OT: Poll: How many points will Cooley score this year?

How many points will Cooley score this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Preseason just finished, Cooley did well incl that legitimately ridiculous spin-o-rama, how crazy would it have been to be some random Australian that doesn't know anything about hockey and you get to see THAT in your first NHL game.

Anyway am honestly curious as to what everyone thinks, cautiously optimistic about the kid depending on his linemates / PP usage (or lack thereof).

Results viewable after voting. Thx!

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
41-50 but I wouldn't put it past him to hit 70. I'm not sure he'll see enough games to put up big numbers, he's certainly capable. Whatever his games played comes out to, I'm guessing he'll sit around .8ppg.

Reactions: Summer Rose

GhostofTommyBolin

Aug 18, 2016
Chandler, AZ
41-50. The NHL regular season is way different than the preseason. Most kids aren't ready for the 82-game grind and hit a wall around the break. I'd love to see him throw up 75-80 and win the Calder over Bedard(who I don't think will get more than 60 points), but I think 41-50 is more realistic.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Remparts666

Feb 11, 2021
41-50. The NHL regular season is way different than the preseason. Most kids aren't ready for the 82-game grind and hit a wall around the break. I'd love to see him throw up 75-80 and win the Calder over Bedard(who I don't think will get more than 60 points), but I think 41-50 is more realistic.

this. My rationale for betting 200$ with a friend that maccelli gets more point than him

Yotes4Cup

Dec 1, 2017
60 pts in around 70 games. I don't see him playing every game this year. If he plays all 82 games I can see him putting up 75.

this. My rationale for betting 200$ with a friend that maccelli gets more point than him
Keller put up 65 as a rookie when league scoring was lower. Depends on what prospect you think was better coming in. health is also a big thing. This kid can put up 75.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix

Keller put up 65 as a rookie when league scoring was lower. Depends on what prospect you think was better coming in. health is also a big thing. This kid can put up 75.

Keller did that in an environment where we had other scoring threads to protect him as well as defensively responsible forwards to shoulder the brunt of that work. We lack for the latter a bit right now, the only reason our team didn't give up even more goals last season was the netminding was passable, and we gave up a lot as it is.

But we're in even better shape on the former right now than we have been in a long time.

I think he's got the conditions to succeed and he's going to. I'm not as bullish on the overall team record as some seem to be but I do think there are going to be a lot of really good individual performances this season, building on last year.

Yotes4Cup

Dec 1, 2017

Keller did that in an environment where we had other scoring threads to protect him as well as defensively responsible forwards to shoulder the brunt of that work. We lack for the latter a bit right now, the only reason our team didn't give up even more goals last season was the netminding was passable, and we gave up a lot as it is.

But we're in even better shape on the former right now than we have been in a long time.

I think he's got the conditions to succeed and he's going to. I'm not as bullish on the overall team record as some seem to be but I do think there are going to be a lot of really good individual performances this season, building on last year.
I'd say that Cooley will be playing with better players than Keller did in his rookie season. He is also a more highly touted prospect than Keller was coming in. If he gets lot of pp time, and plays all 82 games I can see him hitting 70+.

Yotes4Cup

Dec 1, 2017
I have no idea where he ends up but those predicting 70 or more points might notice only 8 players have done that since 2000. Possible but maybe not probable.
nobody does, that is why we are speculating haha

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
I have no idea where he ends up but those predicting 70 or more points might notice only 8 players have done that since 2000. Possible but maybe not probable.
This got me wondering how many players have scored at least 60. A quick search and I landed on only 22 players. That's not a lot.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
EADB6099-E43F-4060-B43E-EB9CDA7E6169.jpeg

Reactions: PainForShane

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
There's obviously 81 games left but there's a reason I took my shot and said 70+ when I"m usually pretty reserved in predictions.

He just has an it factor. Some guys just come out of development ready to compete against pros. Whatever he tops out at as years down the line, he has the touch and vision to perform now.

Keller had it, Domi had it. Chychrun had it.

Someone like Guenther by contrast, obviously has skill but he's just not there yet. He's never looked as poised in any of his 30ish games as Cooley looked last night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad