Poll: Does Babcock keep Larkin on Leafs?

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
The Wings had a coach called Bowman. How many actually remember him? He was hard on young players, much worse than Babcock if I remember right.
Babcock actually chased away older players. Yzerman (blasphemy) and shanahan come to my mind.

This is a great move by Holland/organisation. Larkin might sell tickets.
Bowman was hard on all players not really a great example.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Not only that, but those rosters were elite as all hell. So yeah, you can ride somebody into the ground when you have the best roster.
I think that's the thing with Babcock too. Yeah, if you have an amazing roster, he will get them playing hard and probably win or get you real close. For Team Canada, or the 05-09 Red Wings, perfect coach. For the Maple Leafs, or 10-15 Red Wings? Not so much. There's only so much the players will put up with if they're not winning.

Actual Thought*

Not only that, but those rosters were elite as all hell. So yeah, you can ride somebody into the ground when you have the best roster.
Bowman coached a lot of teams and he always preferred veterans. He was a huge influence on the Wings and Holland in that respect.

Bowman also would have never taken over this team and put Kindl out on the first PP of the year. He demanded that players earn opportunity. He didn't give them the sun and moon in hopes they would appreciate it enough to perform. Babs was much the same.

doublejack

Feb 11, 2004
Detroit
Larkin would make the Leafs simply because he'd HAVE to. He is good enough to play for any of the 30 NHL teams.

That said, Babcock would have him toiling in the bottom six, getting 8 or 10 minutes a game if he were lucky.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad