D and a star F in the same draft.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
If Stutzle is available gotta think he should 100% be the pick. I still picked him here, but in case he isn't available at 6 I think Rossi is next up for me.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
*IF* the separation of players from 3-8 is just razor thin (which seems to be the case), I'd have to think we'd have to go by projected need in 2-3 years when the pick is probably going to start having an impact.

Because of this, my top two are:

Drysdale - While we have plenty of depth in the system on the left side, we currently only really have Walsh and McCarthy on the right. We need someone to replace Vatanen an eventually Subban. I'm not sure either are the solution. I suppose we can play Smith on the right if needed.

Holtz - We've been looking for another shooter. We've been looking for a player with some size. We've been looking for top 6 right wings. We don't really have any that project to be top 6. MAYBE Anderson or Bastian, but they're both looking like bottom 6ers. We don't know if we'll have Palms and/or Goose in 2 years. I put Holtz lower on the list because if we miss out on him, we have a shot at Quinn, who can do much of Holtz can.

After that, I'd probably go Stutzel, then Rossi.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
a lot of people voted rossi, but the poll was which of these players we'd take if they were available at 6, so i can't imagine not taking the BPA in this list.

that being said, i went holtz because we are desperate for talented young forwards, ESPECIALLY at the RW position - our draft history doesn't have many excellent options except for clarke and thompson, but they're only in their d+1 years (though tyce is older..).

but it should be between drysdale and holtz imo.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Best case scenario is Stutzle but it’s a longshot. I’d be happy with Rossi but I’d really like to see a top3 pick so we don’t have to depend on drops. Let our guys have their choice.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Theoretically, if ALL of these players are still on the board at #6, I'd take Drysdale -> Stutzle -> Rossi. But I don't think Drysdale or Stutzle have a prayer at still being there.

I think Rossi is probably the guy we should be targeting. I could be convinced into taking Holtz, Perfetti, or Raymond.

Reactions: GameSeven

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Went with Rossi just because I don't think Drysdale or Stutzle will be there unless we win up to #3.

Holtz would be my 2nd choice after Rossi.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad