OT: Poll: How many points will Cooley score this year?

How many points will Cooley score this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
All very encouraging, yes. BUT I sure as hell hope folks take into account that setbacks will happen with these kids and refrain from bitching up a storm when that happens. Look no further than Keller's three seasons after his rookie year, the advantage these kids should have is better players around them to minimize the setbacks, but those better players, will most all also be kids.
Duly noted...and supported by Berniers production this season...

Calder Trophy winner Matty Beniers is on pace to plummet from 57 points in 2022-23 to just 36 in 2023-24

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
So did any one of the 5 other people who got this point total range right also get the total points for the team right in the 70s? Or am I the only one who goes out on top?

Reactions: Summer Rose

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
1712847151039.png

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
HAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!! SUCK IT, LOS3RZ!!!! D0M OUT!!!!

(of course, cooley could still get 8 points in 3 games I suppose, so this may be premature, but...)
tell you what the game last night was all kids. It's a testament to who will be driving this team forward 2-3 years from now. It won't be Scmaltz and Keller. It's Cooley and Guenther.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
tell you what the game last night was all kids. It's a testament to who will be driving this team forward 2-3 years from now. It won't be Scmaltz and Keller. It's Cooley and Guenther.
Yeah, you sort of get the feeling the last 2-3 months they've sorta looked at each other, then at 8 and 9, and said "pfft, we're at least as good as those two. let's do this."

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I hope they stay the course wherever they go. No short term fixes at expense of future this time.
I agree. But they could do both. If Keller and Schmaltz and Crouse want out, they’re going to need to add a lot of payroll and they’ll suddenly have way more assets than they anticipated that they’ll be able to flip. You could get some really nice mid-20s players in need of paydays on cap-strapped teams, if you’re willing to get a little extra spendy with draft picks.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I agree. But they could do both. If Keller and Schmaltz and Crouse want out, they’re going to need to add a lot of payroll and they’ll suddenly have way more assets than they anticipated that they’ll be able to flip. You could get some really nice mid-20s players in need of paydays on cap-strapped teams, if you’re willing to get a little extra spendy with draft picks.
Owen Power is a guy i would target if I am BA. The tone in which other correspondents talk about him suggests that either he wants out or is available. I'm betting he wants out.

rt

May 13, 2004
Owen Power is a guy i would target if I am BA. The tone in which other correspondents talk about him suggests that either he wants out or is available. I'm betting he wants out.
Keller currently had no trade protection. Next season his cap hit will be lower than Power’s by about 1aav.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Keller currently had no trade protection. Next season his cap hit will be lower than Power’s by about 1aav.
I just think Buff needs size on wing and Crouse may be a name that wants out as well. Keller and St. louis makes so much sense.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I just think Buff needs size on wing and Crouse may be a name that wants out as well. Keller and St. louis makes so much sense.
Keller for Snuggerrud and more would be kind of fun. But only if Keller were to make it clear he wants out.

rt

May 13, 2004
Yeah but the Crouse to Power value gap is considerable.

Schmaltz for picks, and then Crouse plus the Schmaltz picks and some of our future picks for Power maybe?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad