Poll: Do the flyers make the playoffs

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
if I had to bet I'd reluctantly bet "no"
mostly because the division is so tough so it seems like the WC is the only way in

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
I think it will be close, they have better depth, hopefully the rookies play better than what we had last year, but I am VERY worried about the goaltending.

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
Yes, unless major injuries screw us (like Giroux missing most of the season or something like that).

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
if I had to bet I'd reluctantly bet "no"
mostly because the division is so tough so it seems like the WC is the only way in

Someone correct me if I'm mistaken, but I think we actually held our own against stringer teams and lost majority of the games to real ****** teams like coyotes, devils and such.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Someone correct me if I'm mistaken, but I think we actually held our own against stringer teams and lost majority of the games to real ****** teams like coyotes, devils and such.

They were pretty bad in general. That ten game win streak made their point totals look a lot better than the actual season was. If they just split there with 10 points instead of the 20 they would have been the 5th-6th worst team in the league come end of the year.

They could still improve this year & be around the same end of the year point total.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
They were pretty bad in general. That ten game win streak made their point totals look a lot better than the actual season was. If they just split there with 10 points instead of the 20 they would have been the 5th-6th worst team in the league come end of the year.

They could still improve this year & be around the same end of the year point total.

It is crazy to consider that we had a ten game win streak last year.

Laveuglette

Apr 5, 2011
Quebec

That's fallacious. They won those games. It's like saying "if we had won more games in our worst stretch of the season, we would have made the playoffs" to argue that we will make them. Best streak and worst streak are part of the season.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
That's fallacious. They won those games. It's like saying "if we had won more games in our worst stretch of the season, we would have made the playoffs" to argue that we will make them. Best streak and worst streak are part of the season.

Not really when it was clearly an anomaly based on everything else that season. They were one of the worst teams in 5v5 again. The PP was middle of the pack. The PK was towards the bottom of the league. The goaltending towards the bottom as well.

Laveuglette

Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
Not really when it was clearly an anomaly based on everything else that season. They were one of the worst teams in 5v5 again. The PP was middle of the pack. The PK was towards the bottom of the league. The goaltending towards the bottom as well.

i agree. Historically every nhl team that has won 10 games straight made the playoffs. When we did it , it was a wtf moment.

Best streak, just worst streak, is always an anomaly. By construction of the concept.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It's 50/50 either way, imo. Very competitive division, and it wouldn't surprise me of two teams missed the playoffs but have more points than third place in the Atlantic.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
We havent missed in 2 consecutive seasons since 92-93, 93-94. That streak is going to continue.

Flyers are IN.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The 10 game win streak was unsustainably good, the scoring drought in January and February were unsustainably bad. They even out.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Yes, but the blues don't and we get the #11 pick. Plus, Hexy turns Flip, irrelevant given NPs stellar season, into another top 20 pick

They are not getting a 1st for Filppula. Theyd be lucky to get a 2nd.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
I think they will just miss. Last year they didn't lose a lot of mangames to injuries. I don't think they will be as lucky this year.

After missing, Hextall trades Ghost ++ for Drew Doughty in the offseason.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Hell yeah! Giroux gets the Hart. Elliot Vezina. Voracek Art Ross. Provolone Norris. Couturier Selke. Hakstok gets Jack Adams. Morin, Lindblom, and Patrick tie for Calder. Flyers win Cup over the Sharks. Penguins, Rangers, and Devils all finish in the bottom three but have to forfeit their draft picks.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00