Boston Bruins Poll What would you do next?

As GM how do you deal with the stinkage secoundary scoring?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I'm with you. Try someone from Providence that you feel deserves a shot first, then trade if he doesn't work out.

Yes next couple weeks will be big for struggling forwards Boston bruins and P bruins. Someone has to rise to the occasion soon otherwise a trade or like another poster mentioned look at signing Lee S?

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Marchand - Bergeron - Bjork
Cehlarik - Krejci - Pastrnak
Debrusk - Backes - Heinen
Kuraly - Nordstrom - Wagner

If this didn't get people going major addition(s) would be required. Ex: Simmonds/Toffoli/etc. Not sure we have the resources.
Tread water until trade deadline, hope we're not in a position to not have home ice in the first round.
I would try to dump Zboril/Senyshyn/JFK(if I had all the info on him maybe not), while other teams may still be tricked into thinking they can be NHL players someday, for a Peverley type player.

Like it! 4th line goes against top lines much like last game against Dallas.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Yes next couple weeks will be big for struggling forwards Boston bruins and P bruins. Someone has to rise to the occasion soon otherwise a trade or like another poster mentioned look at signing Lee S?
Stempniak isn't a bad depth or 3rd line option, my only quip with him is that if he isn't scoring he isn't really doing much else. Very average in every aspect of the game

I personally would like to see what Jan Kovar can do as the 3rd line C rather than Backes. Haven't watched him much, but he was signed to be an NHL center in New York so the skill has to be there, right? Something like?

Marchand-bergeron-pasta
DeBrusk-Krejci-Bjork
Nordstrom-Kovar-Heinen
Wagner/Acciari/Kuraly/Backes

But maybe someone who has seen Kovar more than I can shoot this down. I don't like splitting the 1st line up as much as others though too.

Reactions: Blowfish

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
I just don't feel like the best option is moving the NHL leading goal scorer to the 2nd line to appeas

Lines 2-4 are presumably NHL players, yes? They aren't facing godly 2nd, 3rd and 4th lines who are making it impossible for them to have an even match up, so if we're assuming they're all good enough to play in the NHL then logically speaking they should be able to score a goal at a rate better about 0.3/goals/game from lines 2-4.

Like did Krejci, DeBrusk and Heinen completely forget how to play together? They played great in the regular season last year, they need to figure their shit out and fast.

Going 8% of a season (7 consecutive games) with 9 forwards scoring 0 even strength goals is absolutely absurd, they need to show they belong in the NHL.

-----

I'd suggest calling up Cehlarik as I still maintain the best Krejci looked in years was with Cehlarik on his wing. They just got pretty unlucky and had some goals called back / missed wide open nets for 5-6 games so the production wasn't there before he got sent back down.

Reactions: Blowfish and TCB

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I just don't feel like the best option is moving the NHL leading goal scorer to the 2nd line to appeas

Lines 2-4 are presumably NHL players, yes? They aren't facing godly 2nd, 3rd and 4th lines who are making it impossible for them to have an even match up, so if we're assuming they're all good enough to play in the NHL then logically speaking they should be able to score a goal at a rate better about 0.3/goals/game from lines 2-4.

Like did Krejci, DeBrusk and Heinen completely forget how to play together? They played great in the regular season last year, they need to figure their **** out and fast.

Going 8% of a season (7 consecutive games) with 9 forwards scoring 0 even strength goals is absolutely absurd, they need to show they belong in the NHL.

-----

I'd suggest calling up Cehlarik as I still maintain the best Krejci looked in years was with Cehlarik on his wing. They just got pretty unlucky and had some goals called back / missed wide open nets for 5-6 games so the production wasn't there before he got sent back down.

You make good points. But if it makes the team better you do it.

One thing that also hurts all the other lines, is 75-80% of the time when there's an offensive zone face off Cassidy sends out The Bergeron line. Maybe its time to show a little more confidence and faith in the 2nd and 3rd lines and let them stay out for an offensive zone draw.

Sometimes thats all it takes. Sending the right message to your players. By replacing them the majority of the time shows little faith in them and can mess with a players psyche.

Reactions: Blowfish and Emerz

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
You make good points. But if it makes the team better you do it.

One thing that also hurts all the other lines, is 75-80% of the time when there's an offensive zone face off Cassidy sends out The Bergeron line. Maybe its time to show a little more confidence and faith in the 2nd and 3rd lines and let them stay out for an offensive zone draw.

Sometimes thats all it takes. Sending the right message to your players. By replacing them the majority of the time shows little faith in them and can mess with a players psyche.

I get what you mean for sure, I just don't know... Pasta has a legitimate chance at the rocket and I'd hate to see him moved down a line because no one else can score a goal. I mean we are still a top 5 in the league by points percentage with the lines "as is", I feel like it's likely that eventually lines 2-4 figure stuff out.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

This and for the life of me I can't understand why some posters didn't see it...or perhaps I'm like them with my blinders on. lol

Reactions: Emerz

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I would like to see Bjork in top 6 however the bruins have not inserted a kid from Providence yet. This has to happen before knee jerk trade takes place.

Honestly, it's time to make moves outside the organization. Soon. As early as it is, waiting to do so may sink the season.

The young players aren't getting it done at the NHL level. There's been plenty of line tinkering, and precious little in the way of positive results.

And while they're at it, get someone to hold opponents accountable. "Team toughness" is poor to middling. Of course, Cassidy thinks everything is fine.

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
Shouldn't make a trade (big or small) without at least trying to mix up the lines a bit and call up some players from Providence. A trade at this point is still a knee jerk reaction and would possibly leave the Bruins worse off then they are now (i.e. nobody's going to want to take our "garbage" without something "nice" too).

Don't need to wait till the trade deadline though if switching lines/callups don't work -- just don't be pure reactionary about it and make a bad deal.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
I voted other.

I'd demote Rask and go with a Halak and Vladar combo until the deadline and then I trade Rask to the Kings for Tyler Toffoli and call up Kyle Keyser to start the playoffs and he leads the Bruins to their 7th Stanley Cup,with Toffoli scoring the Game winner in OT of game seven against Rask and the Kings on a dump-in from center-ice. Bruins win 1-0 and Zach Senyshyn takes home the Conn Smythe.

Rask would never make it to the AHL so there is no demotion.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Please rewind and watch his last playoff series and 2018 2019 YTD performances.

We should have dumped Brad when he went multiple playoffs doing nothing. Halak was just as bad last night and has far less of a resume. People get way too emotional over one game.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
At $7 million and a slight chance a team sees value/will bite, I changed my vote to consider trading Rask. Calling up a P bruin is going to happen sooner than later - no need to waste a vote on P bruin.

BTW I have always been a big Rask fan however something about him isn't sitting right with me the last 2 years. He has not looked good at all the last 8 months.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad