(Poll) Power Play

WillHabs12

Lalime's awkwardness
Apr 15, 2013
Québec
Bouillon isn't the answer. What are our options?

Markov - Subban for all the pp?
Markov alternate with Diaz and Subban stay there ?
Markov - Subban for 1/2 and Diaz - Plekanec for 1/2??
Continue with Therrien Stategy?
Other?

If I remember Plekanec was good on the PP at the qb

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Ideal PP lines would be:

Gally - Eller - Gally
Markov - Subban

Pacioretty - Briere - Bourque
Diaz - Plekanec

No way Bouillon/Desharnais get taken off the PP though, Pleks wasn't great on the point on the PP but he's a million times better than Bouillon. Briere would be a lot more effective having two bigger bodies opening up room for him on the PP.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office

Other?

Bingo...Pleks can play the point on the 2nd PP, at least until Emelin is back.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
Markov-Subban and swap in Diaz sometimes... I don't think I want to see Bouillon on the PP ever again.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Now that Plekanec is barely getting any PP time, I would use him on the point again. It wasn't super conclusive the first time but he can't be worst than Bouillon.

EGG
Markov-Subban

Pacioretty-Briere-Bourque (rather have Bourque than DD, we have enough player that will pass the puck around)
Plekanec-Diaz (or Subban for 2 min)

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Subban stays for full 2 minutes unless Beaulieu draws in.. then I have Beaulieu with Subban and Markov with Diaz.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Markov is PP QB not Subban, if someone should stay 2 min it's Markov.

So I say leave Subban and Markov for the full PP.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

Other?

I don't like the idea of playing Subban the whole 2 minute PP. He's our best 5 on 5 d-man, I'd rather play him a minute and still have him for a shift 30-60 seconds after the PP is over.

Markov is the guy that runs the whole PP, the true QB, if anybody should play 2 minutes it's him, though I'm not a fan of doing that all the time...depends on the game situation.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Ideally, two minutes Marky / Subban.

But Marky might not be able to stand it... so rotate Marky / Diaz.

NewbieOfGames

Apr 10, 2013
Québec, CAN
I don't like the idea of playing Subban the whole 2 minute PP. He's our best 5 on 5 d-man, I'd rather play him a minute and still have him for a shift 30-60 seconds after the PP is over.

Markov is the guy that runs the whole PP, the true QB, if anybody should play 2 minutes it's him, though I'm not a fan of doing that all the time...depends on the game situation.

Lol how was Markov the PP quaterback this year so far? From what ive seen its all Subban been responsible for our PP goals this year. First last game against PHI, it was all him with his fake shot/pass wich led to a gally goal. Then last game, it was pacioretty setting up Subban huge slapshot. Markov got a secondary assists because he dumped the puck in pacioretty direction after struggling to enter the zone and almost loosing the puck. Tought i agree i'd rather have Markov to assit Subban than anyone else so far, i totally disagree hes the PP QB, now its Subban all the way.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
When Emelin returns have him and Markov alternate beside Subby. Emelin has a great shot. Put Bouillon out on an ice floe like the Inuit do.

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
Ideal PP lines would be:

Gally - Eller - Gally
Markov - Subban

Pacioretty - Briere - Bourque
Diaz - Plekanec

No way Bouillon/Desharnais get taken off the PP though, Pleks wasn't great on the point on the PP but he's a million times better than Bouillon. Briere would be a lot more effective having two bigger bodies opening up room for him on the PP.

The thing is, it's very dangerous to have a forward at the point on the second PP unit because most of the time, the penality will end and the team could be stuck with 4 forwards on the ice for a pretty long time.

HTTP 400

Sep 1, 2007
Am I the only one who has bad memories of Plekanec playing the QB 2 years ago when Markov was hurt?

I might be wrong, but I also think he said he didn't like it.

Edit : nope, hfboards hated it! http://hfboards.mandatory.com/archive/index.php/t-993043.html

Sure, it didn't help that the Habs gave their first goal of the season to the Leafs while they were on PP with Pleky playing at the point!

Last edited:

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
There are a lot of problems besides just ice time.

The whole PP is premised upon PK's shot. Yet he's almost never in a position for a 1-timer. He and Markov need to switch sides as soon as we have puck possesion in the offensive zone. They wait way to longer to make the switch.

There is hardly any scoring threats besides Subban. You need viable down-low plays in order to keep the PKers honest so that they don't just make sure Subban is always covered.

My take is we need a player that can pass and shoot on the high right boards. Galchenyuk/Plekanec already do this on occasion just not often enough. Doing so opens up another passing lane for Markov and will force them to not cover Subban as much since doing so would result in a lot more 4vs3 situations.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
There are a lot of problems besides just ice time.

The whole PP is premised upon PK's shot. Yet he's almost never in a position for a 1-timer. He and Markov need to switch sides as soon as we have puck possesion in the offensive zone. They wait way to longer to make the switch.

There is hardly any scoring threats besides Subban. You need viable down-low plays in order to keep the PKers honest so that they don't just make sure Subban is always covered.

My take is we need a player that can pass and shoot on the high right boards. Galchenyuk/Plekanec already do this on occasion just not often enough. Doing so opens up another passing lane for Markov and will force them to not cover Subban as much since doing so would result in a lot more 4vs3 situations.

Patches has a really sharp wrist shot too.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Lol how was Markov the PP quaterback this year so far? From what ive seen its all Subban been responsible for our PP goals this year. First last game against PHI, it was all him with his fake shot/pass wich led to a gally goal. Then last game, it was pacioretty setting up Subban huge slapshot. Markov got a secondary assists because he dumped the puck in pacioretty direction after struggling to enter the zone and almost loosing the puck. Tought i agree i'd rather have Markov to assit Subban than anyone else so far, i totally disagree hes the PP QB, now its Subban all the way.

LOL...

Watch the PP goal again! Markov made it happen because he opened up space for Patches and Subban. He also got robbed twice earlier by MacDonald.

When on the PP, Markov>Subban! Remember when Diaz looked like a superstar with Marky last season?

I love Subban just as much as you guys but the hate Markov gets in here is RIDICULOUS.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad