Poll: Who do you think will win the Draft Lottery?

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
I am not sure you follow...it is not relevant if you can choose a team. The other poll you have to pick a team the sabres or 29 other teams and in this poll you have the teams. Technically it should work out to the same. Not sure why you bolded TEAM. Which actually it is only off by 4%. Both polls you can say are the same. This one just gives you the choice of team for the people who feel the sabres wont win the lottery.

People are making the most appropriate choice based on the math. The other poll, there is an 80% chance we will not win the lottery, and that choice is the dominant one. This poll, the sabres have the highest percentage at 20%, and that choice is the dominant one. Its simple really

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I am not sure you follow...it is not relevant if you can choose a team. The other poll you have to pick a team the sabres or 29 other teams and in this poll you have the teams. Technically it should work out to the same. Not sure why you bolded TEAM. Which actually it is only off by 4%. Both polls you can say are the same. This one just gives you the choice of team for the people who feel the sabres wont win the lottery.

You're wrong because they're two completely different questions. If one is to answer either question rationally, based on extremely simple mathematics, then the most likely outcome between "Sabres vs. everyone else" is everyone else and the most likely of all lottery-bound teams is the Sabres. If the questions are being solely answered with gut-feeling (irrational) guesses for fun then sure, you'd be right, the two questions should be answered the same way, but that's kind of a silly thing when the lottery is something determined by a randomized drawing. Making a prediction here is not like predicting the outcome of a game between a good team and a bad team where there are rational reasons to back the bad team winning. This is pure chance. Choosing anything but the most mathematically likely outcome isn't very rational. The first question asks people to choose between 20% and 80%, with the latter obviously being the most likely outcome of the two. This question asks people to choose between 20%, 13.5%, etc etc, with 20% obviously being the most likely of all choices to win the lottery. The two questions are not at all the same.

Willis

Aug 2, 2005
McDavid to Carolina would expand their fan base from 40 to like 41. Maybe.

Yes but for the NHL that's a 2.5% jump in the fanbase. For you guys or us I don't believe we would really grow the fanbase.

Sabretip

Jan 13, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Kind of obvious to say but it really is a matter of which comes easier: optimism or pessimism....

The optimists point to the 20% odds that give the 30th team the best chance of winning the 1st pick.

The pessimists point to the 80% odd that the 30th team won't keep the 1st pick.

For suffering Buffalo fans, it's just as easy to say "we deserve a break for once" in the face of all the adversity and bad luck the franchise has endured as it is to dwell on that adversity and say "we're cursed and will lose out again".

I've sure been on both sides of the emotional fence in the past but am clinging to the positive outlook on this one and trusting McDavid will be a Sabre.

P.S. If either Toronto or Arizona (aka Regier) end up winning the lottery instead, I will be disgusted beyond belief.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
P.S. If either Toronto or Arizona (aka Regier) end up winning the lottery instead, I will be disgusted beyond belief.

If either of them win I will wonder if the lottery was rigged. lol

Arizona because the league wants to help that franchise, Toronto because Rogers will demand they get something to help the ratings for all the money they gave the league

krt88

Jun 19, 2002
Fayetteville, NC
cybionscape.com
Sabres are only 20% to win, didn't win last year not that it mattered, because I think we would have picked Samson just the same.

I see lots of people are thinking conspiracy theory with Toronto. If the NHL was to ever rig a draft lottery, this would be the year to do it. Give the Leafs the generational player. I just don't see it happening.

I vote Arizona because at 20%, it's a guessing games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad