Management Poll: Does Boston Bruins Head Coach Bruce Cassidy Still Have a Job in 2022-23?

Bruins Head Coach Cassidy: Stays or Goes?

• Stays With Team For Final Year of Contract

Votes: 128 68.8%
  • He's Relieved of His Duties During This Off-Season

Votes: 58 31.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I dont know how much the old man is active on day to day.
What I will say is if Charlie is sincere about wanting another Cup for dad , he better get his thumb outta his ass and do something.
He is active enough too read the bottom every morning.........

Reactions: Gee Wally

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Honestly, he stays for as long as they can keep him here. This postseason bought D&D’er another season (at least). Coach goes first so if they can him now, then what happens if they go into the season and suck? No buffer.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Sweeney and Neely are issue not Bruce.And Bruins had 107 pts so even saying that I feel dirty
A 107 pt regular season team not bad ,playoffs not so good , that should not fall on the coach it should all fall on management for playoff failures ..........look at teams still alive in playoffs speed ,big ,tough physical teams..........even smaller player like Gaudreau can be successful in the playoffs because of the way the rest of the roster is constructed..............B's management please read.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

Well the change should have been at GM if Neely is saying that cause Bruins coach is not at fault to a point he should be fired. Only move that was debatable was starting Ullmark who stunk in his career vs Canes ..I listened to Sweeney yesterday and unless he is playing possum it sounded like he has absolutely no idea outside tanking on how to get that centre spot fixed but again the man was not stupid he knew the hole would be there and thus he bolstered back end with Lindholm which was a great trade your not getting his type player where Bruins were picking and it gives Bruins super solid base with Swayman to survive or should I say still contend for playoff spots which is Jacobs criteria .That said his constant wasting cap on players like Foligno while other holes grow is frustrating but at same time his team did get 107 pts and took one of best teams 7 games .I am just going to hope it works out.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
I love Bruce and don’t think he deserves to be fired

But if Sweeney and Neely are gonna force him to change his coaching style

I’d rather they just let him go and bring in a new coach then try and make Bruce someone he’s not

Reactions: quietbruinfan

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

This reeks of management laying their failures on Bruce.Every coach has times where they should change things and Bruce is no exception but come on man look what you stuck him with.That Foligno contract was a brutal kick to his nads .Bruce might have kept playing him to prove a point now that I think about it hearing Neely comments.

BRING IN TROTZ
You think he is gonna do better?Bruce has taken teams further in less time .It's management not getting him right players to finish job.I see nothing that warrants removal of Bruce.

Reactions: GordonHowe

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Any guesses on which former teammate of Neely's he will hire as the next coach?
33315-1590326Fr.jpg

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
No Bergeron decision and Sweeney still not extended...I expect a coming back and extension once Cassidy is let go,

Neely is not a fan at all.

Stubborn Bruce kept running into the Carolina Wall in Carolina. Cam also made a point to say "the younger guys were too worried about missing the next game after making a mistake in the current game."

Hostile work environment. No bueno

Reactions: Yeti34

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
View attachment 548309View attachment 548310

I believe he is a profession rodeo rider. Or maybe it was a stunt double for Clint Eastwood.

Can't remember. Whatever it is, it's a salt of the earth kind of thing. Mixing with common people in some capacity.

Tee hee.

But remember, it was Charlie who went outside the organization and brought in Peter Chiarelli, who, a season removed from the Dave Lewis Experiment, brought in Claude Julien in turn.

Worked out pretty well.

Now that Sweeney is evidently safe for another year, I hope Charlie does the same after yet another "day late, dollar short" effort from the SweeNeely brain trust.

It's my only hope.

:banghead::wally:cry:

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Tee hee.
But remember, it was Charlie who went outside the organization and brought in Peter Chiarelli, who, a season removed from the Dave Lewis Experiment, brought in Claude Julien in turn.
Worked out pretty well.
Now that Sweeney is evidently safe for another year, I hope Charlie does the same after yet another "day late, dollar short" effort from the SweeNeely brain trust.

It's my only hope.

:banghead::wally:cry:
Sad thing is you don't need a magic 8 ball, to see what the future brings here with Sweeney. I just wish he would go ahead an get it over with all ready.

Reactions: GordonHowe

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Guys got bad groceries.

I can't really blame him for the outcome.

He has warts but what coach doesn't? Haven't really seen anything from him that makes me think he needs to be canned.

Powerplay sucks but how much of that is on the personnel?

It's entirely on management. If the personnel isn't good enough, what is Cassidy supposed to do?

Sweeney and Neely are ultimately responsible. Except, of course, when they're not.

Shift the blame on to Cassidy, as both have now done.

Blame the coach/fire the coach.

The last refuge of a scoundrel.

Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
The biggest issue of not being talked about is he’s still under contract. You guys really think anyone under contract is getting fired under jacobs as long as they are making the playoffs? Come on.

The old man will write that off as the cost of doing business, if need be.

And, most certainly, Sweeney and Neely will sacrifice Cassidy forthwith to save their skin.

That's how it works.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
He should have a job after making that shit bag roster a playoff team, but they'll scapegoat him now and blame everything on him instead of accepting the fact that they put together an incredibly flawed roster. He basically made chicken salad out of chicken shit, and the thanks he's going to get is fired. Meanwhile, the problem with the team will remain in charge running things, drafting poorly, and signing bottom of the roster types to long term high value deals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad