• Dylan Cozens

Votes: 28 41.8%
  • Casey Mittelstadt

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
It was a joke since we keep trading these pieces away and they find success somewhere else.
It is probable he will find a useful role on just about any other well run team. But that is another discussion altogether.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
I think all three can be core pieces and shouldn’t be traded.

But if I had to pick one, I suppose Mitts because of contract situation

• Love
Reactions: Fearnot

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
I would turn the coaching staff over and/or move Cozens to RW before trying to trade anybody. If it came to it though, I'm trading Cozens. TT, when he's on, is more dangerous and not worse than Cozens in the other parts of the ice. Mitts has a contract coming up but that shouldn't be why he gets traded, when he's actually the most well rounded C of the three.

Adding to @Chainshot, for now I would go with -

Benson/Skinner - Thompson - Tuch
Quinn - Mitts - Peterka/Benson
Greenway - Krebs - Cozens
Robinson - Girgensons - Okposo

When Skinner returns, Peterka might need a sit.

Archie Lee

Apr 13, 2018
The only way I'm trading any of them is if we are the team that is getting the big piece. If we are trading one of our top 3 centres +, for an extended Elias Pettersson, or an extended Marner or for Aho or Barzal or Brady Tkachuk, then sure.

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
I'm fine with trading any of the 3 if it results in a better team make up. Problem is I have zero faith in that happening.

A separate problem is, I'm not convinced 2 of them are most effective at center. So if I'm trading one that's what I'm trading for.

Reactions: BuffaloMango

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Since I had to pick one I picked Mittelstadt. There is no trade that makes sense though. You develop a player so you can trade him and what? Get younger? Move another kid into his spot? Trade him for more futures? A team looking to acquire him isn’t going to give a hockey trade. Adams is completely incapable of finding NHL players or moving futures for needs. What is the trade that makes sense?

A team that doesn’t score enough trading their leading scorer for a grinder and a pick? Sounds like a disaster.

Jimmybarndoor2

Jul 24, 2021
Don can go too.
I just think the plan was to develop. So go lower budget on the staff. Don selected as he and re-assigned from within (Ellis). Others selected for “potential. When team “overachieved”, then had to retain staff.

This team has just a crap load of high first round picks, they should be playing better. 3 first overall on defence

Since hockey players are 6 years old, they are coached to “not bunch up” and “ go to the front of the net”. I just can’t believe that all of them have forgotten that, it must be what they are being coached to do

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
I'd trade cozens since he would likely have more value but I want to keep all 3

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
Tage still has the most value, and his production is easily replaced by MItts

Thus, you trade Tage. Not because he sucks, but he can obtain the most assets in return

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
I would trade Cozens to RW to begin to unf*** his game. I would break up the happy funtime daycare line of Peterka-Cozens-Quinn forever more. But I wouldn't trade any of the three.
Same. I'm an incrementalist. Make the least disruptive move first, before contemplating more drastic action. Cozens skill set is so much more suited to wing than center.

If forced to choose, Cozens would go. Casey is so much more versatile, and Tage, with all his flaws, can be a game-breaker.

Reactions: Faceboner

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Same. I'm an incrementalist. Make the least disruptive move first, before contemplating more drastic action. Cozens skill set is so much more suited to wing than center.

If forced to choose, Cozens would go. Casey is so much more versatile, and Tage, with all his flaws, can be a game-breaker.

If I had to choose one of the three? I would rather not deal any of them because then it's more winger at center nonsense like we've seen with Greenway or Girgensons.

I would deal Tage. I've seen Cozens play a responsible 200' game and carry a couple of wingers around who are varying degrees of disinterested or chaotic. I haven't seen Tage be good in his own zone that I can recall. He has moments when he can break teams down and wants to be in Buffalo. I just need to see him make smarter winning puck decisions instead of trying to be the Toe Drag Savant. And I would put that partially on coaching.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
So many of our fans are just like our owner:

They never learn. They never NEVER learn.

Over the past 6 years we have gotten rid of guys who if you were to put them together as a roster would be a strong cup contender and arguably the favorite. When will people learn that you can have the finest ingredients on Earth but if the restaurant is run by a guy who caused the bar rescue guy to throw his hands in the air and go "I give up" and the chef is the worst contestant in the history of "America's Worst Cooks" the solution isn't "we need to get better ingredients!".

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
We have the futures assets to make trades without trading away our high potential young NHLers.

Power, Dahlin, Samuelsson, Thompson, Cozens, Mitts, Quinn, and Peterka can all stay

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
If forced to choose........I think I lean Tage. Cozens has that C/W thing and can be defensively responsible and play all situations. Mitts is beastly with the puck and his possession skills are unreal.

Tage is more one-dimensional and much streakier.

Again, if this is a situation where I'm FORCED to choose.

In an ideal world, Tage centers an offensively-bent "first" line while Mitts and Cozens team up (with Benson?) to create a 2-way line.

Reactions: Irie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad