Boston Bruins Poll What would you do next?

As GM how do you deal with the stinkage secoundary scoring?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I would like to see Bjork in top 6 however the bruins have not inserted a kid from Providence yet. This has to happen before knee jerk trade takes place.

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
I dont make a trade until I cycle the current players a bit. Guys not performing scratch or send down and call up those hungry for a shot. I feel like there might be a lack of true competition in our forward core. At least among the bottom six. I'm not worried about the big three or Krejci.

Reactions: Blowfish

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
I feel these two questions are the same thing. You don't wait til the trade deadline with out doing call ups trough out the year.

Call up a Providence kid?

Wait it out / deal at trade deadline?

Either way I feel they should do both of these.

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
Sign Lee Stempniak and see where things lie at the deadline. Keep that capspace to add some real depth at the deadline if we are still in the hunt.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
I'd reach out to Rick Nash to see if he's feeling any better/wanting to play. I'd then plug him in on DK's line with JDB. I think he would have been a great fit in that spot if he didn't get concussed last year.

I have to think that they've stayed in contact with him. It's up to him and his health as he has to make the right choice - but he's exactly what they're missing out there.

Reactions: LSCII

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
At the very least, I'd wait until after this weekend to assess the team's needs. This way you have six games, three in Boston, three for Providence, to better evaluate how changes can improve the roster.

Example is, say Cehlarik has a big weekend, while Backes continues to struggle, opening a spot for a change.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I went with changing up the existing lineup, because I really think that we have the right players here, but they aren't in positions to succeed. The main change would be breaking up the first line (blasphemy, I know!) and moving Pastrnak down with Krejci. This would slide DeBrusk back to his natural LW position and would obviously give both Krejci/JDB a legitimate scorer with them to get going more consistently offensively, since Pastrnak will not be held down. Then you slot up Heinen/Bjork into the top RW spot, and let them go. Marchand/Bergeron will produce, and both of those young players have the talent to "3rd wheel it" on their line. This also gets a 4th liner in Nordstrom, who doesn't belong anywhere a top 6 on a contending team, back to where he does belong.

Not against a call-up though. Cehlarik would be my main choice.

roflstomper

Barzal/Connor/Konecny
Sep 28, 2010
Rhode Island
Marchand - Bergeron - Bjork
Cehlarik - Krejci - Pastrnak
Debrusk - Backes - Heinen
Kuraly - Nordstrom - Wagner

If this didn't get people going major addition(s) would be required. Ex: Simmonds/Toffoli/etc. Not sure we have the resources.
Tread water until trade deadline, hope we're not in a position to not have home ice in the first round.
I would try to dump Zboril/Senyshyn/JFK(if I had all the info on him maybe not), while other teams may still be tricked into thinking they can be NHL players someday, for a Peverley type player.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I voted make a small trade but my small trade would be finding a legitimate 3rd line center. Also would consider switching up the top two lines.

Marchand-bergy-bjork
Debrusk-krejci-pastrnak

Tmac37

Apr 1, 2018
Formerly Tmac21
You compare this current forward group to last year and I say they are better.

Last season
63 37 88
74 46 51
43 20 42
4th line.

The goals should be coming soon, maybe when the mobile dmen get up to game shape.

That being said, Sweeney is definitely looking for his "Rick Nash" type addition for the stretch drive.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
You compare this current forward group to last year and I say they are better.

Last season
63 37 88
74 46 51
43 20 42
4th line.

The goals should be coming soon, maybe when the mobile dmen get up to game shape.

That being said, Sweeney is definitely looking for his "Rick Nash" type addition for the stretch drive.

Except at the beginning of last year backes was producing and Riley Nash killed it in the regular season.

This year backes has been terrible, has yet to produce a point in 9 games and Bjork been the only 3 line player who consistently performs well game in and game out, but he’s still not scoring.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
This is not a bad team. They're a little underwhelming right now but that's what happens when such a huge portion of your team only has 0-2 years of NHL experience. They're going to be inconsistent, they're going to be flat out bad, but they're learning and every game is progress for them. Luckily we have the best line in hockey firing on all cylinders. I would rather they struggle and learn now than after March.

I still think getting Krejci a really solid LW would be a huge boost, but that's a deadline move. Ideally, we find a young guy who fits well on Bergy's line and have Krejci and Pastrnak develop more on-ice chemistry. A minor addition might be nice but I think a shakeup trade would f*** up a team that's done pretty well considering the amount of injuries we've had.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Mix up the lines for a handful of games, not just a shift two. Cassidy might actually like what he sees.

Last edited:

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I would like to see Bjork in top 6 however the bruins have not inserted a kid from Providence yet. This has to happen before knee jerk trade takes place.
I'm with you. Try someone from Providence that you feel deserves a shot first, then trade if he doesn't work out.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
This is not a bad team. They're a little underwhelming right now but that's what happens when such a huge portion of your team only has 0-2 years of NHL experience. They're going to be inconsistent, they're going to be flat out bad, but they're learning and every game is progress for them. Luckily we have the best line in hockey firing on all cylinders. I would rather they struggle and learn now than after March.

I still think getting Krejci a really solid LW would be a huge boost, but that's a deadline move. Ideally, we find a young guy who fits well on Bergy's line and have Krejci and Pastrnak develop more on-ice chemistry. A minor addition might be nice but I think a shakeup trade would **** up a team that's done pretty well considering the amount of injuries we've had.
Just hope they don’t run the wheels off the best line in hockey by February.

Not sure what kids do for a slump buster anymore. Maybe a Fortnite marathon instead of one night of drunken love chasing? But they need to do it soon.

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal

If this didn't get people going major addition(s) would be required. Ex: Simmonds/Toffoli/etc. Not sure we have the resources.
Tread water until trade deadline, hope we're not in a position to not have home ice in the first round.
I would try to dump Zboril/Senyshyn/JFK(if I had all the info on him maybe not), while other teams may still be tricked into thinking they can be NHL players someday, for a Peverley type player.
This is also what i would do. But i would try to get a 3rd C to play with Debrusk.
Debrusk needs to get out of Krejci's line and Bjork seems like a good fit with the Bergeron line.

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH

sign me up for this .. love it.. my one slight change is to keep kuraly at center

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
React, but don't overreact.
From the goal out - 2 very good goalies, a very deep defense, and arguably the best forward line in the world.
Over time, figure out the middle 6 and move on.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
All through camp, I was touting Donato as our top 6 option, and Cehlarik as not quite good enough for that roll, but at this point, I don't see why we're not giving him a shot. Someone, and my apologies that I've forgotten who, posted a lineup the other day that has a 2nd line of Cehlarik-Krejci-Pasta, and I think that with DeBrusk going to Bergy's RW should be what we try next. I think Heinen-Backes-Bjork is a solid third line.

We're not setting any offensive records, but we're winning games. Try out another kid or two and if there's still no secondary scoring, then make a deal around the holiday trade freeze.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
I voted other.

I'd demote Rask and go with a Halak and Vladar combo until the deadline and then I trade Rask to the Kings for Tyler Toffoli and call up Kyle Keyser to start the playoffs and he leads the Bruins to their 7th Stanley Cup,with Toffoli scoring the Game winner in OT of game seven against Rask and the Kings on a dump-in from center-ice. Bruins win 1-0 and Zach Senyshyn takes home the Conn Smythe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad